Windows 10: Taskbar not populating

Discus and support Taskbar not populating in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, I have a user whose Office shortcuts in the taskbar are not persistent. I use an AutoIt script to recreate the shortcuts if they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aleph01, Jun 29, 2017.

1. aleph01 Win User

Taskbar not populating

Greetings,

I have a user whose Office shortcuts in the taskbar are not persistent. I use an AutoIt script to recreate the shortcuts if they are missing. The shortcuts appear in the folder (%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar) but are not populated to the taskbar, even after she logs off and back on. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

:)

aleph01, Jun 29, 2017

2. Build 14271 - dual display - taskbar problem with auto hide on

Just been upgraded to 14271 and now the taskbar on my laptop display is blank if I have auto hide turned on. The taskbar top edge is shown but the actual desktop is visible through the taskbar area and there are no icons displayed. The taskbar on the
    second display is populated properly. Is there a fix please?

df64e225-1fd1-47da-91d8-004e3c5fc2bf, Jun 29, 2017
  3. Taldren Win User
    Update KB4054517 causes constant application crashes.

UPDATE:

I believe I found an out. I went into my Taskbar settings and enabled and disabled "People" ... after doing that the people icon stopped trying to populate on my taskbar and the desktop stops crashing/restarting.

Taldren, Jun 29, 2017
  4. daikin990 Win User

Taskbar not populating

You can try to restart Explorer.exe

1.Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys simultaneously.
    2. Once you have it open, click on File and then Run New Task or New Task (Run).
    3. Type in explorer.exe and press Enter.
    This will restart the explorer process and hopefully get you back your taskbar

daikin990, Jun 30, 2017
  5. aleph01 Win User
    Thanks for the reply, Daikin990. I can try that when I'm able, but I'm not hopeful. I've already had the user log off and back on again which should have restarted Windows Explorer without satisfaction. The task bar is displayed, just the shortcuts aren't.

aleph01, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar not populating

1. Taskbar not populating - Similar Threads - Taskbar populating

2. Can’t open the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t open the taskbar: I can't open or click any icons on my taskbar after I installed the recent update. Please help me to fix this immediately! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-the-taskbar/fc8e07d8-ddba-4aa5-a516-cc15deba5b53
  3. Can’t open the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t open the taskbar: I can't open or click any icons on my taskbar after I installed the recent update. Please help me to fix this immediately! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-the-taskbar/fc8e07d8-ddba-4aa5-a516-cc15deba5b53
  4. Can’t open the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load: Yo my pc wont shut down I tried through windows and even the button on the case but it wont work Settings doesnt load And i had a black screen Now home button doesnt work, task bar wont show up, and wallpaper is just black I have 2 lights on my case next to the power button...
  6. My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load

My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load: Yo my pc wont shut down I tried through windows and even the button on the case but it wont work Settings doesnt load And i had a black screen Now home button doesnt work, task bar wont show up, and wallpaper is just black I have 2 lights on my case next to the power button...
  7. Taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar issue: I run Windows 11. For the last couple of days I have come across an issue where the mouse cursor does not do anything when hovering over icons on the taskbar. Clicking also does nothing. For now, pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL is enough to fix it, however it would be nice to fix...
  8. Taskbar issue

Taskbar issue: I run Windows 11. For the last couple of days I have come across an issue where the mouse cursor does not do anything when hovering over icons on the taskbar. Clicking also does nothing. For now, pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL is enough to fix it, however it would be nice to fix...
  9. Taskbar Preview Windows Not Populating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Preview Windows Not Populating Windows 10: Hello recently I have been having a problem with taskbar preview windows not populating. The problem is persistent but intermittent, sometimes they appear and fucntion properly, sometime they don't. Really appreciate any help with this. Thanks in advance. Windows 10 HP Envy...
  10. Buttons not showing up on taskbar and icons not populating in explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Buttons not showing up on taskbar and icons not populating in explorer: Hello, I've got a problem with my task bar. I have programs pinned to it and others open but only explorer and chrome are showing up. All other programs are just blank spaces, whether they are just open or also pinned to the bar. Also, in Explorer I'm having an issue...