Windows 10: Taskbar: Can't right click app icons & can't left click system icons

Discus and support Taskbar: Can't right click app icons & can't left click system icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, After doing a lot of tweaking, I've came across a very weird problem at taskbar. When I right click pinned apps on taskbar nothing happens.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gezginrocker, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Taskbar: Can't right click app icons & can't left click system icons

Hi,

After doing a lot of tweaking, I've came across a very weird problem at taskbar.

When I right click pinned apps on taskbar nothing happens. But left click works.

When I left click system icons like volume and network, nothing happens. But right click works.

Does anyone have any idea about how to solve this weird problem?

Thanks

:)

gezginrocker, Jul 5, 2016
  2. DEKE12 Win User

can't right-click icons in taskbar

I've tried everything you suggested, and none have corrected or altered the problem.

Want to mention again that ALL attempts to restore have failed with the same error (see my first reply)

DEKE12, Jul 5, 2016
  3. DEKE12 Win User
    can't right-click icons in taskbar

Start Menu

Publisher details

Issues found

Required applications are not installed correctly.

"Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctly.

Not fixed

Install the applications

Completed

Potential issues that were checked

Permission issues with registry keys

The current user needs to have permissions to access the following registry key: HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeviceAccess\Global

Issue not present

Tile database is corrupt.

Issue not present

Application manifest is corrupt.

Issue not present

Issues found

Detection details

Not fixed

"Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctly.

Install the applications

Completed

Installing the applications might fix the Start menu problems.

Potential issues that were checked

Detection details

Issue not present

The current user needs to have permissions to access the following registry key: HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeviceAccess\Global

Issue not present

Issue not present

Detection details

Collection information

Computer Name:
    3340S

Windows Version:

Architecture:

x64

Time:

Monday, November 27, 2017 4:03:02 PM

Publisher details

Start Menu

Find and fix problems with the Start menu.

Package Version:

Publisher:

Microsoft Corporation

Windows PowerShell

Copyright (C) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

No component store corruption detected.

The operation completed successfully.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

[==========================100.0%==========================] The component store is repairable.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.

DEKE12, Jul 5, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Taskbar: Can't right click app icons & can't left click system icons

I am guessing that whatever tweaking you did, caused the behavior that you are having. Try rolling back the system with a System Restore, before you started to mess around with the OS.

bro67, Jul 5, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar: Can't right click app icons & can't left click system icons

1. Taskbar: Can't right click app icons & can't left click system icons - Similar Threads - Taskbar Can't right

2. Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop: Hi,I've upgrade one of our employee's computer from win 10 to win 11 last week. At first, everything worked fine but after a few days, all the taskbar icons are gone. The system tray icons still working, the taskbar line still there too, but the icons include window icon all...
  3. Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop: Hi,I've upgrade one of our employee's computer from win 10 to win 11 last week. At first, everything worked fine but after a few days, all the taskbar icons are gone. The system tray icons still working, the taskbar line still there too, but the icons include window icon all...
  4. Can't click some of the icons in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click some of the icons in the taskbar: Hi,Good Day! I would like to ask why I can't click some of the icons in the taskbar such as wi-fi, battery, action center, volume mixer, the start bar or search anything. It happens after the last update. I already tried to revert the update but the issue still occurs. Also,...
  5. Taskbar actions no longer working : Right click on programs, left click on system icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar actions no longer working : Right click on programs, left click on system icons: When i :- left click on system icons sound, wifi, calendar, action center- right click on taskbar programsIt displays the loading circle for a second then fails to show anything. Opposite clicks work. Possibly started after a faulty ram provoked a blue screen. I'm hoping a...
  6. Can't click on icons and right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on icons and right click: I had my whole PC full and games started to lag I did a reset I starting downloading chrome and steam and suddenly I couldn't click on my desktop I don't know what happend I tried restarting windows explorer and doing other things submitted by /u/Deluxxxe5719 [link]...
  7. Can't right-click taskbar icons or left-click notification area icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't right-click taskbar icons or left-click notification area icons: I have a Surface Laptop 1st gen. Backstory: my keyboard and touchpad stopped working, and to fix that I had to install the driver/firmware package provided by Microsoft for the Surface laptop. Now my keyboard and touchpad work, but I'm having this other strange problem. I...
  8. Audio Icon can't be clicked(left/right)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Icon can't be clicked(left/right): Hello, I am on Win 10, 1803(Ver) on 64bit OS ,x64 processor. I have Conexant SmartAudio Audio driver installed for microphone and speaker. I can't seem to click the Speaker icon in the task bar, right or left. I noticed this issue when I couldn't set "Hey Cortana". I have...
  9. Can't right click taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't right click taskbar icons: I can't right click taskbar apps, left click works as it should but not the right click. Also left clicking start button won't open start menu, right click works on this one as it works on other system icons (volume, network, clock and notification) but not the left click....
  10. Can't left click on systemtray icons and windows icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't left click on systemtray icons and windows icon: Hello, after a day using windows 10 I can't click any icons on the system tray and I can't click the windows button. I can click them with the right mouse button. When I left click on them it gives a short loading cursor and after that it doesn't do anything. 35767