Windows 10: Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out)

Discus and support Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Have tried fixes as described in other posts. Tried enable_network_notification reg bat file. Task bar system icons for network and power are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cowboy stu, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out)

Hi
    Have tried fixes as described in other posts.
    Tried enable_network_notification reg bat file.
    Task bar system icons for network and power are greyed out.
    Internet working fine but says no connection... IPv4 & 6 not connected. ( ethernet connection)
    Seems to be since Win10 Ann update
    Any ideas please ?
    Thanks
    Stu

:)

cowboy stu, Aug 27, 2016
  2. Help_MeIT Win User

Taskbar Icons Missing/Greyed Out

Hello,

I've just turned on my computer and for some reason the screen refuses to show me the icons on the taskbar. I've never had this problem before, and I am still able to move my mouse over the taskbar so that different items will light up (but they're still
    missing the icons so I can't tell what programs I am moving my mouse over). The computer is NOT in tablet mode. The common Registry Hack failed to fix the problem, as I was never able to find the "TrayNotify" folder. Also, I've tried going into the settings
    menu to try and turn on notification icons, and I am unable to turn on the volume, clock, etc. icons. The only icons that currently show up are the "Task View" button, the notifications bubble, the "Touch Keyboard", and the calendar icon.

That's all the info I can give to help solve the problem without having to ask a bunch of questions. Any solutions?

Help_MeIT, Aug 27, 2016
  3. Taskbar Icons Missing/Greyed Out

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As per the description I understand that the Taskbar icons are missing. The issue might be caused due to corrupted System Files. I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run a SFC (System File Checker) scan.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      command prompt(admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
    • After the scan is complete, type “exit” and press Enter.

For more information about SFC scan, click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Method 2: Run the DISM Tool.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      command prompt(admin).
    • Type the following commands in command prompt one by one and press Enter after each command.
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 27, 2016
  4. Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out)

When "Diagnostic Policy Service" is not running, Windows fails to detect working network.
    It is not really a problem, but you can not login to MS account or use some apps because of that.
    Download WNn.bat and run it as admin. It resets network services and hopefully enables network icon.

TairikuOkami, Aug 29, 2016
  5. Did as suggested but no change. Still greyed out but internet connection good.
    Thanks .

cowboy stu, Aug 29, 2016
  6. Steve1970 Win User
    The solution that worked for me was to right click on the windows button, open run, type in msconfig.
    Click on services, check the box hide all microsft, then disable all and restart your computer.
    Hopefully this works for you *Wink

Steve1970, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out)

1. Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out) - Similar Threads - Taskbar network icon

2. Battery icon is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery icon is greyed out: I want to see my battery icon to keep on trackm but after some time it will go out and if I check the settings it is greyed out. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-is-greyed-out/9481ac50-05a4-4cdf-9e5e-430d2967ed75
  3. Taskbar Network Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Network Icon Missing: Today January 18th 2022 I started my PC and discovered the network icon has gone missing from the taskbar leaving only the sound icon. Can anybody help? I've attached what it looks like to help.I can connect via ethernet and Wi-Fi but things internet speed and general PC...
  4. Taskbar Network Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Network Icon Missing: Today January 18th 2022 I started my PC and discovered the network icon has gone missing from the taskbar leaving only the sound icon. Can anybody help? I've attached what it looks like to help.I can connect via ethernet and Wi-Fi but things internet speed and general PC...
  5. System icons on taskbar greyed out or disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    System icons on taskbar greyed out or disappeared: Hello, the last couple of days I am experiencing a very annoying problem. The right side of the taskbar, which includes all the system icons and date and time etc., keeps changing. And it is not in a good way at all. Most of the time it looks like this picture TB1:After I run...
  6. clock system icon is greyed out in taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    clock system icon is greyed out in taskbar settings: After the previous update I noticed that the clock icon is missing from the taskbar. So I went to `Taskbar Settings > Turn System icons on or off`. But I am not able to turn on the system icon for clock and action center since it is greyed out. I tried solutions from internet...
  7. Power Icon Missing: System Icon Greyed out - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Icon Missing: System Icon Greyed out - Windows 10: I recently updated my computer, and then had to fix some issues with it blue screening. Now my power Icon is missing and I can't turn it back on because it is greyed out. I really need it back, does anyone know how to fix this? and I am unable to find Windows Explorer...
  8. Taskbar option greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar option greyed out: I tried to find the English correspondent to that option and I guess that, due to its position, it's about the taskbar buttons badges. My system: [img] English version: [img] Any idea why it is greyed out? My system is Windows 10 Pro 1809 (17763.292). Thanks in...
  9. Network icon missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network icon missing from taskbar: there use to be a white dot on the bottom taskbar and clicking on it would make connection with the internet. Now I do not find that whit dot. What is the way, or icon that makes connection? ***Title modified from: I have difficulty signing onto the internet. Is there a...
  10. Can't connect to networks. Network icon on taskbar missing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to networks. Network icon on taskbar missing.: everything was working fine earlier today. I was playing GTA V online so I was definitely connected. when I exited the game, the network icon on the taskbar was gone. if I open the Notification Center and click network from there no available networks show up. in my settings,...