Windows 10: Taskbar grouping is turned off but some windows still get grouped

Discus and support Taskbar grouping is turned off but some windows still get grouped in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I usually keep my taskbar on the "group when full" setting, but LibreOffice documents still get grouped even tho the taskbar is not full and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by americanu197, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Taskbar grouping is turned off but some windows still get grouped

Hello

I usually keep my taskbar on the "group when full" setting, but LibreOffice documents still get grouped even tho the taskbar is not full and even if i turn the setting off altogether.
    Its a real pain when trying to quickly copy information from one document to another.
    Is there another setting or is this specific to the application?

:)

americanu197, Jun 25, 2018
  2. Pawan1709 Win User

regarding windows 10 home group options

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

These may be the below possible reasons of you facing the issue. Please go through the points.

• If a Home group already exists on your network, you'll be asked to join it instead of creating a new one.
    • If your PC belongs to a domain, you can join a home group but you can't create one. You can get to libraries and devices on other home group PCs, but you can't share your own libraries and devices with the home group.
    If both the above scenarios doesn’t imply, then I would suggest you try the below steps.

Steps:

• Switch to an Administrator user account, in case you are not using one.

• Run a Home group Troubleshooter to fix the issue.
    Refer the below steps to run a Home group Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane. Click on
      Home group.

• Click on Advanced on the Home group troubleshooter dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Home group troubleshooter
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Jun 25, 2018
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Taskbar grouping is turned off but some windows still get grouped

Show Local users and Groups

Hello Frank, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, then it will not have Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) included in it. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions instead.

If you like, you could use step 3 in OPTION THREE of the tutorial below list users in a group.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option4

Brink, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar grouping is turned off but some windows still get grouped

1. Taskbar grouping is turned off but some windows still get grouped - Similar Threads - Taskbar grouping turned

2. RDP is enabled via Group Policy but still shows as turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP is enabled via Group Policy but still shows as turned off: I've configured a GPO that I can confirm is applying to enable RDP on a Windows 10 21H2 LTSC machine with the latest updates as of today. In the old system settings it shows as on but in the new useless Settings under Remote Desktop it shows as 'Off' and 'Some settings are...
  3. RDP is enabled via Group Policy but still shows as turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP is enabled via Group Policy but still shows as turned off: I've configured a GPO that I can confirm is applying to enable RDP on a Windows 10 21H2 LTSC machine with the latest updates as of today. In the old system settings it shows as on but in the new useless Settings under Remote Desktop it shows as 'Off' and 'Some settings are...
  4. RDP is enabled via Group Policy but still shows as turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. windows defender turned off by group policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender turned off by group policy: i have an HP laptop, and when i try enabling Windows Defender, it just doesnt let me... i tried many different solutions that are commonly known, but I’m not able to try a specific one since when i type group policy on start nothing shows up please someone help...
  6. Group icons on the Windows Taskbar with Taskbar groups

in Windows 10 News
    Group icons on the Windows Taskbar with Taskbar groups: Taskbar groups is a new open source program for Microsoft Windows devices to create groups of icons on the taskbar. The main idea of the program is to bundle multiple shortcuts on the taskbar to save space on it. While that may not be required on large resolution systems, it...
  7. window defender turns off by group policy

window defender turns off by group policy: i really want help because i unable to turn on window defender which shows turnoff by group policy plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/window-defender-turns-off-by-group-policy/05d50a9e-c7ec-46ed-9331-5d9b3ecbea67
  8. windows defender turn off by group policy:

windows defender turn off by group policy:: how can I on my windows defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-turn-off-by-group-policy/2491d75a-40f4-48ad-9af2-60106a7cb07b
  9. Defender turned off in group policy

Defender turned off in group policy: defender is currently off and when i try to turn on it says its set off in group policy. I am not sure how this happened but i cant turn it on again. gpedit isnt available on my home version of windows so how did it get turned off in the first place? 66403
  10. Windows defender is "Turned off by Group Policy"

Windows defender is "Turned off by Group Policy": Hey! I am using Windows 10 Pro. When I launch Windows Defender, it tells that this program had been turned off by group policy. I tried to run as administrator and reinstall Windows Defender, but the problem still persists 87057