Windows 10: Taskbar Is Not Working (Not Responding)

Discus and support Taskbar Is Not Working (Not Responding) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good afternoon everyone. Last Sunday something strange happened to my computer, usually I click at 'Start' icon to access Microsoft Word but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Michael Osborne, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Taskbar Is Not Working (Not Responding)

Good afternoon everyone. Last Sunday something strange happened to my computer, usually I click at 'Start' icon to access Microsoft Word but nothing came up. I had tried to click the search icon and task view icon but the same problem occurred. No matter how often I clicked at them, it still unused. Then, I reboot my computer. Unfortunately, it also didn't worked. Besides that, I decided to search for the solution from the Internet through my phone. One of the person suggested me to check for hard disk health(sfc /scannow), DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth on Powershell, Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} on Powershell, reset my PC and so on solution from Google. Almost all of them failed to solve the problem. In addition, I will upload the screenshots so that you will understand and assists me better.

:)

Michael Osborne, Feb 25, 2016
  2. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Feb 25, 2016
  3. Taskbar is not responding

unfortunately, I kept receiving this message :

Taskbar Is Not Working (Not Responding) [​IMG]

wassim.taieb, Feb 25, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Taskbar Is Not Working (Not Responding)

Have you done a system restore picking a date when you did NOT have this problem as your restore point ?
    System Restore Windows 10

If system restore does not fix the problem............
    2 suggestions :

1. Do a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
    You can keep you files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.

2. Clean Install.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html
    You start fresh. No carry-over baggage.
    You will have to reinstall all your 3rd party programs.
    If you are asked for product key, use the SKIP or " I do not have a product key " option and continue.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Feb 25, 2016
    Michael Osborne, Feb 25, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I would say so, instead of trying this and that and break something in the process.
    Let's start over .

davidhk, Feb 25, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Feb 25, 2016
  8. damocles Win User

My system went through a strange period of freezing and the task bar being unresponsive - there was word of a poor update but I don't know if that was the case.

Can you get in to safe mode and check for updates? I only say this because my system after four days suddenly start to work again. Very odd behavior and only strengthens my dislike for automatic updates. When MS mess up we suffer and lose revenue when the computer is not working.

damocles, Feb 26, 2016
    Michael Osborne, Feb 28, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Feb 28, 2016
  11. damocles Win User
    Be aware that win10 might to update the system again with caused you the issue.

damocles, Feb 28, 2016
  12. damocles Win User
    Be aware that win10 might try to update the system again with the update that caused you the issue.

damocles, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar Is Not Working (Not Responding) - Similar Threads - Taskbar Working Responding

2. Taskbar not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not responding: Today, I launched my computer as usual but the taskbar was missing all my pinned programs. When I tried interacting, my cursor would turn into a loading wheel, a black screen would appear for a few seconds and then it would show the taskbar again, sometimes with the programs....
  3. Taskbar not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not responding: I tried to click an app at the task bar and nothing happened. I also tried to remove any of them and it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-not-responding/562934e2-6aa6-4143-8505-804286707a00
  4. Taskbar not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not responding: My computer's taskbar keeps reloading over and over again. Every time it reloads, it doesn't fix the issue. I've already restarted my computer but it doesn't help either. Is there any other ways to fix this error?...
  5. Taskbar not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar not responding: My computer's taskbar keeps reloading over and over again. Every time it reloads, it doesn't fix the issue. I've already restarted my computer but it doesn't help either. Is there any other ways to fix this error?...
  6. Apps not responding and working at my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not responding and working at my taskbar: Hi,I always manage to use my taskbar to access all apps that I need for everyday. However at this time, my apps are not working on the task bar, I tried all of them and nothing works. Help please....
  7. Apps not responding and working at my taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not responding and working at my taskbar: Hi,I always manage to use my taskbar to access all apps that I need for everyday. However at this time, my apps are not working on the task bar, I tried all of them and nothing works. Help please....
  8. Apps not responding and working at my taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Taskbar not responding?

Taskbar not responding?: I have recently been having an issue on Windows 10 where my task bar will not respond. When I click it multiple times, the entire screen goes black for a split second and the computer acts like I just turned it on. There are no icons on the taskbar, unless I wait a long time...
  10. Taskbar not responding

Taskbar not responding: When I boot up my pc, the taskbar is not responding. My cursor goes into a loading state and I can't open any apps that are supposed to be in the taskbarthey are not showed.I've tried ctrl+shift+esc to restart windows explorer, and I still have the same problem and many...