Windows 10: Taskbar is still there in games, even if auto-hide is turned on.

Discus and support Taskbar is still there in games, even if auto-hide is turned on. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I noticed that while I'm playing minecraft or I'm on any other window, my task bar is still up, even when auto-hide is enabled. Can someone help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gaurdtown, Nov 18, 2016.

1. gaurdtown Win User

Taskbar is still there in games, even if auto-hide is turned on.

I noticed that while I'm playing minecraft or I'm on any other window, my task bar is still up, even when auto-hide is enabled. Can someone help me?

:)

gaurdtown, Nov 18, 2016
  2. stimuli Win User

Taskbar stopped appearing on top of windows

I turned off auto hide and restarted the computer and then turned auto hide back on but the taskbar is still behind other windows.

I then created a test account as you suggested and the taskbar on that account seems to be behaving properly. On the test account I unlocked the taskbar and turned on auto hide and the taskbar raises up in front of other windows when I move the cursor to
    the bottom of the screen. I do not know why it is not doing that on my main account with the same settings. =(

stimuli, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Auto hide taskbar is NOT working!

I can't get the taskbar to auto hide, even though the auto hide is turned on!!! I have tried just about everything and can't figure it out - any and all help is appreciated!!!!

KathrynDavis0401, Nov 18, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar is still there in games, even if auto-hide is turned on.

1. Taskbar is still there in games, even if auto-hide is turned on. - Similar Threads - Taskbar still games

2. Windows taskbar not auto-hiding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows taskbar not auto-hiding: I've been running Win10 Pro for a month or so. For some reason my task bar will not auto hide when not in use. I have it set up correct;y, it just doesn't hide. I've seen a thread or two on different forums that the notification area was the problem. Does anyone have a...
  3. Is there a way to *completely* auto-hide the Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to *completely* auto-hide the Taskbar?: Hi, I use my PC only for entertainment - gaming and watching TV shows and movies. That means that I only use the big screen, which is a plasma, and as you're probably aware, plasmas have the burn-in issue. So I enabled the Auto-hide taskbar function, but it still shows...
  4. Taskbar Auto Hide Fail ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Taskbar Auto Hide Fail ?: Don't use Superantispyware icon on the bar. Just went through testing why and removing the icon fixed it. With the icon turned off, and still off, the icon showed up. Third Windows version with an icon problem. Guess SAS doesn't know how to program icons. If it happens...
  5. Auto Hide on Taskbar keeps turning itself on...

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Hide on Taskbar keeps turning itself on...: I do not want to hide my task bar. All I can find are issues about it not hiding. I go into the task bar properties and turn off Auto Hide, but after a while it is back on again. Any suggestions? 56085
  6. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar refuses to auto-hide: Under "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" I have checked the box labeled "Auto-hide the taskbar", but it doesn't hide itself nor can I move it down using the arrows. What can I do to fix this problem. There was another thread about this problem but it was last commented on...
  7. Auto-Hide the taskbar function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide the taskbar function not working: Since this morning Windows 10 "Auto-Hide the taskbar" function is not working despite proper settings. [img] Any suggestion? Ps. Found a solution at the following: Fix: Taskbar Auto-Hide Feature Not Working On Windows 10 "Try restarting File Explorer or...
  8. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351
  9. Auto hide taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto hide taskbar problems: My taskbar (desktop mode) would not hide. I created a virtual desktop (Windows key + Ctrl +d) just to see what that is. Now auto hide works in both desktops*Smile 28317
  10. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar refuses to auto-hide: I did some poking around, and this thread comes close, but nothing listed there had any affect at all. When I am running an app in a full-screen windowed, I can sometimes make it hide by Alt-tabbing to the program. (Even though the program was already in focus.) Pretty...