Windows 10: Taskbar buttons using small and large size at same time.

Discus and support Taskbar buttons using small and large size at same time. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Welp, I can't seem to fix this one out of nowhere my taskbar icons are as show in the picture are using the small setting for most and the correct big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rvcjew, Jan 29, 2018.

1. rvcjew Win User

Taskbar buttons using small and large size at same time.

Welp, I can't seem to fix this one out of nowhere my taskbar icons are as show in the picture are using the small setting for most and the correct big setting for like two now. Swapping the setting does nothing besides making them all small as intended then going back it looks like this again. Reboot does nothing, restarting explorer does nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Malcolm

:)

rvcjew, Jan 29, 2018

2. Need LARGE Taskbar Icons for Windows 10 in Desktop mode

When a user goes to increase their taskbar icons on the Windows 10 desktop, they go to: 1) Settings (the gear wheel found on the left side of the start menu), 2) Personalization, and 3) Taskbar. The fourth setting down says "Use small taskbar buttons." If
    you turn that setting "on" you get TINY taskbar buttons. If you turn that setting "off" you get SMALL taskbar buttons. These SMALL taskbar buttons (not the TINY ones but the SMALL ones) are about 1/3rd of the size of a desktop MEDIUM sized icon. Right now
    I need either MEDIUM or LARGE taskbar icons. I am willing to go into the registry to do this. I am not willing to use some bogus third party software (either free or paid) which only partially works.

Again I need MEDIUM or LARGE taskbar Windows 10 icons in desktop mode. Do not post old solutions which worked in Windows 7 or pre Windows 10 Anniversary or Creators Update. Do not post links to third party software. Also do not recommend reducing the screen
    resolution.

Thank you. I look forward to a solution.

chrislawsman, Jan 29, 2018
  3. taskbar resize WIN 10

I don't have a touch screen, but try this sequence, it seems to get the taskbar back to the default size.

Touch and hold on the taskbar to get the menu (I believe this is the same as right click mouse) and select Properties.

Select: Use small taskbar buttons.

Select: OK

Touch and hold on the taskbar to get the menu and select Properties.

DeSelect: Use small taskbar buttons.

Select: OK

When I did this with my mouse the taskbar resized so that it was only the size of the icons.

A_User_Here, Jan 29, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 29, 2018
  5. rvcjew Win User
    Thanks brink when I get time ill let you know how it goes.

rvcjew, Jan 29, 2018
  6. rvcjew Win User
    It did fix it thanks Brink.

rvcjew, Jan 29, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. You're most welcome. *Party

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar buttons using small and large size at same time. - Similar Threads - Taskbar buttons using

2. Icons get weird when "use small taskbar buttons" is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons get weird when "use small taskbar buttons" is on: Whenever i activate the "use small taskbar buttons" option some of the icons get weird, any idea of why this happens?Already tried restarting the taskbar, don't know what else to do.with option off:with option on:...
  3. Icons get weird when "use small taskbar buttons" is on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons get weird when "use small taskbar buttons" is on: Whenever i activate the "use small taskbar buttons" option some of the icons get weird, any idea of why this happens?Already tried restarting the taskbar, don't know what else to do.with option off:with option on:...
  4. How to make the taskbar smaller? (Already using small taskbar buttons)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make the taskbar smaller? (Already using small taskbar buttons): thanks! submitted by /u/Frankie4Fingarz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhqdc8/how_to_make_the_taskbar_smaller_already_using/
  5. Secondary taskbar buttons are small

Secondary taskbar buttons are small: Hi everyone, I've recently tried with a secondary taskbar but on the secondary taskbar the buttons are small. I've looked a bit through settings but cannot find anything to change it. There is a setting to change between large and small buttons on primary taskbar ie the large...
  6. Quick Launch taskbar: small is too small, large is too large

Quick Launch taskbar: small is too small, large is too large: I am quite reluctantly forced to move down to the unfriendly UI of Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have enabled the Quick Launch toolbar, and have added the shortcuts I normally use there. The trouble is, the size of the icons is not consistent with the rest of the taskbar....
  7. Taskbar/small buttons keeps date in time

Taskbar/small buttons keeps date in time: According to other devices if small buttons are set for taskbar, date is omitted in calendar system tray component. [ATTACH] What is the problem here?...
  8. Taskbar Button Sizes Broken

Taskbar Button Sizes Broken: Hi guys, I finally took the plunge and upgraded. Needless to say, I was afraid I'd be disappointed and for the most part, I am. Among the many issues, one specifically I'm confused about is the taskbar button size. In earlier versions of Windows, I was able to make the...
  9. Taskbar buttons sizing

Taskbar buttons sizing: I seem to have my taskbar buttons at the large setting, but they would suit me better if they were 50% larger. On my screen they are about 6mm, less than 1/4". I can adjust the desktop icons easily enough. There is plenty of room on the left side of my 27" 2560X1440 monitor...
  10. Use Large or Small Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Large or Small Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10: How to: Use Large or Small Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10 How to Use Large or Small Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...