Windows 10: Taskbar network monitor problem

Discus and support Taskbar network monitor problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i have been using DU meter for a while now and have gotten very used to it. It puts a little Download/upload number in your windows taskbar like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dusty071, Aug 11, 2015.

1. dusty071 Win User

Taskbar network monitor problem

Hi, i have been using DU meter for a while now and have gotten very used to it. It puts a little Download/upload number in your windows taskbar like so:

Taskbar network monitor problem [​IMG]

When i upgraded to windows 10 i immediately installed it and have been using it for a few weeks successfully, but then the toolbar which shows the network activity disappeared and i cannot bring it back. I can right click the taskbar>Toolbars>DU Meter but nothing happens. I reinstalled du meter (which still works fine if i open it) but it didnt fix it. I have no idea what i did to break the toolbar. If someone knows how to bring it back please help. Thanks

:)

dusty071, Aug 11, 2015

2. How to show video clips on my schools projector in extend mode?

Taskbar is now shown on all monitors by default. With multiple monitors attached, Windows 10 will draw the taskbar across each monitor. By default, all taskbar icons are displayed on the main monitor and a blank taskbar on the other monitors. To configure
    the taskbar for multiple monitors using Taskbar Properties:

Open Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar

Under Multiple display, toggle 'Show taskbar on all displays.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Pin To Taskbar with multiple monitors does not work - can only pin to primary monitor

Hi Navneet,

I performed the steps with no errors and rebooted. Results are the same.

Perhaps I should try to clarify the issue a bit.

Current setup:

- Windows 10 Pro with Quad monitor setup

* Xeon E3-1276 @3,60GHz, 20GB RAM

* Dual nVidia Quadro K620 video cards (4 monitors)

- Under Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, I have the following setting:

* Show taskbar on all displays

* Show taskbar buttons on: Taskbar where window is open

* Buttons on other taskbars: Always combine, hide labels

I will use IE as the example here. By default, IE is pinned to the taskbar on the primary monitor/display.

On the primary monitor taskbar, if you right-click on IE the option "Unpin this program from the taskbar" is present.

Likewise, if I unpin IE from here (primary monitor) and re-open IE, I can right-click on the taskbar icon and select "Pin this program to the taskbar".

If IE is pinned to the taskbar and I move the open IE window to another monitor, here is what happens:

The IE taskbar icon is now present on BOTH the primary monitor and secondary monitor, even though the IE window is open only on the secondary monitor.

When right-click on the IE icon in the secondary monitor, there are no unpin or pin options available - those options are present ONLY on the primary monitor.

If you close and reopen IE from the primary monitor taskbar icon, it will reopen to the monitor it was last on (secondary in this example), but that is not the issue for me; taskbar icon location is the problem.

Similarly, if any application is opened on another screen, it must be move to the primary monitor to be able to pin it to the taskbar.

This was not the case in Windows 8.x - applications could be pinned to any (specific) monitor taskbar and appeared only on the monitor to which it was pinned.

So if I have, say, 20 taskbar items pinned - I cannot have 5 on each respective monitor;

they can only be "pinned" to the primary monitor, thus filling the taskbar. Far from ideal...

Evan Leonard, Aug 11, 2015
  4. TechXero Win User

I am having same issue here since update to 7.09 xD

TechXero, Aug 18, 2015
  5. Hydranix Win User
    So the taskbar meter appears when you manually run the program?

Hydranix, Aug 18, 2015
  6. TechXero Win User
    No, nothing happens when I run app... It just refuses to show xD

TechXero, Aug 18, 2015
  7. dusty071 Win User
    The rest of the program works just fine, it goes into tray bar when i start it up, i can click its options, i can even open the window that shows network speeds, etc. It does everything else that Du meter is supposed to. Only the little toolbar refuses to open. No matter how many times i "right click on taskbar>toolbar>DU meter" the toolbar does not come up... I tried reinstalling du meter a couple of times, i tried messing with services even though they all work fine, i tried using the options inside DU meter to bring the toolbar back but nothing works. I figure one of the automatic updates broke it since it just stopped showing one day.

dusty071, Aug 18, 2015
  8. Taskbar network monitor problem

I have the same issue, and it happened when I upgraded DU Meter to 7.09. I noticed that the earlier version was working fine, but as soon as I upgraded, I can't see the toolbar and can't enable it either.

fello33126, Aug 19, 2015
  9. TechXero Win User
    Issue solved !!!

Just e-mailed Devs of DU-Meter, and got following reply which fixed the issue...

All is great once again *Wink

TechXero, Aug 22, 2015
  10. dusty071 Win User
    Well installing over the current files didnt fix it for me. But i guess i will wait for the program update.

dusty071, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar network monitor problem - Similar Threads - Taskbar network monitor

2. Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar: Hi.I would really appreciate more taskbar positioning options for the taskbar in Windows 11. I would really like to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar. If it is possible to do, I would really appreciate to know how. I already...
  3. Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar: Hi.I would really appreciate more taskbar positioning options for the taskbar in Windows 11. I would really like to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar. If it is possible to do, I would really appreciate to know how. I already...
  4. windows search bar, taskbar, and monitor hotkey problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows search bar, taskbar, and monitor hotkey problem: Hello, I accidentally ended windows explorer task on windows 10 a few days ago. I can't quite remember what I did, but the windows explorer is back and working but with an extra problem. My pc started to refresh every time I tried to close/open any application from my...
  5. Dual Monitors Taskbar Problem - Taskbar moves from secondary to primary monitor on wake

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitors Taskbar Problem - Taskbar moves from secondary to primary monitor on wake: I'm running dual monitors (1440p main, 1080p secondary) and I want my taskbar positioned on my secondary monitor. After the computer wakes up from sleeping the taskbar is always repositioned back to the primary monitor. 1) I will not reassign my 1440p main display to be the...
  6. Fix taskbar on monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix taskbar on monitor: I see people saying you need to change the resolution but i tried that and it did nothing, this is what my task bar looks like. What can i do? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-taskbar-on-monitor/8de03e4d-4b73-4649-b57c-0cc6d166a475
  7. Taskbar Problems - Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Problems - Dual Monitors: I just added a second monitor to my setup. The second one has the taskbar disabled for simplicity. The taskbar on the main monitor is now extremely slow when right-clicking clicking an app and when pressing "close window" after right-clicking an app very often nothing happens...
  8. Taskbar on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar on multiple monitors: My work computer was recently upgraded to windows 10. On previous version I used a 3rd party software to extend the taskbar onto 2nd monitor. I liked that ONLY those active tasks displayed on the 2nd monitor, since I do not want icons for tasks opened on primary monitor...
  9. a network problem in resource monitor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a network problem in resource monitor: in network resource monitor , adress network this is ( desktop-mjnd10a) what is it desktop-mjnd10a ؟ please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/a-network-problem-in-resource-monitor/2be7bfae-f224-4903-87b5-4b573e8edc84
  10. Multi-monitor taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-monitor taskbar: Is there a way to duplicate the taskbar to my second monitor? Right now, there are no toolbars, notification icons, search or date/clock. thanks. 10480

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network monitor by rackey how to fix to taskbar or desk top windows 8