Windows 10: Taskbar clock time frozen

Discus and support Taskbar clock time frozen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This morning, the clock on my system tray stopped updating itself about an hour after I turned on the computer. It is plugged in and has been plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fotyc, Oct 11, 2015.

1. fotyc Win User

Taskbar clock time frozen

This morning, the clock on my system tray stopped updating itself about an hour after I turned on the computer. It is plugged in and has been plugged in for days on end without being carried around the house. If I go into the control panel and look at date/time, the time is right, it just isn't updated on the system tray anymore. I tried modifying the time zone to see if it would redisplay the clock - no. I tried dragging the taskbar around to see if it would refresh the clock - no.

I have not yet rebooted, that might very well fix it at least temporarily - but I thought I'd ask if this is something people have already seen and solved by restarting a service or some such system fix. I googled a bit and read the similar posts retrieved from here, eightforums, sevenforums, and the useless ones from Microsoft that recommend safe mode and DISM for everything...

Interesting tidbit is that if I right-click on the clock and choose Adjust Date/Time, it doesn't do anything. Once it returned a dialog saying something about there being no service associated, but now I can't get that dialog to come back.

Thanks again to everyone here for being consistently smarter than Microsoft...

Samsung laptop, Windows 10, Avast antivirus, Emsisoft Antimalware, Windows Firewall

:)

fotyc, Oct 11, 2015
  2. lacrumb Win User

CLOCK & CALENDAR for WINDOWS 10

Go Settings, Time & language, in upper right Add clicks for different time zones. There you can set up 2 Clocks. They can be either Clock 1 and Clock 2 or what you name them.

If you hover over the time on the Taskbar it will show Clock 1 and Clock 2. If you click to show the calendar

Clock 1 and Clock 2 show under the time

lacrumb, Oct 11, 2015
  3. John No Win User
    Time displays incorrectly with inconsistent variations from correct

Running an hp envy running Windows 10 and since the recent update the clock displayed on my taskbar does not update properly. The time can be correct or as bad as 20 minutes delayed. For instance I had a friend arriving before 7 to pick me up today, he
    knocked on my door and the clock said 6:41pm instead of 6:57pm.

When I click on the clock/date section of the taskbar the box which appears containing the calendar also correctly displays the time. Right now the clock above the calendar displays 9:25 PM and the taskbar clock displays 9:20 PM.

EDIT: I have found that pressing the "Print Screen" button updates the taskbar display.

John No, Oct 11, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Try this:
    Navigate in 'Modern Settings' to the location in the screenshot, turn on 'Set time automatically' (1); if it is on, turn it off, click 'Change' (2) then 'Cancel' (3) then turn (1) back on.

Taskbar clock time frozen [​IMG]

It may also be your CMOS battery.

Edwin, Oct 11, 2015
  5. fotyc Win User
    Well, I couldn't get Modern Settings to open by any of the available ways - nor could I open any of the 'modern' apps such as the calculator. And I could not get the menu to open by left-clicking on the little window - only right click opened so I chose 'restart' and it gave me the blue screen that said 'restarting' but never progressed or showed disk activity, so I ended up using the power button. And now it is fine. So it seems that some essential service died at the time the clock stopped, and it was preventing several of the Windows 10-specific things from working. No idea what that could have been! Thanks, by trying what you suggested I discovered the problem was something more global.

fotyc, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar clock time frozen - Similar Threads - Taskbar clock frozen

2. taskbar frozen

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar frozen: Can anyone here help me with this Windows 10pro issue.A couple of days ago Everytime I start it, it leads me here, desktop with no apps in taskbar. Everything else is frozen. I can't click on anything at all. Whenever I click anywhere mutiple times, It stops responding...
  3. Need Clock Time in Seconds on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Clock Time in Seconds on Taskbar: There used used to be regedit hack that enabled the time on the Taskbar to be shown in seconds. That hack is no longer available,i.e., it does not work. Is there another time setting available that will display time with seconds on the taskbar?...
  4. Need Clock Time in Seconds on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Clock Time in Seconds on Taskbar: There used used to be regedit hack that enabled the time on the Taskbar to be shown in seconds. That hack is no longer available,i.e., it does not work. Is there another time setting available that will display time with seconds on the taskbar?...
  5. TaskBar Frozen

TaskBar Frozen: My Taskbar has been frozen ever since i restarted my network reset once i reset my computer it doesnt work. Everytime i move my mouse over it its a loading icon. i have reset windows explore and its still not working i have also tried running "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  6. Wrong time in taskbar clock only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong time in taskbar clock only: Im running the newest version of windows in the release preview setting of the windows insider program.my problem is that the clock on the taskbar seems to have the wrong time. the date is correct. the time in the system settings is also correct. i tried changing time zone,...
  7. Wrong time in taskbar clock only

Wrong time in taskbar clock only: Im running the newest version of windows in the release preview setting of the windows insider program.my problem is that the clock on the taskbar seems to have the wrong time. the date is correct. the time in the system settings is also correct. i tried changing time zone,...
  8. Clock on taskbar displays the wrong time

Clock on taskbar displays the wrong time: The computer time, date and time zone are all correct in the settings, but the time on the taskbar is stuck permanently at 9:42am https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-on-taskbar-displays-the-wrong-time/e7476f46-c1d6-40d1-92a0-19fb36be03a6
  9. Clock in taskbar is frozen on 12.01am

Clock in taskbar is frozen on 12.01am: Computer clock is showing correct time when I hover cursor over date but not syncing with taskbar display clock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-in-taskbar-is-frozen-on-1201am/808ca15e-0fe9-4bcf-83c9-b60e67eceac9
  10. Taskbar frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar frozen: Win 10 build 1607 after few months without problem, now, taskbar frozen constantly every 30 minutes. Not help scan disk for errors. Every time I must from Task Manager to restart Win Explorer. Why? 71555