Windows 10: Taskbar Auto-Pin Intrusion

Discus and support Taskbar Auto-Pin Intrusion in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm setting up a new laptop with Windows 10 and have taskbar pinning issue. The system sets up with My Documents and Internet Explorer pinned to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JFunk, Mar 31, 2017.

1. JFunk Win User

Taskbar Auto-Pin Intrusion

I'm setting up a new laptop with Windows 10 and have taskbar pinning issue. The system sets up with My Documents and Internet Explorer pinned to the taskbar. When I unpin them and reboot the system they reappear again. Very annoying and I haven't found a way to stop this intrusion yet. Any help you can provide would be super!
    Thanks

:)

JFunk, Mar 31, 2017

2. How can I delete the "Frequent" list within browser

This "Frequent" list exists when you pin "My Computer" and any browsers to the taskbar and then right click on the folder and my browsers

The reason I want to delete the "Frequent" list is because it intrusively is located below the desired "pinned" list and the Frequent list is also a privacy issue where a guest to my computer can see all the files I have ever visited.

maxkojisan, Mar 31, 2017
  3. Is there a key shortcut that will allow me to toggle the levels of the task bar when it takes more than a single level?

It is built in, they just hide it. And I added more info to my post, so re-read it.

Now you have your pinned items on taskbar, another full row to add items in quick launch and your pinned quick access items in explorer that is pinned to taskbar. Everything at your fingertips. And auto hide task bar gives you full access to your whole screen
    viewing area in normal or full screen mode.

And you are Welcome!

seahawks65, Mar 31, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 31, 2017
  5. JFunk Win User
    Thanks for the tip! I ran the bat file to reset the taskbar and it actually brought the unwanted Windows apps back.

JFunk, Apr 1, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar Auto-Pin Intrusion - Similar Threads - Taskbar Auto Pin

2. Pinning folders on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinning folders on taskbar: So I'm not sure if this has been asked or resolved yet, but when I want to pin a specific folder onto my taskbar, it instead pins it to the File Explorer for some reason. For example, if I drag and drop the Downloads folder onto my taskbar, it creates a File Explorer button....
  3. Pin to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin to taskbar: I use a microsd card like second drive on my laptop. But I cant add any exe to taskbar from any external drive. In the context menu there is just add to start option. If I move the executable in the C drive, then in the context menu appear the item add to taskbar. With...
  4. Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?

Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?: Hi, I'm having an issue where an invisible, nonfunctional icon for Dell Mobile Connect is pinned on the taskbar but there is no way to unpin it. Here is a screenshot of the issue (after right-clicking on the icon): [ATTACH] Tried rebooting and restarting Explorer and...
  5. Pinning to Taskbar

Pinning to Taskbar: While trying to pin something to the Taskbar, I accidently removed File Explorer from the Taskbar. How to I pin it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-to-taskbar/3c7c361f-b7b3-4180-89f5-4f778ea32952
  6. Pin Taskbar (settings, personalization, Taskbar) to taskbar

Pin Taskbar (settings, personalization, Taskbar) to taskbar: Hey guys, i play with my taskbar settings for when i game....is their a way to PIN taskbar (settings, personalization, Taskbar) to the taskbar....the option is pin to start.. if anyone knows the command for that i can maybe create a direct shortcut 124165
  7. Cannot pin to Taskbar

Cannot pin to Taskbar: I have a brand new HP Pavilion laptop. Why is there no Pin to Taskbar? When I bought my new PC I believed I would have all my usual functions plus up to date facilities of a new machine. I my pc faulty or is it Microsoft being mean for the sake of it?...
  8. Unauthorized intrusions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unauthorized intrusions: I am a US Contractor working in the US for a foreign company (India based). I signed a contract to perform calling for their company. I performed and delivered opportunities. I had allowed their IT team onto my new laptop to connect me with their CRM. They did not pay me...
  9. Pinning Gmail to Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Pinning Gmail to Taskbar: I'd like to be able to pin Gmail icon to the task bar, but it attaches to my Mozilla Icon. On windows xp and window 7, the icon link always showed in the TB. Have tried 4 or 5 times, but still no luck. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks 22972
  10. Taskbar Auto-Pin Intrusion

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Auto-Pin Intrusion: I'm setting up a new laptop with Windows 10 and have taskbar pinning issue. The system sets up with "My Documents" and "Internet Explorer" pinned to the taskbar. When I unpin them and reboot the system they reappear again. Very annoying and I haven't found a way to stop this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 remove autopin to taskbar