Windows 10: Taskbar is still there in games, even if auto-hide is turned on.

Discus and support Taskbar is still there in games, even if auto-hide is turned on. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I noticed that while I'm playing minecraft or I'm on any other window, my task bar is still up, even when auto-hide is enabled. Can someone help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gaurdtown, Nov 18, 2016.

1. gaurdtown Win User

Taskbar is still there in games, even if auto-hide is turned on.

I noticed that while I'm playing minecraft or I'm on any other window, my task bar is still up, even when auto-hide is enabled. Can someone help me?

:)

gaurdtown, Nov 18, 2016
  2. stimuli Win User

Taskbar stopped appearing on top of windows

I turned off auto hide and restarted the computer and then turned auto hide back on but the taskbar is still behind other windows.

I then created a test account as you suggested and the taskbar on that account seems to be behaving properly. On the test account I unlocked the taskbar and turned on auto hide and the taskbar raises up in front of other windows when I move the cursor to
    the bottom of the screen. I do not know why it is not doing that on my main account with the same settings. =(

stimuli, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Auto hide taskbar is NOT working!

I can't get the taskbar to auto hide, even though the auto hide is turned on!!! I have tried just about everything and can't figure it out - any and all help is appreciated!!!!

KathrynDavis0401, Nov 18, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar is still there in games, even if auto-hide is turned on.

1. Taskbar is still there in games, even if auto-hide is turned on. - Similar Threads - Taskbar still games

2. My taskbar is auto hiding even though I have the auto hide feature turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is auto hiding even though I have the auto hide feature turned off: In Windows 11, on my Inspiron laptop, my taskbar is auto hiding even though the auto hide setting is set to no. What I've tried so far:- Update windows fully up to date- set auto hide and unset it- restarted my laptop multiple times- opened Task Manager and restarted Windows...
  3. My taskbar is auto hiding even though I have the auto hide feature turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar is auto hiding even though I have the auto hide feature turned off: In Windows 11, on my Inspiron laptop, my taskbar is auto hiding even though the auto hide setting is set to no. What I've tried so far:- Update windows fully up to date- set auto hide and unset it- restarted my laptop multiple times- opened Task Manager and restarted Windows...
  4. Auto-Hide taskbar turns itself on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-Hide taskbar turns itself on: After ticking off the box it just turns itself back on. How do I keep the taskbar not hidden? submitted by /u/Epiqur [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wckm92/autohide_taskbar_turns_itself_on/
  5. Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off

Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off: Split from this thread.I am having the opposite problem. I have turned off the auto-hide feature of the taskbar SEVERAL times. Every time the computer goes to sleep or reboots, the function turns itself back on in the settings....
  6. Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off: I switched to Windows 11 a few weeks ago, and ever since then, the taskbar auto-hide quits working when the computer comes out of Sleep mode. I have to be away from the computer for a while before it will happen, and I believe it has something to do with me running dual...
  7. Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off

Window 11 taskbar auto-hide turning off: I switched to Windows 11 a few weeks ago, and ever since then, the taskbar auto-hide quits working when the computer comes out of Sleep mode. I have to be away from the computer for a while before it will happen, and I believe it has something to do with me running dual...
  8. Auto-hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-hide taskbar: O/S 10.0.18363.836 Device HP laptop 17" May 2020 not touch screen In Tablet mode taskbar won't auto-hide, even though I have set it to do so in 'settings', also set for auto-hide for desktop, which it does do, but not in Tablet mode. Have restarted, but still won't work,...
  9. Auto Hide on Taskbar keeps turning itself on...

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Hide on Taskbar keeps turning itself on...: I do not want to hide my task bar. All I can find are issues about it not hiding. I go into the task bar properties and turn off Auto Hide, but after a while it is back on again. Any suggestions? 56085
  10. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351