Windows 10: Taskbar explorer-link not working

Discus and support Taskbar explorer-link not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have pinned explorer to my taskbar. I have added links to my explorer icon on the taskbar. (Such as Z:\Games\ and Z:\Movies\) But when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Phrosen, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Phrosen Win User

Taskbar explorer-link not working

Hello.

I have pinned explorer to my taskbar.
    I have added links to my explorer icon on the taskbar. (Such as Z:\Games\ and Z:\Movies\)

But when I right-click the explorer icon, then left-click the link nothing happens.
    I can hear that my hdd starts working. (It does that stereotypical hdd-noise.) But nothing happens.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or maybe it's a bug in Win 10?

Thanks in advance. =)

:)

Phrosen, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

File Explorer jump list not working

Hi!

I have not been able to recreate the issue local. But I do remember unpinning the Taskbar file explore earlier then repining it.

So in the start menu the "file explore" link has a jump also. Does it reflect pined and do they work?? If so unpin task bar file explore, then pin the start menu file explore to taskbar. also does internet explore taskbar icon jump links work??

If this does not resolve you I will look at the jump list as it is kind of a context menu. Also I have show recently open items in Jump List or the Taskbar off in settings. I'm also on W10 pro no I have to check W10 Home.

Teddy2016, Jul 30, 2015
  3. File Explorer in Taskbar woun't launch

same problem as described, I unpinned file explore, cannot get it pinned back to taskbar, but file explorer on desktop works fine. Just not as convenient as being on taskbar.

allenrobinette, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Temendor Win User

*bump*
    Just tested it and it seemed to work fine with me. It might be a common bug that others have as well. I have seen people having the same kind of problem in a way that their taskbar and/or stratmenu wont work at all. I suggest doing some heavy research in the internet (like googling any related stuff from past week/since the release of the consumer version)

Temendor, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Phrosen Win User
    I decided to re-install Windows 10 and format C:
    My old Win 10 was an upgrade from Win 7.
    This time I did a fresh install, and now the links work as intended.

Phrosen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar explorer-link not working - Similar Threads - Taskbar explorer link

2. Taskbar + Explorer not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar + Explorer not working.: So, the issue came out of nowhere - i restarted PC yesterday and both Explorer and Taskbar not working now, all i have is blank black bar with ^ on it. I've tried everything suggested on the internet and here. Nothing works from basic "restart Explorer" to PowerShell and...
  3. Taskbar + Explorer not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar + Explorer not working.: So, the issue came out of nowhere - i restarted PC yesterday and both Explorer and Taskbar not working now, all i have is blank black bar with ^ on it. I've tried everything suggested on the internet and here. Nothing works from basic "restart Explorer" to PowerShell and...
  4. Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working

Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working: The Pinned file explorer on the taskbar doesn't work for few days.If I left click the file explorer icon, nothing will happen. If I click again to do anything on the taskbar, the taskbar will just freeze. However, the file explorer can be opened via start menu, desktop icon,...
  5. Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working: The Pinned file explorer on the taskbar doesn't work for few days.If I left click the file explorer icon, nothing will happen. If I click again to do anything on the taskbar, the taskbar will just freeze. However, the file explorer can be opened via start menu, desktop icon,...
  6. Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Taskbar links

Taskbar links: I was using the links on the taskbar for awhile to center it but now i want it back to normal. I tried unlocking the taskbar and moving the links but they still wont move whatever i do nothing happens i just want my apps next to the search icon but the apps wont move what so...
  8. Explorer and taskbar search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer and taskbar search not working: Build 1904.338 When I click into the search bar the cursor doesnt appear, a black box briefly appears above and I cannot type. The same happens in the File Explorer search box. After many frustrating googles and many blind allys I am stuck trying to find out if the search...
  9. Links toolbar on Taskbar

Links toolbar on Taskbar: I deleted all shortcuts on my links toolbar. How can I add new ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-toolbar-on-taskbar/2868487c-9f6a-4ca1-82f1-2e894542f30b
  10. Windows 10 File Explorer Jump List Link In Taskbar Quit Working

Windows 10 File Explorer Jump List Link In Taskbar Quit Working: My File Explorer jump list no longer works properly. When I <Attempt to pin Documents link.png>, the <Documents link is not pinned.png>, although other apps are OK - e.g., pinning <Works with NoteTab.png>. Also, the "Recent" file list does not work in File Explorer. When I...