Windows 10: Taskbar Jump List Files Slow to Open

Discus and support Taskbar Jump List Files Slow to Open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If I click on an app pinned to the taskbar it loads straight away. If I right click the app and click on a pinned file it takes 20 secs to load the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pete 749, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Pete 749 Win User

Taskbar Jump List Files Slow to Open

If I click on an app pinned to the taskbar it loads straight away. If I right click the app and click on a pinned file it takes 20 secs to load the app.

:)

Pete 749, Jul 24, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the taskbar Jump Lists issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Does the issue also occur on other pinned apps/files?

In the meantime, we suggest to turn off/on Jump Lists in Settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Start.
    • Turn Off then turn On Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Taskbar Jump List Files Slow to Open

Thank you for the information, Pete.

As per your query, it is normal that when you click the pinned application on the taskbar, it will open right away. However, opening the pinned file on the pinned application on the taskbar will take time depending on how big the files are. It would also
    take time to load as it would run to a path folder to execute which application would open the said file.

You can send us your comments and suggestion on our Windows Feedback hub. Your feedback will help us improve our ability to serve you and other users of Windows.

In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for "Feedback Hub" in Cortana search, and then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, and then press
      + Add new feedback
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and then choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
      Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring when you're done.
    • Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My Feedback at the top, and then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, and then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, and then paste the link in your response (it will look like
      https://aka.ms/<unique link>
      ).

Regards.

Monica Cam, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar Jump List Files Slow to Open - Similar Threads - Taskbar Jump List

2. Pin Files to Jump List on Taskbar Items by Dragging?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Files to Jump List on Taskbar Items by Dragging?: I just got a new Windows 11 laptop. With Windows 10, I was able to drag folders onto icons on taskbar for programs that could open them--for instance, I could drag PDF files onto the icon for Acrobat PDF DC Reader, and make a jump list. So far with Windows 10, I have only...
  3. Pin Files to Jump List on Taskbar Items by Dragging?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin Files to Jump List on Taskbar Items by Dragging?: I just got a new Windows 11 laptop. With Windows 10, I was able to drag folders onto icons on taskbar for programs that could open them--for instance, I could drag PDF files onto the icon for Acrobat PDF DC Reader, and make a jump list. So far with Windows 10, I have only...
  4. "Open File location" from Jump List Property

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Open File location" from Jump List Property: In Windows 7, I used to be able to right click on a jumplist item and then select "Open File Location".In windows 10 that extremely useful feature has disappeared. How can I get it back?...
  5. Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

in Windows 10 Support
    Jump list File Explorer items not opening program: Hi, thanks for the welcome note. I have for many months been suffering from the Jump list items on File Explorer not opening the program or item- after clicking the jump list item nothing happens. However if I right click on the jump list item then the mini menu does say Open...
  6. list of files jumps to the top

list of files jumps to the top: It is the issue with File Explorer. When I open a long list of files trying to go through it, it suddenly jumps up, to the beginning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/list-of-files-jumps-to-the-top/36787289-5415-4a6c-b104-b14b6199b826
  7. Taskbar Jump List - Get it Back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Jump List - Get it Back: Since the taskbar jump list (recent files) has been removed, is there some registry edits that can be made to return the functionality/ submitted by /u/super_delegate [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fclp1k/taskbar_jump_list_get_it_back/
  8. Is it possible to edit the Taskbar Jump List information?

Is it possible to edit the Taskbar Jump List information?: I reconfigured my Windows 10 computer and changed "My Documents" to "Documents". After restoring my JumpList items I noticed that they refer to "My Documents" instead of "Documents" so they no longer work....
  9. Jump List Items not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Jump List Items not Opening: Is anyone having the issue where you open your jump list in File Explorer and then click on something like your Videos or Downloads Folder to have the jump list close like normal, but then nothing open? I also noticed that when I right click on the start button, I can't get...
  10. Taskbar program Jump List disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar program Jump List disappears: Hi, I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro and I have somewhat of a quirky problem. My taskbar is at the bottom of the screen but I have it expanded to 2 rows, e.g. twice as "thick" vertically as the default. When I right-click on any pinned icons on the bottom...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jump list opens slowly

2. taskbar items slow to open