Windows 10: Taskbar Freeze after CreatorsUpdate

Discus and support Taskbar Freeze after CreatorsUpdate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did a fresh install of W10 using the MediaCreationTool and I'm having a problem here with my taskbar, its not 100% repro rate but it occurs at least... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rBose, Apr 30, 2017.

1. rBose Win User

Taskbar Freeze after CreatorsUpdate

I did a fresh install of W10 using the MediaCreationTool and I'm having a problem here with my taskbar, its not 100% repro rate but it occurs at least 2-3 times during the day which is annoying.

The taskbar freezes whenever I hover my cursor over any icon, I dont even have enough time to click on that icon because it goes into a 2-4 seconds freeze. The good thing is that it recovers automatically, the bad thing is that it is pissing me off, never had this kind of issue before with W10, well.. at least before CU.

Any idea whats causing this ?

Thank you!

:)

rBose, Apr 30, 2017

2. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when restarting or shutting down

Hello, I need some help with my laptop.

I been having the BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when restarting and shutting down my laptop randomly since i update to Windows 10. But after CreatorsUpdate i can not without forcing it with the on/of button. It get freeze with the blackscreen for
    2 or 3 minutes and then shows the BSOD.

in this file you could see my 3 last DMP files, a MSinfo32 file and a Speccy report.

I have follow some answers in this forum from others having this problem but nothing works.

hope someone help me.

Thanks

Fernando Zamora Farías, Apr 30, 2017
  3. MSTRTW2CE Win User
    Edge and applications that uses Edge (such as login to account and calendar app) crashes windows.

Seems like the creatorsupdate solved my issue. I can now log in for mail and use my @live account as a useraccount. Even can browse with Edge now without flikkering and crashing.

MSTRTW2CE, Apr 30, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Please create a new test user and see whether the problem is or is not present with the test user.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-in-windows-10

Also run administrative command or powershell command prompt sfc /scannow

If you are using windows 10 version 1607 also run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

If there is no change with the new user account and if sfc has no integrity violations please place into clean boot and see whether the problems are fixed.

How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

Let us know the results of each:
    new user account
    sfc
    dism
    clean boot

zbook, Apr 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Taskbar Freeze after CreatorsUpdate - Similar Threads - Taskbar Freeze CreatorsUpdate

2. Taskbar freezes after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar freezes after system restore: System restore was successful and now my system went back to normal however I noticed that my taskbar freezes and you need to click multiple times on the apps or on the start menu for it to launch. Restarting doesn't help at all. This is Windows 10 Pro PC HP laptop....
  3. Taskbar freezes after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar freezes after system restore: System restore was successful and now my system went back to normal however I noticed that my taskbar freezes and you need to click multiple times on the apps or on the start menu for it to launch. Restarting doesn't help at all. This is Windows 10 Pro PC HP laptop....
  4. Taskbar freezes after system restore

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Freezing: Hi, so just now when I click on the settings app I have opened from Chrome my taskbar would freeze for up to about 10 seconds before switching to the correct app while the rest of my computer worked fine. I should also note clicking the start menu button would also do this....
  6. Taskbar Freezing

Taskbar Freezing: Hi, so just now when I click on the settings app I have opened from Chrome my taskbar would freeze for up to about 10 seconds before switching to the correct app while the rest of my computer worked fine. I should also note clicking the start menu button would also do this....
  7. A freeze Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A freeze Taskbar: My taskbar sometimes freeze and unable to interact with. I was unable to open the "Start" section or doing anything else with the taskbar, also the icon of the mouse turned into loading icon when i point it. After i clicked the taskbar for a while, it started to work normally...
  8. A freeze Taskbar

A freeze Taskbar: My taskbar sometimes freeze and unable to interact with. I was unable to open the "Start" section or doing anything else with the taskbar, also the icon of the mouse turned into loading icon when i point it. After i clicked the taskbar for a while, it started to work normally...
  9. Taskbar freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar freezing: Hi Community,I just restarted my windows 10 pro laptop but since then my taskbar was resized and now I cannot fix it. As seen from the picture it is unlocked but no way to reduce the size. I will appreciate it if you could help me....
  10. Taskbar freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar freezing: Hi Community,I just restarted my windows 10 pro laptop but since then my taskbar was resized and now I cannot fix it. As seen from the picture it is unlocked but no way to reduce the size. I will appreciate it if you could help me....