Windows 10: taskbar icons and dialogue boxes are unreadable in inspiron 15 7559

Discus and support taskbar icons and dialogue boxes are unreadable in inspiron 15 7559 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, I recently bought an laptop inspiron 15 ( 7559) withe the following configuration. processor: 6th gen i7 display: 4k graphics: nvidia gtx 960... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pradeep9293, May 5, 2016.

1. taskbar icons and dialogue boxes are unreadable in inspiron 15 7559

hi,
    I recently bought an laptop inspiron 15 ( 7559) withe the following configuration.
    processor: 6th gen i7
    display: 4k
    graphics: nvidia gtx 960

the problem is the icons and dialogue boxes are very small and impossible to read.
    i am not able to change the sizes. It occors in almost all applications.
    i tried resetting the pc, changing OS but the problem still exist.
    Please do help me find the solution for this issue
    i am attaching snap shots for reference.

taskbar icons and dialogue boxes are unreadable in inspiron 15 7559 [​IMG]

:)

pradeep9293, May 5, 2016

2. Vertical lines upon waking laptop from sleep

Here is your site...

Support für Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559 | Support-Themen und -Artikel | Dell Deutschland

Support for Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559

There are many articles there for your perusal. Here is just one...

Inspiron 7559 displays multiple issues after resuming from sleep | Dell US

Inspiron 7559 displays multiple issues after resuming from sleep

It says to update your BIOS. Its current version can be seen in
    MSInfo32 (ask Cortana).

PCR Just PCR, May 5, 2016
  3. John275 Win User
    Vertical lines upon waking laptop from sleep

Display issues resolved by updating the drivers from the support link

John275, May 5, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

taskbar icons and dialogue boxes are unreadable in inspiron 15 7559

See if this will help...............

Start button > Settings > System > Display tab > right side, under Change size of text, apps and other items., move the slider towards the right side.

davidhk, May 5, 2016
  5. I tried it but it only makes the display size larger.
    nothing changes on the applications.
    size is in the recommended 250%

pradeep9293, May 5, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    OK.
    If you are using a mouse with the wheel at the top........
    Press Ctrl key and hold it > roll the wheel.
    Clockwise is to decrease the text size.
    Counter-clockwise is to increase.

Will that help ?

davidhk, May 5, 2016
  7. hi,
    no it doesn't work. i have tried everything. was on call with technical support team for 4 hours. They did everything but still the problem exist.
    they transferred me to software department of tech support and are asking for 250$ for the fix.
    my laptop is just 40 days old and still in warranty *Sad

pradeep9293, May 5, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Sorry to hear that.
    I am out of ideas.
    Perhaps taking it back to the point of purchase for a refund is in order ?

davidhk, May 5, 2016
  9. i am talking with the customer support now. will update the progress.

pradeep9293, May 5, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    They will just state the same thing that everyone is stating on here. It is because of the large screen real estate you are using, everything is going to appear smaller.

You are going to have to decide what you want. If you want a larger screen, you are going to have to change the display settings to something that will allow you to see that information. If you are playing games, then you are going to have to keep the display settings where they are.

There are third party programs out there that allow you to change the display settings on the fly. So if you are working on documents, you can change it to say 1280x1024. Playing games you can go back to native.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. taskbar icons and dialogue boxes are unreadable in inspiron 15 7559 - Similar Threads - taskbar icons dialogue

2. Frequent overheating and BSOD crashes on my Inspiron 15 7559

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent overheating and BSOD crashes on my Inspiron 15 7559: I got this Dell computer as a study/game computer with impressive specs, i7, GTX 960M GPU, 128GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 4K display, and it works fine until 2020 when it started to overheat and shut down randomly. I opened it up and clean out the dust from the chassis and the fans and...
  3. Frequent overheating and BSOD crashes on my Inspiron 15 7559

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent overheating and BSOD crashes on my Inspiron 15 7559: I got this Dell computer as a study/game computer with impressive specs, i7, GTX 960M GPU, 128GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 4K display, and it works fine until 2020 when it started to overheat and shut down randomly. I opened it up and clean out the dust from the chassis and the fans and...
  4. Frequent overheating and BSOD crashes on my Inspiron 15 7559

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows update is blue screening my dell inspiron 15 7559.

windows update is blue screening my dell inspiron 15 7559.: So, I finally got my laptop up and running after numerous reinstalls of windows 10 pro 64 bit. Windows repaired itself and gave me this message....
  6. windows update is blue screening my dell inspiron 15 7559.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update is blue screening my dell inspiron 15 7559.: So, I finally got my laptop up and running after numerous reinstalls of windows 10 pro 64 bit. Windows repaired itself and gave me this message....
  7. Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559

Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559: Hello everyone. I've recently intalled Ubuntu 20.04 in a HD containing a partition with Windows in aDell Inspiron 15 7559. During the installation, everything went fine, but as soon as the notebook restarted, it keptshowing the following error: PXE-EGP: Media test...
  8. Need Help with Wifi and my Dell Inspiron 15 7559 Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help with Wifi and my Dell Inspiron 15 7559 Laptop: Good morning everyone, This sub has come through for me a couple of times and have been forever thankful...i have one issue that i cannot seem to resolve no matter how much i google, watch youtube videos i cannot get this to work...there might not even be a solution, but i...
  9. i have a dell inspiron 15 7559 it wont go into safe mode with networkn

in Windows 10 Support
    i have a dell inspiron 15 7559 it wont go into safe mode with networkn: windows 10 build 18363.836 157176
  10. How to install UEFI on Dell Inspiron 15 7559

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install UEFI on Dell Inspiron 15 7559: As the title says how exactly do you achieve this? I have an ISO Ran RUFUS 2.6 GPT Partition Scheme for UEFI Fat 32 8192 Default X Quick Format X Create a bootable disk using X Create Extended label and Icon Files so the next part is the Kicker Dell did a number...