Taskbar grouping is turned off but some windows still get grouped

Discus and support Taskbar grouping is turned off but some windows still get grouped in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I usually keep my taskbar on the "group when full" setting, but LibreOffice documents still get grouped even tho the taskbar is not full and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by americanu197, Jun 25, 2018.

1. americanu197 Win User

Hello

I usually keep my taskbar on the "group when full" setting, but LibreOffice documents still get grouped even tho the taskbar is not full and even if i turn the setting off altogether.
    Its a real pain when trying to quickly copy information from one document to another.
    Is there another setting or is this specific to the application?

:)

americanu197, Jun 25, 2018
  2. Pawan1709 Win User

regarding windows 10 home group options

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

These may be the below possible reasons of you facing the issue. Please go through the points.

• If a Home group already exists on your network, you'll be asked to join it instead of creating a new one.
    • If your PC belongs to a domain, you can join a home group but you can't create one. You can get to libraries and devices on other home group PCs, but you can't share your own libraries and devices with the home group.
    If both the above scenarios doesn’t imply, then I would suggest you try the below steps.

Steps:

• Switch to an Administrator user account, in case you are not using one.

• Run a Home group Troubleshooter to fix the issue.
    Refer the below steps to run a Home group Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane. Click on
      Home group.

• Click on Advanced on the Home group troubleshooter dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Home group troubleshooter
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Jun 25, 2018
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Show Local users and Groups

Hello Frank, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, then it will not have Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) included in it. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions instead.

If you like, you could use step 3 in OPTION THREE of the tutorial below list users in a group.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option4

Brink, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar grouping is turned off but some windows still get grouped - Similar Threads - Taskbar grouping turned

2. Windows 10 1803 Education and taskbar icon issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1803 Education and taskbar icon issue: I have a strange issue with white icons on the taskbar. I have a default XML file targeted to each machine for tiles and taskbar. Anything within the users appdata\roaming is not copied back to the to the network, this is to keep profiles down and most profiles are under 2 Mb...
  3. Taskbar - Dual Monitors taskbar programs task size are unproportional

Taskbar - Dual Monitors taskbar programs task size are unproportional: Hello there, I have a dual monitor setup with a Surface Pro 4. The size of the program tasks on taskbar for the dual monitors is unproportional compared to the taskbar on my Surface Pro 4. The scaling of the dual monitors is 100% whereas the scaling on the Surface Pro 4 is...
  4. Lost some icons on taskbar and personalization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost some icons on taskbar and personalization: Hi all, I had some issues with some app icons. At this photo, some icons have lost and I had "X" in personalization. [ATTACH] When I opened those apps, there were blank boxes instead of app icons on taskbar. This thing is really annoying, so please help me on this....
  5. Hidden taskbar icons do not display correctly. How do I fix this?

Hidden taskbar icons do not display correctly. How do I fix this?: I'm having a weird issue after the last major update where i cannot access the bottom row of icons in the system tray. this is because the pop out menu of the system tray is being rendered from the bottom of the screen instead of from the top of the taskbar. it is being...
  6. Windows 10 startup menu, taskbar functions, and settings won't open.

Windows 10 startup menu, taskbar functions, and settings won't open.: Hello! My Windows 10's startup menu (windows button also), taskbar functions (wifi, battery, sound, people, search, time, notification buttons, even alt tab, and and probably some other stuff), and settings suddenly wouldn't open. I've tried a lot of solutions that worked...
  7. Taskbar shortcut quick launcher not functional

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar shortcut quick launcher not functional: I'm unable to launch programs/open recent items from the taskbar quick launch feature. Unsure of the features official name but it's just when you right click on an item on the taskbar then right-click an item that shows in the recent list. What I'm seeing is that when I...
  8. Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons

Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons: Hello: When I first upgraded to Windows 10, I started playing around with the taskbar. I found a way to manually "group" the icons I had previously pinned. For example, I could group various Office ions. (E.g., Word; Excel). I recall also having a group for...
  9. Grouped taskbar shortcut icons stopped working...

Grouped taskbar shortcut icons stopped working...: A few days ago I posted a request on how to create spaces between my taskbar icons. I was successfully directed by Edwin (Solved Increase space between a set of taskbar icons? - Windows 10 Forums) to follow this excellent video (2016-04-29_1502 - Ficfel's library). But, not...
  10. Taskbar icons refuse to group

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons refuse to group: Win10 pro 10240 Classic Start Menu Until recently the pinned icons and active programs would combine so that there was only one icon per program. Now the pinned icons and active ones are separate -- and filling up space. I checked the taskbar settings and it is set to...