Windows 10: Taskbar - Is there a way to Pin a container of shortcuts?

Discus and support Taskbar - Is there a way to Pin a container of shortcuts? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to Pin an object to the taskbar that when I clicked it, it would fly out a menu of shortcuts/programs I put in there? Kind of like jump... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mikefletcher85, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Taskbar - Is there a way to Pin a container of shortcuts?

Is there a way to Pin an object to the taskbar that when I clicked it, it would fly out a menu of shortcuts/programs I put in there? Kind of like jump lists for specific programs except it would be a bunch of shortcuts. For work I have a variety of tools I use throughout the day (too many to just pin them all) it would be nice that I could click an object in the taskbar and have it give me a nice menu of shortcuts I specify.

I found a software package called Bins that seems like what I'm looking for, but one of their Windows 10 limitations is that it will only work on the primary screen's taskbar and not the others.

Any ideas? Free is ideal, but I would consider spending a little to get this functionality.

:)

mikefletcher85, Oct 12, 2016
  2. JaneBonny Win User

Is there a way to pin subtitles to a video in Movies & TV?

Hello,

I am a Windows 10 user and as such, I usually use the Movies & TV application to watch movies. Recently, I wanted to watch a movie with subtitles and I noticed that some have already been added to the film I downloaded (the "1. und" file).

Taskbar - Is there a way to Pin a container of shortcuts? [​IMG]

Unfortunately, they weren't correctly synced so I downloaded another .srt file ("E01"), selected it and everything worked well.

My only problem is that every time I want to watch the movie, I have to add the "E01" subtitles again – because unlike the "1. und" ones they don't stay pinned to the movie. I am not a lazy person, I can very well add them again and again, but since the
    old ones clearly stay pinned I couldn't help wondering if there is a way to pin the new subtitles permanently to the film as well. I know there are ways to insert subtitles permanently into a film, choosing your own font etc., but that is not what I am interested
    in – I would like to watch the movie both with and without them.

I hope my question isn't confusing! Thank you in advance for your answers.

JaneBonny, Oct 12, 2016
  3. Is there a way to pin subtitles to a video in Movies & TV?

Hi Jane,

The ability to permanently pin a new subtitle while there is already a pinned subtitle on the movie itself is still not available in the Movies and TV app yet. You may send this idea to our Feedback Hubb app for our software developers and engineers to consider
    them as one of the new feature which will be released in future Windows updates. Click the link to begin sending your suggestion.

Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app

Feel free to post should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 12, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Taskbar - Is there a way to Pin a container of shortcuts?

Hello Mike, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, you could also use OPTION ONE below in Windows 10 to add a folder as a new toolbar on the taskbar, and place your shortcuts in the folder.

Taskbar Toolbars - Add or Remove in Windows 8

Brink, Oct 12, 2016
  5. Just tried it, but as I feared it merely opens the folder in explorer showing the shortcuts. I was looking for a menu that wouldn't require opening another window.

But when I followed that link it reminded me about toolbars. I created a new toolbar from that folder with the shortcuts and it is almost exactly what I was looking for. But it seems that it only on the main screen. Any ideas if its possible to have that toolbar appear on both screens?

mikefletcher85, Oct 12, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You should see something like this below if the folder you selected to be added as a "New toolbar" has items in it.

Brink, Oct 12, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    I just use the desktop toolbar and place my program shortcuts in a folder on my desktop, then hide the desktop icon, and use desktop toolbar, arrange the toolbar's icons how I want them, then I have total access to every bit of my system.

You can also adjust it to where you want it on the toolbar, and even with a bit of work, pull the recycle bin out, and have a working recycle bin on you taskbar.

Cliff S, Oct 12, 2016
  8. mykou Win User

Hi Mike

From what you are looking for and similar to"bins" I think I have what you need - Free too *Smile

I used it for a long time and tried it few weeks ago under windows 10 1607 without any issue but the explorer arrow not working correctly , otherwise no pb - ease of use , light and you can merely customise the look

StandaloneStack Soft

you also have another one very nice too :

7stacks | Alastria Software

Enjoy

mykou, Oct 12, 2016
  9. Rose W Win User
    I have used 7 stacks from its beginning. It appears to no longer being updated but it doesn't need to be. It works as expected in Win10
    I have 3 of these on the taskbar. 1 for most used, 1 for specific files, 1 for drives and drive utilities. I prefer text lists either arranged with a number or alphabetically.
    For the first use of the day there is a slight delay when clicking on the taskbar icon containing the shortcuts. After that any reopening is quick.

Rose W, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar - Is there a way to Pin a container of shortcuts? - Similar Threads - Taskbar Pin container

2. Is there a way to pin the clipboard to the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to pin the clipboard to the taskbar?: Is there a way to pin the clipboard to the taskbar?I've searched the Google machine to no avail.There are no three dots at the top of my clipboard, nor an "Option" button at the bottom of it.Thank you in advance!...
  3. Is there a way to pin the clipboard to the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to pin the clipboard to the taskbar?: Is there a way to pin the clipboard to the taskbar?I've searched the Google machine to no avail.There are no three dots at the top of my clipboard, nor an "Option" button at the bottom of it.Thank you in advance!...
  4. reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts: I have 4 word documents pinned to the taskbar shortcut menu - when I right-click the word tab on the taskbar, they pop up along with recently used Word files. Is there any way to reorder the pinned files?...
  5. reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts: I have 4 word documents pinned to the taskbar shortcut menu - when I right-click the word tab on the taskbar, they pop up along with recently used Word files. Is there any way to reorder the pinned files?...
  6. reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Any way to change icons of Chrome shortcuts pinned to taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to change icons of Chrome shortcuts pinned to taskbar?: I have a bunch of websites "saved as shortcuts" from Chrome, and pinned to taskbar. But I would like to customize the taskbar icons, e.g., to distinguish Outlook Mail from Calendar:...
  8. Pinned shortcuts to taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pinned shortcuts to taskbar: Hi, Shortcuts pinned to Edge and Excel on tasksbar in Windows 10 cannot be moved up and down with the mouse like I used to in Windows 7. Is this no longer possible in Windows 10 or do I have an error or setting that can be fixed? If so any suggestions are welcome....
  9. pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar: I have always had shortcuts pinned to my Firefox icon in my taskbar like windows 10 forum,the login for my work place, you tube,ETC.but the short cuts are gone on my windows 32 they are still on my win.64 ..When I drag a short to my win.32 Firefox Icon in taskbar it says pen...
  10. Pin shortcut to Sound to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin shortcut to Sound to taskbar: I have a shortcut to ControlPanel/Sound: %windir%\system32\mmsys.cpl which I'd like to pin to the taskbar. The open window has no pin option. I tried dragging mmsys.cpl to the tasbar, which created a pinned icon but the icon brings up the Default programs window, not sound....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows container for shortcuts