Windows 10: Taskbar and touch input

Discus and support Taskbar and touch input in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I have noticed that the taskbar will not respond to ANY touch input, but works perfectly fine with the mouse. I only noticed this in the past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Servamatic, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Taskbar and touch input

Recently I have noticed that the taskbar will not respond to ANY touch input, but works perfectly fine with the mouse. I only noticed this in the past week, I have gone so far as to reset the system and wipe all data to reinstall, and the issue was still present when the reset process completed.
    The rest of the screen works fine with touch input, it is only the taskbar, it seems like this is planned, but it makes no sense that I cannot touch an icon to launch the program or even the start button with my finger on a tablet.
    Dell 5285

:)

Servamatic, Feb 19, 2018

2. Taskbar covers open windows!

I am on a Surface Pro 4. And I enjoy having the taskbar located at the top of the screen to make the programs easily accessible to touch input. The keyboard makes it difficult to touch the taskbar items when it is on the bottom.

My issue is that at unpredictable intervals, an open window will go behind the taskbar making it impossible to close with the maximize, minimize or restore button range. I think this is a bug and needs to be addressed. It is like the windows get layered
    under the taskbar. This should not ever happen.

KalHCougar, Feb 19, 2018
  3. Opahujo Win User
    How to turn off "windows button" in windows 10

Thank you very,very much. For me the on-screen keyboard comes up not if I touch the input box but when I touch the keyboard icon in the taskbar with a finger instead of the pen. Who do thunk. You have made my day. Thank you very much. Taskbar and touch input :)))

Opahujo, Feb 19, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Taskbar and touch input

Gosh, touch access to the taskbar works on all three of my Win10 touch PCs: a Dell Venue Pro 11 7130 (Insider Preview), a Dell XPS 2710 All-in-One (also Insider Preview), and a Lenovo X220 Tablet (1709 16299.248). To me, this makes your situation even stranger. Sorry I can't shed any further light on your situation.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 19, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar and touch input

1. Taskbar and touch input - Similar Threads - Taskbar touch input

2. How to rotate the touch input?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to rotate the touch input?: Hello : I reinstalled Windows on a small laptop with touchdisplay. The screen is set to portrait by default. So I set it to landscape mode. That worked, however the touch input is not correct. Before that it did not work properly either. No matter what I set, the touch input...
  3. How to rotate the touch input?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rotate the touch input?: Hello : I reinstalled Windows on a small laptop with touchdisplay. The screen is set to portrait by default. So I set it to landscape mode. That worked, however the touch input is not correct. Before that it did not work properly either. No matter what I set, the touch input...
  4. How to rotate the touch input?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Connect Help Touch Input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect Help Touch Input: How To active input in connect i need to play game but here it`s How to enable input In Setting i dont found a chekboxes ho to fix it please [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-help-touch-input/b13fe81c-faa4-4c17-9f89-c584b9ffa5ab
  6. Switching from pen input to touch input takes too long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching from pen input to touch input takes too long: I'm on a 2-in-1 convertible laptop (Asus Zenbook Flip 14). When I'm just writing in Onenote, things work smoothly. Same with just the touch input itself. But when I go from writing with the pen to trying to pan around with touch input, it takes a few seconds to register any...
  7. [19H1]Touch keyboard button cannot be opened in taskbar after change touch keyboard input...

[19H1]Touch keyboard button cannot be opened in taskbar after change touch keyboard input...: Steps to repro: 1. Show touch keyboard button in taskbar. 2. Change touch keyboard input method to input under Tent/Pad/Stand/NB. 3. After a while find Touch keyboard button cannot be opened. BTW : Use mouse and touch both can't open Touch keyboard button. The issue...
  8. No pen or touch input is available for this display??

No pen or touch input is available for this display??: Okay, I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I've been going nuts over this. I can't use my stylus pen, nor is my touchscreen functioning. It was working fine one day and the next it just completely stopped. These are my device specifications. When the touchscreen and pen...
  9. Keyboard gives wrong input/inputing without touching

Keyboard gives wrong input/inputing without touching: Dear community, I have a problem that I need assistance with. About 2 days ago, my SteelSeries Apex 500m mech keyboard started giving input without my interference. It presses buttons without me doing anything Or giving wrong input (sometimes different buttons while...
  10. No pen or touch input is available for display

in Windows 10 Customization
    No pen or touch input is available for display: I tried to turn on the touch screen for my new laptop but I cannot find the driver. There is no HID compliant touch screen. Any can help me? ASUS VivoBook S14 S410UN EB154T...