Windows 10: Taskbar Icon Windows not Opening

Discus and support Taskbar Icon Windows not Opening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Heroes of the Internet. I need your help. I run Windows 10 on my pc. Suddenly, when using my computer, I was unable to get minimized windows to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BethanyD1, Jul 13, 2018.

1. BethanyD1 Win User

Taskbar Icon Windows not Opening

Hello Heroes of the Internet.

I need your help.

I run Windows 10 on my pc. Suddenly, when using my computer, I was unable to get minimized windows to re-open. However, I was still able to see the preview of the page. I tried task manager, but anything I brought up would show the icon in the taskbar and would not even initially open the window of the application. I tried shutting down, restarting and the problem persists. I can use Windows + x to get to a few key areas, but that's about it. I am out of my depth on even where to start. Any and all advice would be extremely appreciated.

:)

BethanyD1, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 13, 2018
  3. NIGHTMARE icon in windows taskbar

Ok ... this is really an annoying thingy in Windows Vista that till today. My top wish list is to solve this !!! *Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:

See attached pic ... for eg. open My Computer ... icon is of course as shown - the My Computer default Vista icon ... after you browse? *swoosh* kind of black magic ... it changes to that icon with the green arrow ... browsing back to My Computer it remains like that ... with the green arrow!!!

This happens to any and all folders ! ... When you load it ... it comes up with the default folder ... after exporing through folder it changes ... and remains like that.

For info : have tried a fresh installation of Vista to make sure that no bug got in. So must be some DAMN Vista settings

Thanks mates ... hope you enjoy this puzzle !

ragingspeed, Jul 13, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Help!, windows taskbar disapeared!!!

Try Ctrl+Esc.

If Recycle Bin is the only icon you can see, open it, from the explorer window navigate to Control Panel and find Taskbar settings there.

btarunr, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar Icon Windows not Opening - Similar Threads - Taskbar Icon Opening

2. Taskbar missing open application icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar missing open application icons.: Hi,I have a windows 11 23H2with multiply displays. I have quite frequent issue, that icons in taskbar are missing from open applications. Check picture below.It is quite annoying, as I have to click on it to see what app it is or I am looking for. I believe I had same issue...
  3. Taskbar missing open application icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar missing open application icons.: Hi,I have a windows 11 23H2with multiply displays. I have quite frequent issue, that icons in taskbar are missing from open applications. Check picture below.It is quite annoying, as I have to click on it to see what app it is or I am looking for. I believe I had same issue...
  4. Double Click to open Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double Click to open Taskbar icons: The subject says it all. I am used to double clicking everything and want to do the same on Taskbar icons. I tried switching to single-click on everything, but File Explorer underlines every file and folder when you choose single click., which I don't like, so back to double...
  5. Double Click to open Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double Click to open Taskbar icons: The subject says it all. I am used to double clicking everything and want to do the same on Taskbar icons. I tried switching to single-click on everything, but File Explorer underlines every file and folder when you choose single click., which I don't like, so back to double...
  6. Windows 10 Taskbar not opening icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar not opening icons: The system: Windows 10 Home edition Version 2004 Build 19041.329 The problem: The Action Centre, Date/Calendar, Speakers and Internet Access icons have stopped working. Or at least will not open. This has happened in the past 10 days or so before which everything was...
  7. Taskbar program icons not opening to on screen windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar program icons not opening to on screen windows: I have a problem with the taskbar. If I have some files open, for example a couple of Word documents, or maybe several outlook emails I can hover over the taskbar program icon and it will show me a preview of the open files or emails. As I understand things I should be able...
  8. open program icons in taskbar

open program icons in taskbar: Windows has always let me toggle between open windows by either clicking on the item in the taskbar or on the window itself (for example, when I'm going back and forth between Excel and Chrome). But now the Chrome button is the only icon that brings its window to the...
  9. Force opened windows to open to the right of pinned taskbar icons?

Force opened windows to open to the right of pinned taskbar icons?: Hi All, Recently took the plunge and downloaded Windows 10. I'm still in the process of tweaking it to my liking and there are a few things that are driving me nuts and I don't know how (or if) I can fix them. The main problem that is irritating me right now relates...
  10. Open Context Menu for Taskbar Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Context Menu for Taskbar Icons in Windows 10: How to: Open Context Menu for Taskbar Icons in Windows 10 [img] Information A context menu is a menu in a graphical user interface (GUI) that appears when you right-click on an item in Windows. A context menu offers a limited set of choices that vary depending on the item...