Windows 10: Taskbar Icons not Highlighted?

Discus and support Taskbar Icons not Highlighted? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi just a quick question and wondered if anyone else has this? My Taskbar Icons don't highlight when in use, I'm used to seeing them highlighted in W7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SoxmisUK, Jan 29, 2016.

1. SoxmisUK Win User

Taskbar Icons not Highlighted?

Hi just a quick question and wondered if anyone else has this? My Taskbar Icons don't highlight when in use, I'm used to seeing them highlighted in W7 and miss that as I often close W10 with something open in the background, like notepad or something..

Is there a way to force them to highlight when open/in use?

Cheers!

:)

SoxmisUK, Jan 29, 2016

2. Icons in taskbar disappeared; pinning same icon in taskbar now shows "icon (2)"

ok, maybe I'm not describing my problem correctly.

As far as I know, I have only one taskbar active.

I right click on an app & select 'pin to taskbar', it appears in the taskbar as 'Icon'.

I right click on the same app & select 'pin to taskbar', it appears in the taskbar as 'Icon(2)'.

Now I have two icons of the same app (Icon & Icon(2)).

In my situation, the first 'Icon' disappeared somehow & only 'Icon(2)' is visible.

I then unpin 'Icon(2)' from the taskbar.

I then right click on the same app & select 'pin to taskbar', BUT instead on 'Icon' appearing in the taskbar, 'Icon(2)' appears! This leads me to believe that 'Icon' is still pinned to the taskbar BUT not VISIBLE.

The question is how do I correct this?

Dionicio JrPascual, Jan 29, 2016
  3. Pin to taskbar

Just drag that icon from desktop to taskbar. It will pin it to taskbar by creating an icon on taskbar.

E for Excel, Jan 29, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

For the programs that are in use, the "highlight" is a line laminated under each thumbnail, and the one that is on the screen is "shaded".
    Do you have the same thing as shown in the screenshot below ?

Taskbar Icons not Highlighted? [​IMG]

davidhk, Jan 29, 2016
  5. SoxmisUK Win User
    Most of mine (Apart from Firefox and Thunderbird and maybe event viewer do not light up in anyway.

Like the one not arrowed on the left.

SoxmisUK, Jan 29, 2016
  6. SoxmisUK Win User
    In W7 even when minimised you knew that the program was still open minimised or not.

SoxmisUK, Jan 29, 2016
  7. SoxmisUK Win User
    I took a snapshot of the desktop t show how they didn't light up even when open and I think that the action of doing that triggered something as they all lit up again. I sometimes see this coming out of games.

Ideas?

I've replaced all the drivers etc and everything seems to work just dandy. Just cannot tell when items on the taskbar are open.

SoxmisUK, Jan 29, 2016
  8. SoxmisUK Win User

I'll check out my monitor settings. It's got a manual an inch thick.

SoxmisUK, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar Icons not Highlighted? - Similar Threads - Taskbar Icons Highlighted

2. Open Taskbar Icons Only Highlighting When Active

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open Taskbar Icons Only Highlighting When Active: Hello,Apologies if the wording of my initial question is a bit confusing. Essentially, if I open an app, it will show up on my taskbar as normal. But instead of all of my currently open apps being highlighted, only the one that's "active" or I'm currently using is...
  3. Open Taskbar Icons Only Highlighting When Active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open Taskbar Icons Only Highlighting When Active: Hello,Apologies if the wording of my initial question is a bit confusing. Essentially, if I open an app, it will show up on my taskbar as normal. But instead of all of my currently open apps being highlighted, only the one that's "active" or I'm currently using is...
  4. Open Taskbar Icons Only Highlighting When Active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change the highlight color for active icons in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the highlight color for active icons in the taskbar: This is the icon highlight color for an app on Windows 10, vs Windows 11:The entire point of this feature is for apps to flash when they want to get the user's attention from their peripheral vision, and I rely on this functionality heavily so I don't miss important things...
  6. Change the highlight color for active icons in the taskbar

Change the highlight color for active icons in the taskbar: This is the icon highlight color for an app on Windows 10, vs Windows 11:The entire point of this feature is for apps to flash when they want to get the user's attention from their peripheral vision, and I rely on this functionality heavily so I don't miss important things...
  7. Highlighted search icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighted search icons: Hi! So you know how Microsoft added Highlighted Search to Windows 10 right?Welp, the icon that they are using is so nice, but I couldn't find a place where it is stored . Do you know where it is? Let me know!Thanks in advance!...
  8. Highlighted search icons

Highlighted search icons: Hi! So you know how Microsoft added Highlighted Search to Windows 10 right?Welp, the icon that they are using is so nice, but I couldn't find a place where it is stored . Do you know where it is? Let me know!Thanks in advance!...
  9. Highlighted search icons

in Cortana
  10. Help preventing highlighting of taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help preventing highlighting of taskbar: Apologies if this is the wrong place to post I currently have an issue where when the taskbar is hidden a small grey line remains, this is due to the current app being highlighted and is normal windows behaviour. I am looking for a workaround to prevent this Any help would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbar active window not highlighted

2. Taskbar Icons dont highlight when in use