Windows 10: Taskbar Icons Disappear at Start-Up or Re-Start

Discus and support Taskbar Icons Disappear at Start-Up or Re-Start in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, The program icons all disappear from the task-bar when I start or restart in Windows 10. But, if I right-click on the task-bar and select: Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tango61, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Tango61 Win User

Taskbar Icons Disappear at Start-Up or Re-Start

Hi,

The program icons all disappear from the task-bar when I start or restart in Windows 10. But, if I right-click on the task-bar and select: Task Manager > Windows Explorer (right-click) > restart, I get all my icons back until my next start-up or restart and then they’re all gone again. How do I fix the start-up process or is it something else?

Thanks in anticipation!

Tim.

:)

Tango61, Apr 27, 2016
  2. PhilipvR Win User

OneDrive

My OneDrive starts up, then the icon disappears from the taskbar and OneDrive becomes inactive. How can I fix this ?

PhilipvR, Apr 27, 2016
  3. KGravesIT Win User
    Taskbar and Start Menu Not Working Properly

My computer went on the fritz this afternoon - no changes where made by me. First I lost access to the notifications area, wouldn't click to open. After a re-start I lost right click on the taskbar, the MS store icon disappeared and won't open, the calculator
    icon disappeared and won't open. The bottom of my start menu looks like this:

Taskbar Icons Disappear at Start-Up or Re-Start [​IMG]

You can also see the blank spots in the taskbar in the image.

I don't know if the tiles/taskbar need to be re-set or what went on, any help will be appreciated.

KGravesIT, Apr 27, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, welcome to the now-you-see-it, now-you don't-mysterious world of Win 10.

That's a new one as far as I've seen. Could you clarify:
    Did you upgrade or clean install Win 10?
    Since you installed Win 10, has this always been so, or was it working ok and then 'broke'?

Meanwhile:
    1. If it was ok, then broke, do you have any relevant system restore points?
    System Restore is peculiarly off by default in Win 10, so you won't unless you turned it on.

Before doing the following you may like to create a disk image (e.g. Macrium reflect (free) - highly recommended here) or a system restore point to make recovery easy.
    2. Does this happen after a clean boot?
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums

3. Download and install Shellexview (free).
    Launch it, hide all MS extensions, disabling all others, and note the 32 bit option in Options which exposes more extensions.
    Do you experience the same symptoms?

dalchina, Apr 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Taskbar Icons Disappear at Start-Up or Re-Start - Similar Threads - Taskbar Icons Disappear

2. Taskbar disappears after start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar disappears after start: It's probably because of a recent update or due to remote system detection done on my device. Nonetheless, is there a fix to make the taskbar menu appear immediately? It's been several days already and my Windows 11 device does not show the taskbar automatically when I start...
  3. Taskbar disappears after start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar disappears after start: It's probably because of a recent update or due to remote system detection done on my device. Nonetheless, is there a fix to make the taskbar menu appear immediately? It's been several days already and my Windows 11 device does not show the taskbar automatically when I start...
  4. Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and taskbar not working on start-up: Hi there,I have a problem with my pc.When i start up windows 10, i can log-in and i get to my desktop, but my start menu and taskbar still need to load in for 5-10 mins. Ive tried resetting the pc, getting a new one and using windows 11 bypass TPM 2.0 and secure boot on...
  5. Start menu does not pop up and taskbar icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Start menu does not pop up and taskbar icons disappeared: Hello My system was ok until I closed the black screen during the installation of recommended driver on the website of dell support. I dont remember the name of the driver but I do know that it had the words Intel and Wifi plus it had a long set of numbers and the file size...
  6. Icons on start menu disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on start menu disappears: Hi! I'm having an issue where some the icons of the programs/apps I have pinned in the start menu disappears. Usually it's the chrome icon missing but it can change and be different ones every time I restart the computer. The icon shows up again after I select properties...
  7. Start menu icons disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons disappear: Some-to-most of my start menu icons keep disappearing. There's still a box there and if I hover over it, it will identify, and I can open the program by clicking on it. But the icon itself is gone. 112866
  8. taskbar and start menu KEEP disappearing.

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar and start menu KEEP disappearing.: I've tried to fix this from sites and advice on the internet, but it keeps happening. I can't find a topic here on this, so I apologize if I'm posting something I shouldn't be. Thanks for any direction you can send me in. Jovin 36693
  9. Start Menu and taskbar icons froze up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and taskbar icons froze up.: Today the start menu and taskbar froze up and refused to open. I had to do a restart using task manager. Working fine now, but are there any ways to resolve this issue without having to restart the computer, in case this happens next time? A bit annoyed that such an issue...
  10. Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons: I have tried doing fresh installs of Windows 10 multiple times but I always face this issue where items in the start menu and/or taskbar jump lists disappear randomly. I am attaching a screenshot for this. This also happens when after I close any game (Eg. Battlefield 4, Tomb...