Windows 10: Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes

Discus and support Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Windows 10 from W7, but an issue from 7 remains. When my computer freezes, all the icons in my taskbar rearrange themselves into an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rgcviper, Jul 31, 2016.

1. rgcviper Win User

Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from W7, but an issue from 7 remains. When my computer freezes, all the icons in my taskbar rearrange themselves into an unintended order--mainly within the individual programs since I pinned my main icons to the taskbar. This issue seemed to have resolved itself when I upgraded to 10, but it just occurred again. I had an I.T. guy look at my computer when I still had 7, and he determined that the issue was not hardware-related, and he suggested that I clear my hard drive and reinstall the operating system. Are any less-drastic repair options available? I've run numerous anti-virus and anti-malware scans, but nothing has been detected. Thank you for your assistance.

:)

rgcviper, Jul 31, 2016

2. Icon Rearranges Themselves Upon restrart or Using refresh in Windows 10 Pro x64 (Build 1703.15063.483)

As per your instructions i have created a new user account but same problem persists. I have noticed a thing that whenever i enable "use small taskbar buttons" nothing rearranges except the last two icons and i cannot arrange them by my own unless i have
    not selected the "arrange desktop icon" option from desktop. And even after selecting that on every refresh it rearranges automatically.

Here is the Screenshot which states only last two icons rearranges

Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes [​IMG]

And if i disable the "use small taskbar buttons" option from taskbar settings all icons comes back to the position and then it doesnt rearrange. The problem is only occuring when i am using small taskbar button option.

Please help me every time i need to rearrange icons.

Shankey Bisht, Jul 31, 2016
  3. How do I rearrange the order of the taskbar icons in Windows 10?

Windows 10. How do I rearrange the startup position of the icons on the taskbar, not the dragging bit?

FranklinWomack, Jul 31, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes

1. Taskbar icons rearrange when computer freezes - Similar Threads - Taskbar icons rearrange

2. Why are all the desktop icons rearranged when using Taskbar Auto Hide option in Taskbar...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are all the desktop icons rearranged when using Taskbar Auto Hide option in Taskbar...: https://aka.ms/AAk93qdIs there any logical explanation on this behavior? Why are the Desktop icons rearranged completely when I auto hide the taskbar?Normal desktop icon arrangement without hiding taskbar:Rearranged desktop icons when hiding taskbar:...
  3. Why are all the desktop icons rearranged when using Taskbar Auto Hide option in Taskbar...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are all the desktop icons rearranged when using Taskbar Auto Hide option in Taskbar...: https://aka.ms/AAk93qdIs there any logical explanation on this behavior? Why are the Desktop icons rearranged completely when I auto hide the taskbar?Normal desktop icon arrangement without hiding taskbar:Rearranged desktop icons when hiding taskbar:...
  4. how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar: Taskbar icons are rearranged by Windows monthly updates. I had them in the alignment I wished. I find instructions only for moving the taskbar, which I want to keep on the bottom where it has always been. I wish just to rearrange the icons as we can do with desktop tile...
  5. how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar

how to rearrange ICONs on the taskbar, NOT move the taskbar: Taskbar icons are rearranged by Windows monthly updates. I had them in the alignment I wished. I find instructions only for moving the taskbar, which I want to keep on the bottom where it has always been. I wish just to rearrange the icons as we can do with desktop tile...
  6. How can I rearrange taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I rearrange taskbar icons?: Hi!I would like to rearrange the icons on my taskbar, but they are 'stuck' in an order. I tried looking this up, but I could only find suggestions that involve third-party software, which isn't something I would prefer for my work laptop. I can rearrange icons of different...
  7. How can I rearrange taskbar icons?

How can I rearrange taskbar icons?: Hi!I would like to rearrange the icons on my taskbar, but they are 'stuck' in an order. I tried looking this up, but I could only find suggestions that involve third-party software, which isn't something I would prefer for my work laptop. I can rearrange icons of different...
  8. How can I rearrange taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. rearrange or re-order taskbar Icons in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rearrange or re-order taskbar Icons in Win 11: When I installed Windows 11 many of the task bar icons can not be moved or arranged in the order I want them to appear. With win 10 I could move or re-order the task bar icons. Anyone have the same problem or an idea to try to fix this?Thanks, Gary...
  10. windows 10 rearranges taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 rearranges taskbar icons: In the middle of my day, or just at random times, my taskbar icons open applications, not pinned will all of a sudden move around and rearrange themselves. How do I prevent this? I am on Windows 10 Pro 1909, 18363.720. Below are my settings. [ATTACH]...