Windows 10: Taskbar icon

Discus and support Taskbar icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I get rid of this? [img] 77636 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Clint, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Clint Win User

Taskbar icon

How do I get rid of this?

Taskbar icon [​IMG]

:)

Clint, Feb 18, 2017

2. Icons in taskbar disappeared; pinning same icon in taskbar now shows "icon (2)"

ok, maybe I'm not describing my problem correctly.

As far as I know, I have only one taskbar active.

I right click on an app & select 'pin to taskbar', it appears in the taskbar as 'Icon'.

I right click on the same app & select 'pin to taskbar', it appears in the taskbar as 'Icon(2)'.

Now I have two icons of the same app (Icon & Icon(2)).

In my situation, the first 'Icon' disappeared somehow & only 'Icon(2)' is visible.

I then unpin 'Icon(2)' from the taskbar.

I then right click on the same app & select 'pin to taskbar', BUT instead on 'Icon' appearing in the taskbar, 'Icon(2)' appears! This leads me to believe that 'Icon' is still pinned to the taskbar BUT not VISIBLE.

The question is how do I correct this?

Dionicio JrPascual, Feb 18, 2017
  3. Pin to taskbar

Just drag that icon from desktop to taskbar. It will pin it to taskbar by creating an icon on taskbar.

E for Excel, Feb 18, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Taskbar icon

Berton, Feb 18, 2017
  5. Looks like you have Windows Essentials install and that looks like the icon for "Messenger".

If you hover you mouse over it or click it what opens.

Windows Essentials is no longer being supported and you may notice over time connection issues with different mail services. I saw the Windows Live mail icon in upper right.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ows-essentials

Caledon Ken, Feb 18, 2017
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You have your taskbar unlocked, just drag the desktop toolbar only till you see the word desktop, then lock the taskbar by right clicking it and select lock taskbar.

Orrrrrrr....
    You can do like me.
    With only the word Desktop showing, I move the shortcuts icons around, until I get the one I want showing(in my case Recycle Bin) is at the VERY top.
    Then while the taskbar is still unlocked I drag until the Bin is showing, and right click right next to it, without touching it or it's icon square(room it's actually given)and select View>>Large Icons.
    Then turn off Title & Text.
    Lock your toolbar.

Taskbar icon [​IMG]

You may have to adjust it a couple of times after booting, or restarting for the setting to "stick"
    , but it's worth it. Now I have just the working Recycle Bin on the taskbar, I have created folders to group my 3rd party software and Windows shortcuts, and can basically browse my entire PC from the taskbar.

Taskbar icon [​IMG]

Cliff S, Feb 18, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    Set the Toolbar and leave it. Don't unlock the Taskbar and drag it around.

Or...
    create a blank shortcut in the folder with a name that keeps it at the top of the folder hierarchy.

Edwin, Feb 19, 2017
  8. Clint Win User

Taskbar icon

I have the task bar locked.
    When I click on the icon, it takes me to explorer, where there is a folder named Carolyn.
    The folder is also under users, which should be there.
    When I try to delete the icon or the folder, I get the message below and the folder or icon stays.

Taskbar icon [​IMG]

Taskbar icon [​IMG]

Taskbar icon [​IMG]

Clint, Feb 19, 2017
  9. Edwin New Member
    @Clint
    Exit the Desktop Toolbar, then reset it without unlocking the Taskbar at all.

EDIT:
    If you are choosing the pre-defined 'Desktop' Toolbar, that includes the User Desktop plus whatever is on the virtual desktop;
    if you only want the virtual desktop, choose it from the navigation pane as a 'New Toolbar'.

Edwin, Feb 19, 2017
  10. Clint Win User
    How do you reset the toolbar?

Clint, Feb 19, 2017
  11. Edwin New Member
    Uncheck it, then go again and re-check it.

Taskbar icon [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 19, 2017
  12. Clint Win User
    OK,That fixed it. Thanks Edwin. I guess my wife let the mouse slip

Clint, Feb 19, 2017
  13. Clint Win User

Taskbar icon

Thanks to everyone that replied.

Clint, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar icon

1. Taskbar icon - Similar Threads - Taskbar icon

2. how to change app icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change app icons on taskbar: So i have changed my application icons on my desktop, how can i apply those to my icons on my taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-app-icons-on-taskbar/b04d5cfc-7080-4a2f-8e0b-d18c6ba6bf77
  3. How can I change the Steam Icon in my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change the Steam Icon in my taskbar?: I've tried everything I could think of, I made shortcuts for the steam client and changed the icon but every time I open steam it shows as the default icon in the taskbar. This is what it looks like https://imgur.com/7WuU5Go submitted by /u/ItzYaBoyPeanutz [link]...
  4. Toolbar Icons not Taskbar Icons disappear for Microsoft Apps

Toolbar Icons not Taskbar Icons disappear for Microsoft Apps: This is probably the way that it is, so nothing can be done. I use a single Toolbar for certain Apps. Both Microsoft and 3rd Party. I copy the shortcuts from: Explorer Shell:AppsFolder into the Toolbar folder. I rename those copied shortcuts. The Icons shortcuts...
  5. I accidentally removed all my icons from my taskbar.

I accidentally removed all my icons from my taskbar.: So I was using Microsoft Edge to test an HTML5 game since it lagged Vivaldi. Then I noticed that when I clicked on Edge, it created a separate icon. I tried to change that by fixing the icon, which caused all the programs in my taskbar to disappear. Can somebody help me undo...
  6. Taskbar Hidden icons, show wrong icons sometimes

Taskbar Hidden icons, show wrong icons sometimes: Hello everyone i have problem with hidden icons on taskbar, when im start my PC all good the problem happend, when im close/exit the app and back later or Immediate so its show wrong icon. most time the icon of windows defender or mic icon. so if has some solution for the...
  7. What's this? This rectangle shows up everytime I click on the battery icon in the taskbar....

What's this? This rectangle shows up everytime I click on the battery icon in the taskbar....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hempbiscuit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lqfdzm/whats_this_this_rectangle_shows_up_everytime_i/
  8. How to automatically move open window icons to the left on the taskbar?

How to automatically move open window icons to the left on the taskbar?: This is what my taskbar looks like now. But I want to make it look like this instead. The second screenshot makes it easier for me to use keybindings. In the first image, I have to press Win+3 to focus Spotify, but only Win+2 in the second. More intuitive. submitted by...
  9. lost pictures of icons on my taskbar

lost pictures of icons on my taskbar: Hi, I'm user of Windows 10 and I accidentally deleted small pictures of my icons on taskbar. I don't know how to return them, so, can anybody help me? Thanks...
  10. Stuck on desktop, no icons, no taskbar, can’t open anything, can’t reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on desktop, no icons, no taskbar, can’t open anything, can’t reset: Hi, Something very strange happened to a new computer yesterday. I logged on, booted up a game, and it froze. I shut it down and haven’t been able to get it running since. System repair failed, cannot restore, cannot reset, cannot refresh. Boot up is very slow compared to...