Windows 10: Taskbar icon

Discus and support Taskbar icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I get rid of this? [img] 77636 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Clint, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Clint Win User

Taskbar icon

How do I get rid of this?

Taskbar icon [​IMG]

:)

Clint, Feb 18, 2017

2. Icons in taskbar disappeared; pinning same icon in taskbar now shows "icon (2)"

ok, maybe I'm not describing my problem correctly.

As far as I know, I have only one taskbar active.

I right click on an app & select 'pin to taskbar', it appears in the taskbar as 'Icon'.

I right click on the same app & select 'pin to taskbar', it appears in the taskbar as 'Icon(2)'.

Now I have two icons of the same app (Icon & Icon(2)).

In my situation, the first 'Icon' disappeared somehow & only 'Icon(2)' is visible.

I then unpin 'Icon(2)' from the taskbar.

I then right click on the same app & select 'pin to taskbar', BUT instead on 'Icon' appearing in the taskbar, 'Icon(2)' appears! This leads me to believe that 'Icon' is still pinned to the taskbar BUT not VISIBLE.

The question is how do I correct this?

Dionicio JrPascual, Feb 18, 2017
  3. Pin to taskbar

Just drag that icon from desktop to taskbar. It will pin it to taskbar by creating an icon on taskbar.

E for Excel, Feb 18, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Taskbar icon

Berton, Feb 18, 2017
  5. Looks like you have Windows Essentials install and that looks like the icon for "Messenger".

If you hover you mouse over it or click it what opens.

Windows Essentials is no longer being supported and you may notice over time connection issues with different mail services. I saw the Windows Live mail icon in upper right.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ows-essentials

Caledon Ken, Feb 18, 2017
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You have your taskbar unlocked, just drag the desktop toolbar only till you see the word desktop, then lock the taskbar by right clicking it and select lock taskbar.

Orrrrrrr....
    You can do like me.
    With only the word Desktop showing, I move the shortcuts icons around, until I get the one I want showing(in my case Recycle Bin) is at the VERY top.
    Then while the taskbar is still unlocked I drag until the Bin is showing, and right click right next to it, without touching it or it's icon square(room it's actually given)and select View>>Large Icons.
    Then turn off Title & Text.
    Lock your toolbar.

Taskbar icon [​IMG]

You may have to adjust it a couple of times after booting, or restarting for the setting to "stick"
    , but it's worth it. Now I have just the working Recycle Bin on the taskbar, I have created folders to group my 3rd party software and Windows shortcuts, and can basically browse my entire PC from the taskbar.

Taskbar icon [​IMG]

Cliff S, Feb 18, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    Set the Toolbar and leave it. Don't unlock the Taskbar and drag it around.

Or...
    create a blank shortcut in the folder with a name that keeps it at the top of the folder hierarchy.

Edwin, Feb 19, 2017
  8. Clint Win User

Taskbar icon

I have the task bar locked.
    When I click on the icon, it takes me to explorer, where there is a folder named Carolyn.
    The folder is also under users, which should be there.
    When I try to delete the icon or the folder, I get the message below and the folder or icon stays.

Taskbar icon [​IMG]

Taskbar icon [​IMG]

Taskbar icon [​IMG]

Clint, Feb 19, 2017
  9. Edwin New Member
    @Clint
    Exit the Desktop Toolbar, then reset it without unlocking the Taskbar at all.

EDIT:
    If you are choosing the pre-defined 'Desktop' Toolbar, that includes the User Desktop plus whatever is on the virtual desktop;
    if you only want the virtual desktop, choose it from the navigation pane as a 'New Toolbar'.

Edwin, Feb 19, 2017
  10. Clint Win User
    How do you reset the toolbar?

Clint, Feb 19, 2017
  11. Edwin New Member
    Uncheck it, then go again and re-check it.

Taskbar icon [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 19, 2017
  12. Clint Win User
    OK,That fixed it. Thanks Edwin. I guess my wife let the mouse slip

Clint, Feb 19, 2017
  13. Clint Win User

Taskbar icon

Thanks to everyone that replied.

Clint, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar icon

1. Taskbar icon - Similar Threads - Taskbar icon

2. Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep: Some or All icons in the taskbar disappear after waking PC from Sleep, or when the screen of the laptop was put down and was turned back up.This happens in more than 1 PC I own. And this happens in both laptop and desktop, and with OEM and Retail version of Windows 11.How to...
  3. Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep: Some or All icons in the taskbar disappear after waking PC from Sleep, or when the screen of the laptop was put down and was turned back up.This happens in more than 1 PC I own. And this happens in both laptop and desktop, and with OEM and Retail version of Windows 11.How to...
  4. How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?: This icon appeared after I replaced my motherboard 3 weeks ago. Never seen such icon before. No idea how to remove it. I think I have some sort of pathological minimalism or OCD and it's really bothersome....
  5. How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?

How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?: This icon appeared after I replaced my motherboard 3 weeks ago. Never seen such icon before. No idea how to remove it. I think I have some sort of pathological minimalism or OCD and it's really bothersome....
  6. How can I remove the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon from my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening: How I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-icons-not-showing-taskbar-icon-task/7a413e75-c163-46e5-aa97-47532eb56fbc
  8. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening: How I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-icons-not-showing-taskbar-icon-task/7a413e75-c163-46e5-aa97-47532eb56fbc
  9. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. How do I bring my taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I bring my taskbar icons?: So I have been swapping USB drives from computer to computer today and the computer I was using to make bootable ISO images for my Toshiba laptop for a project and all the sudden my computer turned off and went blank for 30 minutes and then I started to show the Acer loading...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Taskbar on monitor screen