Windows 10: Taskbar icon missing for mail and other apps.

Discus and support Taskbar icon missing for mail and other apps. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This is the mail icon on the taskbar. I also had this happen last installation to Groove music. Nothing I did resolved it. How do I fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GMR516, Jul 9, 2018.

1. GMR516 Win User

Taskbar icon missing for mail and other apps.

Taskbar icon missing for mail and other apps. b29350f4-9102-468b-bddf-eb55dc28e045?upload=true.png
    This is the mail icon on the taskbar.

I also had this happen last installation to Groove music. Nothing I did resolved it.

How do I fix it?

:)

GMR516, Jul 9, 2018
  2. noten Win User

Missing Taskbar Icons

I'm having the same problem with 'Metro' icons. They don't show in the taskbar and they don't show within other apps. Shortcuts just show the generic page icon. The only place app icons show is in the start menu and those are really tiles.

Here's an example of what I'm dealing with:

Taskbar icon missing for mail and other apps. [​IMG]

I have tried scf (sfc?) scan and dsim, no luck. Have also tried everything mentioned in this thread. Nothing.

One suggestion that offered some promise was to look at the icon files to see if they look alright but didn't suggest anything beyond that. I browsed to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6310.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\images and found some icon files that seemed ok but then a bunch that appeared blank:

Taskbar icon missing for mail and other apps. [​IMG]

Any thoughts?

noten, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar icon missing for mail and other apps. - Similar Threads - Taskbar icon missing

2. App Icons missing in Taskbar on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Icons missing in Taskbar on Windows 11: Annoying issue when program logos aren't seen in windows 11 taskbar, tried restart and all suggestions, this issue resurfaces with regularity. bing search results should pull up something fresh and relevant to solve this issue .NET family!! * Moved from Insider...
  3. Missing icons in taskbar, no other fixes have solved it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing icons in taskbar, no other fixes have solved it: I've seen this question asked numerous times on here through multiple searches and I still cannot fix the problem.The computer is at 100% disk usage the moment it starts up, so I was trying to clean out the computer. I went to storage and cleared out a bunch of temporary...
  4. Missing icons in taskbar, no other fixes have solved it

Missing icons in taskbar, no other fixes have solved it: I've seen this question asked numerous times on here through multiple searches and I still cannot fix the problem.The computer is at 100% disk usage the moment it starts up, so I was trying to clean out the computer. I went to storage and cleared out a bunch of temporary...
  5. Missing icons in taskbar, no other fixes have solved it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. No Mail Icon On Taskbar

No Mail Icon On Taskbar: The Mail icon appears under Apps but not on the taskbar. When I hover where it should be, there is a blank rectangle shaded like other apps that show icons. A popup says it's Mail and clicking it opens the app, but it won't unpin. I downloaded Windows 10 Mail and Calendar...
  7. Mail icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail icon on taskbar: I have Mail app icon on the taskbar. But I cannot see the number of new emails there. I am using WIndows 10 Pro 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-icon-on-taskbar/54897e60-92e8-4ad3-8eb3-3a06904f8bb6
  8. Mail and Calendar app update Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mail and Calendar app update Icons Missing: Both icons in the start menu and upon opening the apps are missing ever since they were modified. How do i undo the update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/mail-and-calendar-app-update-icons-missing/54d481e2-1f51-46eb-b031-704fc0aadbbf
  9. Missing App Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing App Icons on Taskbar: No app icons will appear on the taskbar. They show fine in the Start menu, but are missing on the taskbar. It only includes apps, no installed programs are having this issue. This includes calculator, Edge, Xbox, etc. I tried rebuilding the icon cache from this tutorial, but...
  10. App ICON's missing in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    App ICON's missing in Taskbar: Hello all, I've been running Windows 10 for a year or so now.. I tend to run several (dozens) of applications at the same time, and to manage that, I would hover the mouse over the icons in the task bar to see which running application, I wanted to access. For example,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mail and calendar app missing from task bar