Windows 10: Taskbar Menu on Icons not showing complete

Discus and support Taskbar Menu on Icons not showing complete in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I'm having this behavior I remembered before that when you right click on the icons on task-bar you will have a menu on several applications with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrarey, Nov 15, 2017.

1. abrarey Win User

Taskbar Menu on Icons not showing complete

Hello I'm having this behavior I remembered before that when you right click on the icons on task-bar you will have a menu on several applications with different options depending on the application.
    That option is not showing anymore on my system, as for example this is the only thing that is showing when i right click
    Taskbar Menu on Icons not showing complete [​IMG]

Sometimes it shows the unpin from task-bar but that's it. is happening on all applications the only one displaying more information is the star button which still shows the full menu.

and the Cortana search.

Restarting computer or the Explorer Service doesn't seem to help. Just for reference this is what it use to show in the past:

Maybe someone can help or have had experienced this already. Thanks in advance.

:)

abrarey, Nov 15, 2017
  2. JohnH_540 Win User

Invisible icons on taskbar - Windows 10

I encountered this problem starting a few days ago. My Edge and Mail icons had become invisible on the Taskbar but if I hovered the cursor over where they had been located I could still open the apps. Also both apps showed normally in the Start menu.

Here's what worked for me:

1. Right click on the app in Start menu.

2. Click on Remove from Taskbar

3. Repeat 1.

4. Click on Pin to Taskbar

App complete with icon appeared on Taskbar.

JohnH_540, Nov 15, 2017
  3. dempseyvv Win User
    Start menu and taskbar right-click pop-up have invisible icons and text

Upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Windows 10 works fine, but I have serious problems with the presentation of the Start menu and the Taskbar.

Start menu (i.e. Most Used and All Apps) are supposed to show for each entry an icon and text. After almost every restart it looks different: nothing, or only icons, or only text, or both icons and text. Sometimes when it shows both icons and text and I
    move the cursor (without clicking or anything) over the icons they just disappear.

The Taskbar icons are fine. Right-clicking on an icon is supposed to show a pop-up menu with icons and text, but that seldom happens. After most restarts I am lucky to get a few icons in the pop-up. MS Excel is the only one that show the complete pop-up
    menu filled, but when I move the cursor over them they (icons and text) too disappear!

Perhaps not related, but several of the Personalization Settings (Background, Colors, Lock Screen) have corrupted ON/OFF switch settings, i.e. overlayed with strange text. Pull-down choices get completely mingled up too. Login password field shows often
    bits of large character date or time.

I use NVidia GTX 570 graphics card and the latest NVidia driver, which worked fine in Win 7 Pro. Graphics from all my applications are normal.

dempseyvv, Nov 15, 2017
  4. abrarey Win User

I ended up reinstalling the OS, problem gone.

abrarey, Nov 22, 2017
Thema:

1. Taskbar Menu on Icons not showing complete - Similar Threads - Taskbar Menu Icons

2. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening: How I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-icons-not-showing-taskbar-icon-task/7a413e75-c163-46e5-aa97-47532eb56fbc
  3. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening: How I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-icons-not-showing-taskbar-icon-task/7a413e75-c163-46e5-aa97-47532eb56fbc
  4. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Taskbar Icons not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons not showing: My taskbars icons aren't showing, I've had this problem since i updated my computer which was on dec 6, around that time. It was working perfectly fine once I updated it now the taskbar icons are gone. Please help nothing is working....
  6. icons not showing on taskbar

icons not showing on taskbar: windows 10 pro on laptophaving the issue that programs pinned to the taskbar do not show the iconif a program is not pinned and open : icon is okI have multiple programs pinned to taskbar, but only firefox is having the issuei followed all recommendations : restart explorer -...
  7. Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar: Hi,I updated Windows 11 to 22610.1 ni_release yesterday, since then I lost the "^" in taskbar that is for the hidden icon menu. I tried the toggle button in the taskbar setting, but the toggle does nothing.I tried the restart the computer without fast startup, it didn't...
  8. Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar

Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar: Hi,I updated Windows 11 to 22610.1 ni_release yesterday, since then I lost the "^" in taskbar that is for the hidden icon menu. I tried the toggle button in the taskbar setting, but the toggle does nothing.I tried the restart the computer without fast startup, it didn't...
  9. Windows Defender icon not showing up in ^ menu of taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender icon not showing up in ^ menu of taskbar: Just fixed a few problems with malware and Windows Defender being disabled. Real time protection is on and everything seems to be working perfectly fine now, but the Windows Defender icon isn't showing in the ^ menu of the taskbar. Is this a problem? I can't remember if it...
  10. windows 10 showing no desktop icon and not showing any taskbar menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 showing no desktop icon and not showing any taskbar menu: When I turn on my laptop, there are no desktop icons and no taskbar menus. Windows explorer is not working, there is no taskbar. ctrl+alt+del shows security options but when I choose taskbar it does not open any window. Any Help?????...