Windows 10: Taskbar flashing when closing folder

Discus and support Taskbar flashing when closing folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a weird problem with Windows 10. Randomly, when I close a folder, the taskbar flashes for a fraction of a second, allowing in that very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Epsilonn, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Epsilonn Win User

Taskbar flashing when closing folder

Hello, I have a weird problem with Windows 10. Randomly, when I close a folder, the taskbar flashes for a fraction of a second, allowing in that very short time for the wallpaper to be seen. I close the folder, the deskopt refreshes quickly and the taskbar flashes / blinks / flickers for a very very short time and it is very annoying. I restart the computer, all is good but after some time, this issue appears randomly...

It is like a desktop refresh + seing the wallpaper behind for a very short time when I close a folder.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

:)

Epsilonn, Oct 6, 2017

2. Explorer context menu closes itself

When I right-click on files or folders (but not on the explorer window itself), the context menu closes after a few seconds, and the icons on the taskbar flash. It also only happens in the main file browser, and not the sidebar, and seems to happen on
    all file types. I also can't see anything in the Event Viewer. Any help would be great!

FreddyHeppell, Oct 6, 2017
  3. Internet Explorer 11 won't open. Just flashes and closes

You say it "flashes then closes". When this happens, does it still show in the Taskbar like it would if it were opened but minimized?

Bruce Hagen, Oct 6, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Most likely just some housekeeping. Are you using anything to change the Gui appearances or using active backgrounds?

bro67, Oct 7, 2017
  5. Epsilonn Win User
    No, nothing like that. This behaviur just started recently. I have been using 10 for 1 year and a half.

Epsilonn, Oct 7, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Reinstall the OS at this point. Without you giving a list of what you are running, there is not much else to tell you why, other than it could be a number of issues, starting with checking for dust on the motherboard, card slots, hardware properly seated, trying a different monitor and native resolution, etc..

bro67, Oct 7, 2017
  7. Epsilonn Win User
    Thank you for your answer, but after a lot of trial and error I discovered that having NVidia Share process running, the problem was there. After stopping the processs and ultimatelly unticking the NVidia Share from NVidia Experience control panel, the problem went away. So thank you again for your answer, @bro67. Normally, people should start with something small, like stopping processes in task manager to figure out and then take it gradually until the problem is dealt with. Usually processes of newly installed programmes or drivers can couse conflicts. But now the problem is solved so others in my position can learn from this.

Thank you,
    Nick

Epsilonn, Oct 13, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

You do not need NVIDIA Share or the NVIDIA Experience if you do not have a Shield or playing online with others using the NVIDIA Experience. I stopped those processes on my Shield and have seen issues go down with it crashing or causing video issues with it. It is still too new of what NVIDIA is doing and you will see it start to age out without problems as NVIDIA learns.

bro67, Oct 13, 2017
  9. Epsilonn Win User
    Well my problem is solved now and that was the culprit. I did not mention that having the task manager window opened or the device manager on or some other properties panel window opened in the background (opened as in having the windows opened on the desktop), 'with NVIDIA Share On', the problem was not there... weird, the folders were closing just fine with no flash coming from the taskbar. But now I simply unticked the NVIDIA share in the GeForce Experience and that was it, of course, after isolating the problem. But trust me it was an annoying problem, to close any folder in Windows Explorer and notice a flash / blink in the taskbar area...

Epsilonn, Oct 13, 2017
  10. bro67 Win User
    Edit your title to reflect NVIDA Experience and other keywords associated, so that in the title and post, search engines will key in when crawling these forums. Just place the keywords at the bottom.

bro67, Oct 13, 2017
  11. Epsilonn Win User
    I really don't know how to do any of those and I cannot find anything to help me within the interface of the page so how can I edit the title of the thread or place keywords 'at the bottom?'

Epsilonn, Oct 13, 2017
  12. bro67 Win User
    You may have to wait, but there should be a pencil with "Edit Post" next to the Quote at the bottom. In the box when you go to Advanced, you should get title.

bro67, Oct 13, 2017
  13. Epsilonn Win User

Ok I am sorry but there is nothing like that, to let me change the thread title, on my interface. Maybe if one of the moderators could change the title to 'NVIDIA Share causing taskbar flashes when closing folder in Windows 10', it would be great.

Thank you,
    Nick

Epsilonn, Oct 13, 2017
  14. Capulet Win User
    Dude you are a legend. I had this problem before reading this post. formatted 2 times....different approaches.....left out some software.....and so on but never thought that it would be Nvidia. My problem is now solved because of you. I registered to this forum just to say thank you to you.

Capulet, Mar 29, 2018
  15. Epsilonn Win User
    Capulet, I am glad I could help you.

All the best,
    Nick

Epsilonn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar flashing when closing folder - Similar Threads - Taskbar flashing closing

2. Windows flash open and then close

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows flash open and then close: Has this issue been resolved:Windows flash open then vanish in the blink of an eye. It occurs many times an hour. It is very annoying and undermines my trust in the system. How do I stop this malfunction?I have seen this problem discussed before, but the fixes suggested...
  3. Windows flash open and then close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows flash open and then close: Has this issue been resolved:Windows flash open then vanish in the blink of an eye. It occurs many times an hour. It is very annoying and undermines my trust in the system. How do I stop this malfunction?I have seen this problem discussed before, but the fixes suggested...
  4. Windows flash open and then close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar flashing for files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar flashing for files: Whenever I open one of my documents the corresponding application flashes on the Taskbar but there's no error of notification as to why it's flashing. This is annoying and distracting-is there a way to make this stop?I just tried opening one of my files from File Explorer and...
  6. taskbar flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    taskbar flashing: My taskbar has been flashing for 2 days. Had tried running sfc/scannow, cleaned up temporary files, checked the driver update, uninstall it but none worked. Tried dism.exe, not working too. I wonder what's the problem :...
  7. When I type in the taskbar it immediately closes?

in Cortana
    When I type in the taskbar it immediately closes?: Whenever I try to type in the search menu it closes, when I open settings via right clicking on the desktop and clicking display settings, there is a black bar outlining the about section. When I try to open the search, it just refuses to open. It also happens with right...
  8. SETTINGS FLASH BUT CLOSES AFTER

in Windows 10 Customization
    SETTINGS FLASH BUT CLOSES AFTER: Hello, my Settings flash for a few seconds then disappears. I looked it up and forums told me to run a SFC scan so I did but the results said 'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them'. I checked the CBS and the following seem to be...
  9. WHEN OPENING A FILE FOLDER AND CLOSING IT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHEN OPENING A FILE FOLDER AND CLOSING IT: WHEN I OPEN A FILE FOLDER AND THEN SUCCESSIVE FOLDERS CONTAINED WITHIN THE FIRST ONE I FIND THAT IN ORDER TO CLOSE OUT I MUST CLOSE MULTIPLE FOLDERS. I WANT TO MAKE IT SO THAT I CAN CLOSE ONE FOLDER AND BE DONE WITH IT. I AM SEARCHING FOR A SETTING TO FIX THIS ISSUE....
  10. Disable Taskbar flashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Taskbar flashing: Hi TenForums, How can I completely disable the yellow flashing of icons in the TaskBar when an app wants my attention? [img] 67500