Windows 10: Taskbar icon discriptions

Discus and support Taskbar icon discriptions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I inadvertently clicked on something that added descriptions to the icons in my taskbar. How can I find the screen to reverse this annoyance? Thanks in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Captain Softie, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Taskbar icon discriptions

I inadvertently clicked on something that added descriptions to the icons in my taskbar. How can I find the screen to reverse this annoyance? Thanks in advance!

:)

Captain Softie, Feb 21, 2016

2. Auto hide taskbar is NOT working!

I had this issue with the taskbar not auto hiding, i ran the cmd wind and command mentioned.

It fixed the taskbar about 90% of the time, every now and then the taskbar still gets stuck, logging out and into my account seems to fix it.

I've tried reseting the {autohide} to on and off a few times only to see it auto hide itself, then immediately pop back up and stick. ( had no effect )

Under win7pro i cant ever remember having an issue with autohide, it always worked as expected, win10... i'm guessing some of the scripting or code needs rewriting.

I also notice on the statusbar the task view & notification icons seem to be a little odd when interacting with the mouseover.

Hovering the mouse over and moving it slightly cause the text overlay to show & hide repeatedly so quickly it's hard to read.. i have to position my mouse just right on the icon for the text discription to show up and stay.

It seems there are a few timing issues with the new startmenu & live tiles & a couple icons.

Hot-Rod411, Feb 21, 2016
  3. Store app do not have app description for every app in N8, Please fix it!!!

yes you are right for many apps there is no discription

raushankumar27, Feb 21, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Taskbar icon discriptions

Hi Captain Softie,

I'm not 100% sure this is what you mean, but perhaps try right-clicking the Taskbar and select properties. Look for the section that says "Taskbar Buttons." Click that and see if changing that selection to "Never Combine, Hide Labels" changes anything. (I was unclear if all of your taskbar icons are showing text or just the actives ones)

Taskbar icon discriptions [​IMG]

Thema:

Taskbar icon discriptions

1. Taskbar icon discriptions - Similar Threads - Taskbar icon discriptions

2. taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar icons: I have my icons looks like white folder in my taskbar. When I click those icons it will open the app but sometimes I will misclick the app that I need since it is all the same white folder. I need to get my icon image back....
  3. taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar icons: I have my icons looks like white folder in my taskbar. When I click those icons it will open the app but sometimes I will misclick the app that I need since it is all the same white folder. I need to get my icon image back....
  4. Taskbar Icons

Taskbar Icons: I want to change the Taskbar icons of the Microsoft shop, Mail, Onenote for win 10 and The explorer.I couldnt change them on the taskbar but its working on the desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons/4e6d18df-eb34-4ab3-b06b-f6179afb365c
  5. Taskbar icon

Taskbar icon: The meet now icon is not visible either on my taskbar or in my taskbar settings. What can I do to make the icon appear on the taskbar?PS: I am on the latest 21H2 update of Windows 10...
  6. Taskbar Icons

Taskbar Icons: Hi, I changed my taskbar icons and now I don't know how to get them back by default.Can someone help me?Now my apps like that: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons/df5a80e0-1906-40f4-91b6-c59956fb8e30
  7. No taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No taskbar icons: Window task bar icons were not visible after window update installation. After which i restarted my Dell Inspiron laptop with safe mode. ( Task manager>files>msconfig.exe) After which window restarted in safe mode and i am unable to login with my pin password or account...
  8. taskbar icons

taskbar icons: How do I make the icons on the taskbar LARGE in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons/49d66daa-547e-4bc8-b41d-6b6469340fe5
  9. Taskbar icons

Taskbar icons: after the latest windows 10 update my power icon has greyed out, my sound icon no longer responds and my eject icon has disappeared from the taskbar. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons/4407b212-f0bb-4b50-a854-1bd57a753a8a
  10. Taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icon: How do I get rid of this? [img] 77636