Windows 10: taskbar is in the background of windowed applications

Discus and support taskbar is in the background of windowed applications in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Suddenly out of the blue my windows taskbar is kept in the background of inactive windowed applications. The applications involved are not full screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tavikas, Jan 25, 2017.

1. tavikas Win User

taskbar is in the background of windowed applications

Suddenly out of the blue my windows taskbar is kept in the background of inactive windowed applications. The applications involved are not full screen and neither maximized but just open in window. No update, except daily windows defender databases, have been recently installed on the system.

Earlier such open windows were visible behind slightly transparent taskbar, but now they are on top of it instead. Being behind an active window but still on top of the taskbar those opened applications are just covering the taskbar where much more options are available.

What should i do to restore the usability of the taskbar?

taskbar is in the background of windowed applications [​IMG]

:)

tavikas, Jan 25, 2017
  2. David Haz Win User

Certain windowed applications overlap the taskbar?

Hello,

You have mentioned that the windowed applications started overlapping the task bar occurred recently. May we know if you have made any significant changes to your device prior to this issue?

Also, does this behavior happen when you are focused to the windowed application or is the task bar still behind the window when you click it?

Just to check, is the resolution for your display is set in the Recommended settings? Kindly go to
    Settings > System > Display, then click
    Advanced display settings. Check if the settings is set to the
    Recommended settings.

David Haz, Jan 25, 2017
  3. Jumpman98 Win User
    Certain windowed applications overlap the taskbar?

Best way to describe the issue is to just show you. This game (Uncharted Waters Online) is the main issue, but I've also seen it happen to another game I play in window mode too (Shellshock Live). Notice how the main window overlaps the taskbar, slightly
    obstructing the view of the pinned icons? This wouldn't be anything more than a minor annoyance, but it is somehow causing that second program to not function correctly (the small window to the right that displays a map). Normally I would just contact game
    support but this is a Windows 10 issue, not specific to any one app. (Changing ingame window resolution display sizes doesn't work, already tried that.) Does anyone know how to get, in this case, the UWO main window to stay behind the taskbar at the bottom
    like it's supposed to/always had (until recently for some reason)?
    taskbar is in the background of windowed applications [​IMG]

Jumpman98, Jan 25, 2017
  4. taskbar is in the background of windowed applications

Welcome to the TenForums @tavikas

Please have a look at your update history. You are looking for two things, updates that failed and drivers that Windows installed on your behalf. Go back at least two weeks.

If drivers found, roll them back in Device manager. If Window updates failing invoke the Update Troubleshooter.

Type troubleshooting in the Cortana search bar, troubleshooting appears at top.
    Click it, window opens, lower right side "Fix problems with Windows Update", click.
    Window opens, click on “advance”, click on Run as administrator, click “Next”.
    Should run clean. If not run again.

While this idea won't get to root cause can could invoke system restore and take your self back a couple of weeks.

Strongly recommend you research Macrium Reflect for system images. Its free, reliable and a fast way to get back to a working point in time. It also allows you to keep version. An absolute must.

Caledon Ken, Jan 26, 2017
Thema:

taskbar is in the background of windowed applications

1. taskbar is in the background of windowed applications - Similar Threads - taskbar background windowed

2. Taskbar hides when fullscreen application is in the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hides when fullscreen application is in the background: Hello,I think this is new, when I have a fullscreen application and put it in the background my taskbar is still hidden and that is very annoying.Is this some sort of setting or just a feature?...
  3. Taskbar hides when fullscreen application is in the background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar hides when fullscreen application is in the background: Hello,I think this is new, when I have a fullscreen application and put it in the background my taskbar is still hidden and that is very annoying.Is this some sort of setting or just a feature?...
  4. Taskbar hides when fullscreen application is in the background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Background Applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background Applications: This question is NOT related to windows background app control found in settings. I have applications that, in the middle of the day, hours after my computer was turned onthus nothing to do with start-up, randomly start on their own and run in the background. Zoom, dropbox,...
  6. Background applications.

Background applications.: Regards. What background applications should not be disabled? Thanks in advance for your answers. Windows 10 64 bits Home. 172314
  7. TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing: I know no one understood the title so, Picture , that glowy thing dosen't go off its bugging me it does not even go off after I open the app it usually goes out I guess so someone help me...
  8. Taskbar background

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar background: Hi. I was playing settings, hits some wrong buttons, fixed all but one. Taskbar, light, light greyish blue, prefer original. Any help much appreciated, Dave 144232
  9. Application background

Application background: Hi, when I open an application the background has change from white to light blue, if I have a picture or video displayed the colour is distorted.??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-background/ab794e08-11c5-45be-a7b7-7b5d5dd917d1
  10. Background Application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background Application: Hey Guys In my leotop manny Backgroud application runing more than one time like runtime broker. I attached the screen short of problem i was just asking its safe for system because it tak's system resources [ATTACH]...