Windows 10: Taskbar issue (may be display related)

Discus and support Taskbar issue (may be display related) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an issue with my taskbar. (win 10pro 64bit) When you click on the browser icon in the taskbar it opens up a submenu with each individual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cedar, Aug 16, 2017.

1. cedar Win User

Taskbar issue (may be display related)

I have an issue with my taskbar. (win 10pro 64bit)
    When you click on the browser icon in the taskbar it opens up a submenu with each individual browser window shown.
    Once you get more than 21 you get scroll arrows at top and bottom of column.
    My problem is that at the top of the display it's cutting of half of the top window and therefore the top scroll arrow as well.
    So I can scroll down the column but not back up.
    Multiple browsers do this so it's a taskbar issue, not a browser issue.

One thing is that I have my display set to 1360 x 768 instead of the recommended 1600 x 900.
    It might not be recalculating everything correctly.

thanks in advance for all attempts at help!

:)

cedar, Aug 16, 2017

2. BSOD new GPU related? May it be software?

In order to evaluate the BSOD and computer environment certain files are needed for the troubleshooting.

These files include: msinfo32, dxdiag, drivers, installed, uninstalled, hosts, startup, mini dumps, event viewer, etc.

The default language first must be in English so that the files can be scanned and read.

This administrative command prompt will automatically collect the files and place them on the desktop. Once the files are on the desktop please use one drive or drop box to post share links into the thread.

Copy and past the whole command at one time:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery
    /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg
    export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP
    GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

There is one additional file that can be found using file explorer search: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Please post this file into the thread too with a one drive or drop box share link for troubleshooting.

questions_, Aug 16, 2017
  3. BSOD new GPU related? May it be software?

We recommend that you visit your video card and main board manufacturer's website, download and install the latest drivers. We'd like to know if you've made any changes on your video card settings. If so, try setting it to default or optimal.

Kindly get back to us with the result.

Regile Reb, Aug 16, 2017
  4. Dude Win User

Does it do it it you switch to recommended res?

5. cedar Win User
    Not sure if you mean change the res back to recommended (1600 x 900) and see what happens or not but I did and it still does the same thing.
    Didn't restart though.

thanks for replying.

cedar, Aug 16, 2017
  6. cedar Win User
    Here are a couple of screenshots.

You can see it cut off at the top of column.

cedar, Aug 16, 2017
  7. Dude Win User
  8. cedar Win User

Thanks Dude for replying.

Before I delve into editing my registry (gulp!) I just want to ask What's the deal with windows 10?
    I never had this problem with xp or 7.
    I've had 50, 60, 70 windows open at a time with no problem whatsoever.
    Scrolled just fine.
    Now win 10 is choking on 22.
    And will 30 be the max limit after this registry change?

I mean I thought OS's were supposed to get BETTER and improve, not regress.
    Sorry if these seem like stupid questions.

cedar, Aug 16, 2017
  9. cedar Win User
    Well I changed(added) the maximum jump list key in regedit like the link says.......No change!
    Same problem.
    Even tried changing the resolution back to recommended 1600 x 900 and it still has same problem.

cedar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar issue (may be display related) - Similar Threads - Taskbar issue may

2. Taskbar related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar related: Can anybody tell me why my taskbar flickerering in windows 11 when i change my themes. I have already latest drivers in my system. So there is any solution how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-related/117e9f36-d2bb-4a5d-aad4-333246356f2c
  3. Taskbar related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar related: Can anybody tell me why my taskbar flickerering in windows 11 when i change my themes. I have already latest drivers in my system. So there is any solution how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-related/117e9f36-d2bb-4a5d-aad4-333246356f2c
  4. Taskbar related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar related: Can anybody tell me how can it possible that my windows taskbar got flickering but when I change wallpaper or theme flickering vanished. How can it possible can anybody tell me....
  5. Taskbar related

Taskbar related: Can anybody tell me how can it possible that my windows taskbar got flickering but when I change wallpaper or theme flickering vanished. How can it possible can anybody tell me....
  6. Taskbar multiple displays issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar multiple displays issue: Win10 LTSC x64 1809 17763.2565 PC with 3 monitors Once i`ve connected to this PC via RPD from laptop After this taskbar function "Show taskbar buttons in [Taskbar where window is open]" stop working like before. How it was: Monitor 1Monitor 2Monitor 31st display...
  7. Taskbar multiple displays issue

Taskbar multiple displays issue: Win10 LTSC x64 1809 17763.2565 PC with 3 monitors Once i`ve connected to this PC via RPD from laptop After this taskbar function "Show taskbar buttons in [Taskbar where window is open]" stop working like before. How it was: Monitor 1Monitor 2Monitor 31st display...
  8. Taskbar multiple displays issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Giant messy concotion of issues that may or may not be related to each other

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Giant messy concotion of issues that may or may not be related to each other: So, I am lost and I was just about to restore my laptop to factory settings when I thought to ask here. I can't install updates 2004 KB4586781 and 20H2. I keep getting error code 0x800706ba. According to WindowsReport, the code refers to corrupted system files. I ran sfc,...
  10. technical issue related to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    technical issue related to taskbar: I am missing a pinned app which I have done "pin to start" in the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/technical-issue-related-to-taskbar/8cad427d-23f5-4293-b5ca-52aa33feb424