Windows 10: Taskbar broken

Discus and support Taskbar broken in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Okay, this all pretty much started today when I booted up my computer. I can't use the start button, the search bar, none of my applications show up on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by diedrichvk, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Taskbar broken

Okay, this all pretty much started today when I booted up my computer. I can't use the start button, the search bar, none of my applications show up on it, and the date and time are missing. I also can't click the "show desktop" button.

I've tried killing explorer.exe and restarting it and using windows Powershell to put in the following command:

Unfortunately, no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. If you guys need any info about my PC, don't hesitate to ask

:)

diedrichvk, Jul 12, 2016
  2. Drew1903 Win User

Taskbar broken

Please do a Sys Restore and report back. Thank you. Pick a date when the taskbar was ok.

NB: That's System Restore... am not talking Reset of any kind.

Cheers,

Drew

Taskbar broken [​IMG]

Drew1903, Jul 12, 2016
  3. Taskbar broken

All my icons on the taskbar have disappeared. The clock and date no longer show. I can click on task view and it will work. Cortana and the Windows button i can highlight but they will not open. Minimizing any tabs results in that program disappearing into
    the "void" of the taskbar.

I have gone into task manager and restart windows explorer tasks but to no avail.

Occasionally, task manager will crash upon opening.

I have ran multiple scans on 2 anti-virus softwars and have found nothing.

Please help!

ChadHanlon, Jul 12, 2016
  4. Taskbar broken

Never mind. I did a bit of a hard restart and the problem sorted itself out

diedrichvk, Jul 12, 2016
  5. Glad it is back to normal. *Smile

Computer Chicken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar broken

1. Taskbar broken - Similar Threads - Taskbar broken

2. Taskbar Broken, Background Disappears, Monitors Turn Off; SSD Suddenly Unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Broken, Background Disappears, Monitors Turn Off; SSD Suddenly Unusable: Hi Microsoft,So I've been running into a bizarre problem with my iBuyPower computer where everything on Windows 11 loads perfectly fine except for the taskbar, which is invisible. If you click it, the taskbar turns black and tries to load. Sometimes it works, other times it...
  3. Taskbar Broken, Background Disappears, Monitors Turn Off; SSD Suddenly Unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Broken, Background Disappears, Monitors Turn Off; SSD Suddenly Unusable: Hi Microsoft,So I've been running into a bizarre problem with my iBuyPower computer where everything on Windows 11 loads perfectly fine except for the taskbar, which is invisible. If you click it, the taskbar turns black and tries to load. Sometimes it works, other times it...
  4. Sometimes, the taskbar will be broken/hang after logging out and logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes, the taskbar will be broken/hang after logging out and logging in: Please see the attached picture and you can see what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-the-taskbar-will-be-brokenhang-after/a9ad73af-2cec-48bb-b234-9dac8223e3f1
  5. Sometimes, the taskbar will be broken/hang after logging out and logging in

Sometimes, the taskbar will be broken/hang after logging out and logging in: Please see the attached picture and you can see what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-the-taskbar-will-be-brokenhang-after/a9ad73af-2cec-48bb-b234-9dac8223e3f1
  6. My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything: My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything, and i need to fix it right nowdo not reinstall windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-is-broken-it-doesnt-show-anything/ea5ddd9d-c91b-4044-965e-621fad872399
  7. My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything

My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything: My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything, and i need to fix it right nowdo not reinstall windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-is-broken-it-doesnt-show-anything/ea5ddd9d-c91b-4044-965e-621fad872399
  8. My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Taskbar is broken after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is broken after restarting: Ok, bear with me. Recently, I’m having issues with the task bar that wasn’t responding. Probably this issue occurred when i accidentally click the update driver to HP Firmware Pack AMD Processors from HP Support Assistant, and i click the cancel button abruptly while it’s...
  10. Taskbar is broken after restarting

Taskbar is broken after restarting: Ok, bear with me. Recently, I’m having issues with the task bar that wasn’t responding. Probably this issue occurred when i accidentally click the update driver to HP Firmware Pack AMD Processors from HP Support Assistant, and i click the cancel button abruptly while it’s...