Windows 10: Taskbar icons not displaying again

Discus and support Taskbar icons not displaying again in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] So, volume and external drives aren't displaying in the taskbar, once again. "Settings" doesn't do anything, and the old control panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Homer Simpson, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Taskbar icons not displaying again

Taskbar icons not displaying again [​IMG]

So, volume and external drives aren't displaying in the taskbar, once again.

"Settings" doesn't do anything, and the old control panel "taskbar" option doesn't work either.

Any solutions other than "Uninstall Windows 10"?

:)

Homer Simpson, Mar 5, 2016
  2. Szyyy Win User

Win 10 wifi connected but wrong notification icon displayed

Same here. After update to 1511 I am connected to wifi but windows is displaying airplane icon.

Edit:

Looks like in action center both network and airplane icon is highlighted at the same time. When disabling both and highlight only wifi, then only wifi icon is displayed on taskbar. But after reboot, again both icon are highlighted in action center but only
    flight icon is displayed on taskbar (but wifi is working).

Szyyy, Mar 5, 2016
  3. BBVR Win User
    Taskbar Icons- Some are normal sized, some are so small as to appear like "dots"

Yes the PuTTY program has a proper large icon when viewing as "Large Icons" in the folder as you describe.

I unpinned PuTTY from the taskbar. When I launched PuTTY the icon appeared the proper size on both taskbars. But when selecting the icon in the taskbar and then selecting "pin to taskbar" the icon immediately shrinks to dot size on the laptop display only.

If I then remove PuTTY from the taskbar and pin it by selecting the icon where it is in the folder, the icon shows up "dot sized" on the laptop display as well.

An additional note-

After I initially unpinned PuTTY from the taskbar, I could not find it again. Cortana came up blank when doing a search for PuTTY. A manual search turned up PuTTY in my downloads folder. Cortana found other items in that folder but not PuTTY. PuTTY is apparently
    invisible to Cortana..

BBVR, Mar 5, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar icons not displaying again

1. Taskbar icons not displaying again - Similar Threads - Taskbar icons displaying

2. taskbar icon display is corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar icon display is corrupted: all the pinned icons look the same what can I do?already tried to restart the computer and re-pin them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-display-is-corrupted/7c92a534-351e-410c-9e2d-58f99fcab403
  3. taskbar icon display is corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar icon display is corrupted: all the pinned icons look the same what can I do?already tried to restart the computer and re-pin them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-display-is-corrupted/7c92a534-351e-410c-9e2d-58f99fcab403
  4. taskbar icon display is corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Display hotkeys for taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display hotkeys for taskbar icons?: Hello! As the title says, is there any way to display the corresponding hotkey on an icon on the taskbar? I'm referring specifically to those next to cortana and task-viewer. For example, when I'm using multiple applications and have to switch between them I sometimes open...
  6. Taskbar icons not displaying properly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons not displaying properly?: [IMG] submitted by /u/DanganKichi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxyfpk/taskbar_icons_not_displaying_properly/
  7. Certain Taskbar icons not displaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain Taskbar icons not displaying: Very recently, my I noticed that my calendar and mail icons were not showing up on the taskbar, even though they were still fully functional. The icons displayed on the search screen or list of apps or microsoft store, just not in the taskbar. If I create a shortcut on my...
  8. Icons not displaying on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons not displaying on the taskbar?: Hi everyone, I've searched everywhere online and cannot find a solution to this anywhere. Basically, it seems like windows has randomly chosen half of my programs to not display an Icon for on the taskbar. It doesn't cause any issues functionality-wise, anytime I click on...
  9. Taskbar setting - Icons to display

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar setting - Icons to display: I installed Chemtable Autorun Organizer, decided I didn't want it and uninstalled it. It the Taskbar settings, Select which items appear in the taskbar, it is still showing not 1, but 2 instances of "AutorunOrganizer.exc Autorun Organizer (performing 1 task(s)". It doesn't...
  10. multiple display -taskbar and icons

in Windows 10 Support
    multiple display -taskbar and icons: This is hopefully a quick fix. I have my laptop hooked up to a projector. My icons appear on the laptop but the taskbar options (volume, notifications, battery etc) appear on the projector. Using the display settings I can swap the screens but I cannot get the icons to...