Windows 10: Taskbar Gets In The Way

Discus and support Taskbar Gets In The Way in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to position my cursor arrow at the bottom of the screen in order to scroll left and right so that I can see what I am reading or typing (as now)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by barkerend, Sep 10, 2015.

1. barkerend Win User

Taskbar Gets In The Way

I need to position my cursor arrow at the bottom of the screen in order to scroll left and right so that I can see what I am reading or typing (as now) but the taskbar (which I hope to avoid using) keeps jumping up and getting in the way whenever the arrow is near it. Can I hide the taskbar semi-permanently or move it to a side? Thanks .........

:)

barkerend, Sep 10, 2015

2. Can't access start menu. Cortana gets in the way saying it has problems hearing me. How to fix?

I haven't tried that yet but so far the start menu and everything seem to be working just fine. Maybe it was happening during the time I didn't have any OneDrive folder (between taking it off the hard drive and putting it on the SD card) and now that I actually
    have a OneDrive folder it is working correctly.

But thanks for the help!

Mr. John85, Sep 10, 2015
  3. Can't access start menu. Cortana gets in the way saying it has problems hearing me. How to fix?

Press Control + Shift + Esc

Select the Processes tab

Scroll down then select Windows Explorer

Select it then click Restart

If you see Cortana in the list too, select it then click Restart.

Run the Start menu troubleshooter:

http://aka.ms/diag_StartMenu

Andre Da Costa, Sep 10, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Taskbar Gets In The Way

A simple workaround would be to use the keyboard arrow keys instead of mouse to scroll horizontally.

Another workaround is to move the Taskbar to left or right, screenshot shows a vertical Taskbar at left:

Taskbar Gets In The Way [​IMG]

5. barkerend Win User
    Thanks: I couldn't drag the taskbar to the side (as on earlier Windows versions). Also, hitting the Settings icon does not do anything .......

barkerend, Sep 11, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    Is your taskbar unlocked? If it's locked you can't drag it to the side. Right click Taskbar, select Lock the taskbar to toggle lock / unlock:

You can also change the Taskbar location from Taskbar Properties:

7. barkerend Win User
    Yes, I've now managed to drag it to a side ........... Thanks

barkerend, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar Gets In The Way

1. Taskbar Gets In The Way - Similar Threads - Taskbar Gets

2. My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...: I have Windows 11, version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3447I have tried everything I can find to fix the issue. When I open task manager, there is no apps running except for task manager. Explorer does not show for it to be restarted, even when I 'run new task' and turn explorer on...
  3. My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...: I have Windows 11, version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3447I have tried everything I can find to fix the issue. When I open task manager, there is no apps running except for task manager. Explorer does not show for it to be restarted, even when I 'run new task' and turn explorer on...
  4. Computer randomly freezes for around 5-10 seconds, taskbar will turn black and I get a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly freezes for around 5-10 seconds, taskbar will turn black and I get a...: Hello,So this started occurring recently and I'm just curious as to what's causing it. Sometimes [maybe once every few days or so] my computer will randomly freeze after I open an application or something for about 5-10 seconds, the taskbar will disappear, Discord will close...
  5. Computer randomly freezes for around 5-10 seconds, taskbar will turn black and I get a...

Computer randomly freezes for around 5-10 seconds, taskbar will turn black and I get a...: Hello,So this started occurring recently and I'm just curious as to what's causing it. Sometimes [maybe once every few days or so] my computer will randomly freeze after I open an application or something for about 5-10 seconds, the taskbar will disappear, Discord will close...
  6. Computer randomly freezes for around 5-10 seconds, taskbar will turn black and I get a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My windows Taskbar and back ground apps not working after getting update on 6th April

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows Taskbar and back ground apps not working after getting update on 6th April: HelloYesterday i updated my windows and when the installation finished, my task bar not shows up and its not working, when i click on task bar right click my screen turns black for a second, i can't even open my setting with task manager to uninstall the updates i get file...
  8. My windows Taskbar and back ground apps not working after getting update on 6th April

My windows Taskbar and back ground apps not working after getting update on 6th April: HelloYesterday i updated my windows and when the installation finished, my task bar not shows up and its not working, when i click on task bar right click my screen turns black for a second, i can't even open my setting with task manager to uninstall the updates i get file...
  9. How Do I Get the Outlook Icon in my Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Get the Outlook Icon in my Taskbar?: The Icon for my Outlook has disappeared from my taskbar.I cannot find an up to date way of getting it back on there.Can some one help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-outlook-icon-in-my-taskbar/dd66b6d1-1c36-423a-9633-117eb6fd1314
  10. When I switch to a different desktop, all my taskbar programs get rearranged at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I switch to a different desktop, all my taskbar programs get rearranged at random: This is extremely annoying. I constantly switch between desktops by pressing Ctrl+Windows+ArrowKey, and it makes it so that if I set up an order on my taskbar icons and swap desktops, the order shuffles at random, and sometimes the taskbar icons become invisible. I really...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar gets in the way of screool bar