Windows 10: TASKBAR in the way SOLUTION

Discus and support TASKBAR in the way SOLUTION in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The TASKBAR in all Windows versions has been annoying. No matter where you move it, it is in the way of something. They added a feature to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by joshace, Jun 14, 2016.

1. joshace Win User

TASKBAR in the way SOLUTION

The TASKBAR in all Windows versions has been annoying. No matter where you move it, it is in the way of something. They added a feature to automatically hide the taskbar which for some reason still doesn't work reliably in Windows 10.

How about THIS? All the CORNERS of the screen have some useful function in Windows. How about setting the taskbar so that it does not go all the way to the corners - sort of like the margins on a sheet of paper?

Also.. it would be nice to be able to move the taskbar anywhere on the screen.. to get it away from what is needed. Even a strip running half way down the screen would be better than having it block all my tabs and tools on the top or bottom rows.

:)

joshace, Jun 14, 2016
  2. Sharonie2 Win User

Is there any way of jumping to a solution in the community answers rather than scrolling through pages of people saying they have the same problem too?

I just want to be able to get to the answer and skip pages and pages of people saying they have the same problem.

Sharonie2, Jun 14, 2016
  3. Sharonie2 Win User
    Is there any way of jumping to a solution in the community answers rather than scrolling through pages of people saying they have the same problem too?

Thanks, I would love to be able to go directly to an answer. I understand that not all answers will be appropriate for me and am happy to scroll through answers only. My question is now to do this without having to read pages and pages of people describing
    the same or similar problems. I don't think I need to be more specific than this as it is very common to find responses that do not actually add any value.

Sharonie2, Jun 14, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

You can have your taskbar placed vertically to the left or the right of the screen.

Move the taskbar

• Right click in an unused area of the taskbar.
    • Make sure that “Lock the taskbar” is unchecked.
    • Left click and hold in that unused area of the taskbar.
    • Drag the taskbar to the side of your screen on which you want it.
    • Release the mouse.

TASKBAR in the way SOLUTION [​IMG]

davidhk, Jun 14, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    Taskbar hiding works just as good (or bad) as in all other windows but some programs do not open all the way even when it's hidden and don't extend when taskbar minimizes, Firefox was for example doing that until v 43.

CountMike, Jun 14, 2016
  6. joshace Win User
    Yes, but even in the picture you posted, the upper left of the taskbar blocks what would often be a back arrow < which is very annoying. If the taskbar did not go all the way to the corner, that would not be a problem. I am sure that Microsoft will fix this problem by the year 3072 in Windows version 807

joshace, Jun 15, 2016
  7. joshace Win User
    Ideally, I don't want the taskbar hidden. I just don't want it blocking my tabs or back arrow or time/date.

joshace, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. TASKBAR in the way SOLUTION - Similar Threads - TASKBAR SOLUTION

2. My taskbar has disappeared, literally overnight. I've tried all kinds of 'solutions' to get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar has disappeared, literally overnight. I've tried all kinds of 'solutions' to get...: I don't know what else to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-has-disappeared-literally-overnight-ive/56ab8279-d801-4935-a81c-0685da413a26
  3. My taskbar has disappeared, literally overnight. I've tried all kinds of 'solutions' to get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar has disappeared, literally overnight. I've tried all kinds of 'solutions' to get...: I don't know what else to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-has-disappeared-literally-overnight-ive/56ab8279-d801-4935-a81c-0685da413a26
  4. Windows 11 Small Taskbar-Solution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Small Taskbar-Solution?: I just updated Win 11 to the new version 22H2 and the previous fix in the registry to make the taskbar small no longer functions. This was the work around.https://www.elevenforum.com/t/change-size-of-taskbar-icons-in-windows-11.45/MS must have not liked people working around...
  5. Windows 11 Small Taskbar-Solution?

Windows 11 Small Taskbar-Solution?: I just updated Win 11 to the new version 22H2 and the previous fix in the registry to make the taskbar small no longer functions. This was the work around.https://www.elevenforum.com/t/change-size-of-taskbar-icons-in-windows-11.45/MS must have not liked people working around...
  6. Windows 10 taskbar become blocked after hibernation. The only solution is reboot. How to...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 taskbar become blocked after hibernation. The only solution is reboot. How to...: The PC with Windows 10 works normallly. hibeernation starts normally once the timer is finished. Then, we try to start working again, the computer turns on with no problems, but the taskbar doesn't work at all. The only solution so far ir reboot the computer.Any suggestion to...
  7. Windows 10 taskbar become blocked after hibernation. The only solution is reboot. How to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 taskbar become blocked after hibernation. The only solution is reboot. How to...: The PC with Windows 10 works normallly. hibeernation starts normally once the timer is finished. Then, we try to start working again, the computer turns on with no problems, but the taskbar doesn't work at all. The only solution so far ir reboot the computer.Any suggestion to...
  8. Windows 10 taskbar become blocked after hibernation. The only solution is reboot. How to...

9. What is the solution of the dots under icons in taskbar?

What is the solution of the dots under icons in taskbar?: HiLately, a black line showed up in the bottom of taskbar. And whenever a run something ,for example Google Chrome, a white line consists of dots appears in the bottom of the icon. The picture I attached shows the white dots under the chrome icon Thank you!...
  10. What is the solution of the dots under icons in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the solution of the dots under icons in taskbar?: HiLately, a black line showed up in the bottom of taskbar. And whenever a run something ,for example Google Chrome, a white line consists of dots appears in the bottom of the icon. The picture I attached shows the white dots under the chrome icon Thank you!...