Windows 10: Taskbar minimized window issue

Discus and support Taskbar minimized window issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an issue which has been going on since beta win 10. If i have a minimized window open on the desk top I can not view it unless i minimize all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sparkysteve, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Taskbar minimized window issue

I have an issue which has been going on since beta win 10. If i have a minimized window open on the desk top I can not view it unless i minimize all other windows. It seems once my cursor crosses the top of the taskbar the window I am trying to get to closes, only way to get to it is to minimize all other windows and then I got get to it and then click on it?
    Same thing if I want to change the volume if I click on the taskbar the volume window will close once the cursor crosses the top of the taskbar? If i right click on the volume icon then I get the volume mixer and I am able to get to it to adjust? I keep thinking this is a bug that will get fixed, but never does. Thanks for any help.

Steve

:)

sparkysteve, Nov 22, 2015

2. Windows 10 & minimized pages. Where did they go?

So that's it? If we minimize it to the taskbar and then want to recall it, we have to R cl the taskbar > click show taskbar button > click on the minimized thing. No! I just want it minimized up to the taskbar and when I want it back, I click it. Is there
    no way to do this on Windows 10?

persimmon1, Nov 22, 2015
  3. NightSky1 Win User
    Can't restore the minimized window from taskbar if moe than one are open

Just had to re-install Creators Update as well and I don't have the functionality anymore and can't find it anywhere in settings pane.

NightSky1, Nov 22, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Taskbar minimized window issue

Try a different mouse perhaps?

Ztruker, Nov 23, 2015
  5. Thanks, But have tried both a corded and another wireless mouse.

sparkysteve, Nov 23, 2015
  6. PommieB Win User
    Might be time to back-up and a clean install of the latest win 10 download, unless there's a setting to make it act like that which I doubt. Have you tried re-booting a few times, it might settle down.

PommieB, Nov 23, 2015
  7. Thanks, But have a just done a clean install with media creation tool and still have problem. I'm thinking it must be either be the way I am using it or a setting. Sure drives me nuts. Thanks for your reply!

sparkysteve, Nov 23, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

What is the full model number. Inspiron 15? xxxx ???

Sounds like a video driver. Have you checked the Dell site for a Windows 10 driver for your specific laptop?

Ztruker, Nov 24, 2015
  9. Inspiron 15R 5537

And yes drivers have been all updated. The weird thing is it also happens on a Studio 15 that I have. Could it be caused by software? I have a few that are on both computers ie: Office 2010, Roboform, Chrome?

sparkysteve, Nov 24, 2015
  10. dalchina New Member
    Suggest you check what happens in
    a. Safe Mode
    b. after a clean boot
    c. with shell extensions disabled using shellexview (take care to hide all MS ones before disabling).

Roboform's fine on mine.

dalchina, Nov 24, 2015
  11. Need a little help with shellexview as I never used it before. So I want to select all non MS lines and then do the safe boot?

sparkysteve, Nov 25, 2015
  12. dalchina New Member
    Hi shellexview is a recommended very useful freeware program from Nirsoft. Very useful e.g. for debugging rt click problems.

It can be used in normal mode or safe mode. I suggest trying rebooting with just your startups diabled 1st, then addiitonally with shell extensions disabled using shellexview. If you disable some MS items with shellexview this can cause problems.

So look at its GUI, select hide MS items, then disable yours.

dalchina, Nov 25, 2015
  13. Taskbar minimized window issue

Ok been away for awhile. Did a restore to win 7 then upgraded to win 10 current version. All has been well and Windows 10 has been acting like it should, no mouse problems or open window issues, until I signed into my MS account? Now all is back to the same issues I had previously if I open a new window, i need to minimize all open windows before I can select it. Also when I click the volume or notification icon they close as soon as my mouse hits the top of the task bar? How can I revert to before I signed into MS?

Thanks

sparkysteve, Dec 3, 2015
  14. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar minimized window issue - Similar Threads - Taskbar minimized window

2. rtWLAN stuck to taskbar, minimized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rtWLAN stuck to taskbar, minimized: This has happened in the past a few times, but a restart would fix this issue. But Now rtWLAN refuses to leave the taskbar. When right-clicked, it does nothing. When hovered over the "window" is a void. I tried searching it in Task Manager to no avail. Actually, I can't seem...
  3. rtWLAN stuck to taskbar, minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rtWLAN stuck to taskbar, minimized: This has happened in the past a few times, but a restart would fix this issue. But Now rtWLAN refuses to leave the taskbar. When right-clicked, it does nothing. When hovered over the "window" is a void. I tried searching it in Task Manager to no avail. Actually, I can't seem...
  4. rtWLAN stuck to taskbar, minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar is behind minimized windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar is behind minimized windows: [ATTACH] This is really annoying. The problem is when windows aren't fullscreen. If I drag them down, they are on top of the taskbar. I took a screenshot of the problem to illustrate. The second problem is related- when I have the taskbar set to auto-hide (which I would...
  6. Shortcut to directly minimize current window to Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut to directly minimize current window to Taskbar?: I am using Windows 10 and would like to find a keyboard shortcut that I can macro to my mouse to minimize the current window I am looking at. I have tried windows + down but if the window is already maximized, this does not seem to work (you have to press it twice). Also, if...
  7. Minimize issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimize issues: windows 10 . When I minimize my edge browser page It restarts the page to the default. the other apps work fine and don't restart. this happens whenever I use the right hand corner minimize button....
  8. Minimize Chrome to taskbar with click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimize Chrome to taskbar with click: I have always been able to minimize applications to the taskbar when clicking on that icon on the taskbar but lately Google Chrome wouldn't (every thing else minimizes when clicking on it) I can click on the Chrome icon on the taskbar to open the browser but when I click on...
  9. Taskbar problems minimizing, switching, bringing window to front issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Taskbar problems minimizing, switching, bringing window to front issue: Okay... This is getting pretty frustrating. I can't multitask like before. Windows/programs/ don't come to the front when I click on their icons in the taskbar. Ex: I have Chrome, WordPad and File Explorer all on my taskbar. I click on File Explorer and it comes to...
  10. Why this happens? minimized to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Why this happens? minimized to taskbar: After updating to Win 10 Creator 1709 16299.64, I experienced the problem of applications like Firefox or Outlook suddenly switched to the task bar with program icon. I have to click on the icon to bring up the application. This happens a few time while using the program....