Windows 10: Taskbar hidden icons are tiny - can I embiggen them?

Discus and support Taskbar hidden icons are tiny - can I embiggen them? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, The icons in the 'Show Hidden Icons' pop up of the taskbar are so tiny (and badly designed, but that's another issue) that they're almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hellopaul, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Hellopaul Win User

Taskbar hidden icons are tiny - can I embiggen them?

Hello,
    The icons in the 'Show Hidden Icons' pop up of the taskbar are so tiny (and badly designed, but that's another issue) that they're almost indecipherable. Is there any way (other than scaling up the whole desktop/display) to enlarge them?

Here's how crazily small they are, with lots of empty space around each icon:

Taskbar hidden icons are tiny - can I embiggen them? [​IMG]

...in context of the whole screen (scaled to 50% to fit here):

Taskbar hidden icons are tiny - can I embiggen them? [​IMG]

It's as if the designers of Windows 10 were all working on 640x480 monitors; I'm hoping to get a 5K monitor soon - and those icons will be microscopic!

Thanks in advance for any help!

~ Paul

:)

Hellopaul, Aug 28, 2018
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Jennifer Bri Win User

Hidden taskbar icons and taskbar icons options in CREATORS UPDATE

Hi Davor,

Taskbar shows us see the programs that we're currently using as well as those that we pinned. It helps us to easily navigate from one program to another. We can update the settings of your taskbar to show it on your desktop. Here's how:

• Press the Windows icon on your keyboard.
    • Click on Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Personalization then go to Taskbar.
    • Check Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode and
      Automatically hide the taskbar in
      tablet mode options. Make sure to turn them off.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your concern.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar hidden icons are tiny - can I embiggen them? - Similar Threads - Taskbar hidden icons

2. Applications open as tiny screens underneath their icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications open as tiny screens underneath their icons on taskbar: On my laptop, I asked for a Norton Live Update. Patch applied, failed, message to reset to restore product. Now the laptop will display only on an external monitor (laptop display gives only a grey screen), and applications when opened show as tiny screens underneath their...
  3. Not all icons are showing in the 'hidden icons' part of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not all icons are showing in the 'hidden icons' part of the taskbar: How can I get all the icons to show? There are some other icons that should be showing but they are not, there is only a solid grey bar to the right....
  4. Can the Explorer status bar icons be hidden?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can the Explorer status bar icons be hidden?: I like the information displayed by the status bar but I don't need these stupid little icons in the corner: [img] Can they be hidden? 79596
  5. Taskbar system/app icons hidden/disappear, icons limited?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar system/app icons hidden/disappear, icons limited?: Very odd behavior for the past several days, would appreciate any input. My taskbar icons, particularly the system icons (Network, Power, Volume) are disappearing/remaining hidden on their own. It's essentially like a carousel, where if I enable an icon in "Settings >...
  6. Taskbar remove hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar remove hidden icons: Dear folks In the snapshot attached if I want how can I remove hidden icons in the task bar ? Thanks [img] 101102
  7. Image icons are replaced how can i change them

in Windows 10 Support
    Image icons are replaced how can i change them: Here is a picture. [img] 38815
  8. Always show hidden icons on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Always show hidden icons on taskbar?: Does anyone know how to customise the behaviour of icons so they always show in the taskbar? [img] 5235
  9. Hidden icons on the taskbar....how to eliminate it...???

in Windows 10 Support
    Hidden icons on the taskbar....how to eliminate it...???: I get that they feel the need to put new stuff in... but this just annoys the crap right outta me. I'm opening programs, and no freakin icon is appearing in my task bar. Please oh please tell me there's a way to eliminate this latest annoyance.... Tanks... 2111
  10. Hidden taskbar Icons - explorer.exe restart required

in Windows 10 Support
    Hidden taskbar Icons - explorer.exe restart required: Hello, I am having issues with multiple computers. After upgrading to windows 10, task bar application icons randomly disappear when opening multiple files. The main application which disappears is excel 2010. Not all of the open files disappear, just some of them. I...