Windows 10: Taskbar freezes, windows explorer crashes.

Discus and support Taskbar freezes, windows explorer crashes. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need help fixing this! I cant reformat my PC though. 101168 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bright Eyes, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Taskbar freezes, windows explorer crashes.

I need help fixing this! I cant reformat my PC though.

:)

Bright Eyes, Dec 27, 2017
  2. canyon48 Win User

Win 10 - File Explorer Crashes

Just installed Windows 10 and am now having trouble with File Explorer freezing and crashing - - also, when I try to open Network and This PC - all freeze and crash my system

canyon48, Dec 27, 2017
  3. Windows Explorer crashes since most recent Security update

Is anyone else experiencing a distressing uptick in Windows Explorer crashes while doing simple tasks, such as switching folders? Since the latest security update, instead of Windows Explorer crashing every now and then, it now crashes multiple times each
    day, and the taskbar refreshes itself (taskbar items disappear for about thirty seconds, then return) several times an hour. Any thoughts are appreciated.

AbbyManheim, Dec 27, 2017
  4. Taskbar freezes, windows explorer crashes.

Run a system file checker pal.

kingtez1984, Dec 27, 2017
  5. Is your windows fully up to date? If so best to run a Malware scan?

6. Already done. I tried the most basic stuff first,

Bright Eyes, Dec 27, 2017
  7. From my experience its either Malware related or corrupted operating system. So if you have explored all the options then the only real thing would be a full system reset. When did it start to happen? Could possibly run a system restore to beforehand if not too long ago? *Smile

8. AndreTen Win User

Taskbar freezes, windows explorer crashes.

@Bright Eyes

run Reliability history and check what is causing this. You can also look for it in Event viewer, but in reliability history (just click start and type reliability, then click on result) is easier to spot errors.

Post results here (picture and event)

Edit: and fill some of your system data please. Check your video drivers etc

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar freezes, windows explorer crashes.

1. Taskbar freezes, windows explorer crashes. - Similar Threads - Taskbar freezes explorer

2. File Explorer crashes and freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes and freezes: For some reason, I clicked on the gallery icon at the top under the home icon, and then it asked me for something that I don't know what it was, but it needed administrator access. After that, I can't open any files at all. The files on the desktop are opening, even the...
  3. File Explorer crashes and freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer crashes and freezes: For some reason, I clicked on the gallery icon at the top under the home icon, and then it asked me for something that I don't know what it was, but it needed administrator access. After that, I can't open any files at all. The files on the desktop are opening, even the...
  4. Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...: This happens in several computers at my workplace. All computers are 1-3 year old HP desktops all are running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 21H2.The problem: The taskbar becomes unresponsive and freezes - even the clock on the taskbar stops moving. When you click on one of the...
  5. Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...: This happens in several computers at my workplace. All computers are 1-3 year old HP desktops all are running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 21H2.The problem: The taskbar becomes unresponsive and freezes - even the clock on the taskbar stops moving. When you click on one of the...
  6. Taskbar freezes/unresponsive, explorer crashes and restarts. Windows Update drivers might...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Taskbar/Windows Explorer Crashing on Boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar/Windows Explorer Crashing on Boot: I just installed a fresh copy of windows on a new PC. My taskbar/star menu/explorer has been acting very weird... Every time I boot: Taskbar will be blank and the windows button will not work Mousing over the taskbar will show a loading circle After a minute or two, or if...
  8. File explorer freezing and crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer freezing and crashing: My file explorer freezes whenever I try to click on a Microsoft Office file (powerpoint presentations, excel spreadsheets, word docs etc). It eventually crashes and restarts but I can never open office files from file explorer. In order to open files I have to use the open...
  9. Windows Explorer crashes/freezes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crashes/freezes.: Hello, I am experiencing an issue with my Windows 10 version. While using Chrome or Edge or Firefox when trying to use the Save as function Explorer tends to freeze up or crash my desktop. While having Task Manager open the HDD in use/saving to, is pinned at 100% with...
  10. Windows file explorer keeps freezing and crashing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows file explorer keeps freezing and crashing.: Hi. It's been more than one month that I'm having this problems with Windows 10 Enterprise. I don't know what's causing it, but here's whats happening: When some program, game or similar needs to open "open file" and even sometimes "Save file as", the windows from File...