Windows 10: Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes

Discus and support Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Windows 10 from W7, but an issue from 7 remains. When my computer freezes, all the icons in my taskbar rearrange themselves into an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rgcviper, Jul 31, 2016.

1. rgcviper Win User

Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from W7, but an issue from 7 remains. When my computer freezes, all the icons in my taskbar rearrange themselves into an unintended order--mainly within the individual programs since I pinned my main icons to the taskbar. This issue seemed to have resolved itself when I upgraded to 10, but it just occurred again. I had an I.T. guy look at my computer when I still had 7, and he determined that the issue was not hardware-related, and he suggested that I clear my hard drive and reinstall the operating system. Are any less-drastic repair options available? I've run numerous anti-virus and anti-malware scans, but nothing has been detected. Thank you for your assistance.

:)

rgcviper, Jul 31, 2016

2. Icon Rearranges Themselves Upon restrart or Using refresh in Windows 10 Pro x64 (Build 1703.15063.483)

As per your instructions i have created a new user account but same problem persists. I have noticed a thing that whenever i enable "use small taskbar buttons" nothing rearranges except the last two icons and i cannot arrange them by my own unless i have
    not selected the "arrange desktop icon" option from desktop. And even after selecting that on every refresh it rearranges automatically.

Here is the Screenshot which states only last two icons rearranges

Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes [​IMG]

And if i disable the "use small taskbar buttons" option from taskbar settings all icons comes back to the position and then it doesnt rearrange. The problem is only occuring when i am using small taskbar button option.

Please help me every time i need to rearrange icons.

Shankey Bisht, Jul 31, 2016
  3. How do I rearrange the order of the taskbar icons in Windows 10?

Windows 10. How do I rearrange the startup position of the icons on the taskbar, not the dragging bit?

FranklinWomack, Jul 31, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes

1. Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes - Similar Threads - Taskbar icons rearrange

2. Computer freezes - USB Icon pops up when nothing is plugged in?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer freezes - USB Icon pops up when nothing is plugged in?: My laptop frequently freezes for brief periods, about 5 seconds. Every time it occurs, the icon on the bottom task bar indicating that a USB flash drive is detected will pop up, when nothing is plugged in. It goes away when the computer unfreezes. Does anyone know what could...
  3. rearrange icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    rearrange icons on desktop: On my Win 10 desktop I can move icons to any part of the grid with a left click-hold and drag. The setting is "Align icons to grid". My wife's Win 10 will not let the icon move at all. What needs to change...
  4. Desktop icons keep rearranging

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons keep rearranging: After rebooting the system, the desktop icons usually arrange in a different way than they used to be. I deleted the “IconCache” and checked “auto arrange icons”. I want them to be at fixed places....
  5. Desktop icons keep rearranging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons keep rearranging: when i rearrange position of the icon it will amass icon in 1 point, i have checked align icon to grid but it just like that again,don't know how to fix it[ATTACH] ***Changed title from Error icons***...
  6. Freezing desktop and taskbar icons and freezing applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Freezing desktop and taskbar icons and freezing applications: Hello Wondering if anybody can help with a windows 10 issue My pc has been working fine for weeks now Suddenly, over the last few days its developed an issue that seems to be getting progressively worse Basically, all the desktop and taskbar icons keep freezing up...
  7. Win10 desktop icons rearranging on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 desktop icons rearranging on boot: This problem is as old as Win itself, it was in every version of Win and now in 10 I have it too. Everything worked fine until a few days back everytime i boot or restart the PC all the icons go to the left side of the screen and I can't seem to figure out why. Yes, the...
  8. Desktop Icon rearrange it's self :(

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icon rearrange it's self :(: As the topic said above every time I press F5 to refresh my desktop it rearrange it's self *Sad and I need to re-arrange it again. How can I stop it from doing that *Rolleyes [img] [img] 24524
  9. Start menu icons rearrange themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons rearrange themselves: Hello, I hope someone has any idea what is happening any possibly why. My start menu icons every now and then rearrange themselves. They go from small to medium size, and groups resolve. Then I do the tedious work of arranging everything and then without a single...
  10. Desktop icons keep rearranging

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons keep rearranging: Hello, My desktop icons keep rearranging and windows explorer won't save the position I put them in. I can rearrange them but when I click 'Refresh' or if I restart explorer or if I reboot they rearrange to another setup. This happens in both normal mode and safe mode....