Windows 10: Taskbar not working

Discus and support Taskbar not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy. So, uh, my taskbar doesn't work. No window titles, no time/date, and the Start button does nothing when I click it. No sound from my laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by homanthere, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Taskbar not working

Howdy.

So, uh, my taskbar doesn't work. No window titles, no time/date, and the Start button does nothing when I click it. No sound from my laptop, either.

Sometimes when I go to shut down, it won't. Just be stuck on the "shutting down" screen. I have to unplug the laptop, but when starting back up, my taskbar and sound are okay. But if I have a normal shutdown and startup, my taskbar and sound are out again.

I've had the taskbar problem since I switched to Win10 last year, but it only happened occasionally, instead of being the default state like it is now. Any ideas?

:)

homanthere, Jun 3, 2016

2. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

my camera ids not working

camera not working, Jun 3, 2016
  3. Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones

Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones so why is it still on markeplace and is Microsoft going to stand up for us now that all they care about is android and Iphone

SKYFIRE NOT WORKING, Jun 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Taskbar not working

dalchina, Jun 3, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    My suggestion will be to do a Repair Install.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
    It will allow you to keep your files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.

davidhk, Jun 3, 2016
  6. Far as I can tell, it worked! Thanks a lot!

homanthere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar not working

1. Taskbar not working - Similar Threads - Taskbar working

2. Not working taskbar and search bar and start menu and all on the right of taskbar not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not working taskbar and search bar and start menu and all on the right of taskbar not...: Hello, i have a bad, bad, bad news.My taskbar not working, when i click on something on right of it it not work, but opens apps on taskbar as well as before.Them most needed part of Every windows that have Start button, Start button and Start menu... NOT WORK.Search bar too...
  3. Not working taskbar and search bar and start menu and all on the right of taskbar not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not working taskbar and search bar and start menu and all on the right of taskbar not...: Hello, i have a bad, bad, bad news.My taskbar not working, when i click on something on right of it it not work, but opens apps on taskbar as well as before.Them most needed part of Every windows that have Start button, Start button and Start menu... NOT WORK.Search bar too...
  4. Not working taskbar and search bar and start menu and all on the right of taskbar not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows taskbar right click icon’s not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taskbar right click icon’s not working: The taskbar icons when I right click won’t work since I recently uninstalled the latest update and did a restore point but didn’t show anything when I right click them, I even tried restarting it but nothing. Can someone help me?...
  6. Windows taskbar right click icon’s not working

Windows taskbar right click icon’s not working: The taskbar icons when I right click won’t work since I recently uninstalled the latest update and did a restore point but didn’t show anything when I right click them, I even tried restarting it but nothing. Can someone help me?...
  7. My taskbar is missing and the system setting wont even open. Tried some fixes but didn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is missing and the system setting wont even open. Tried some fixes but didn't work: Just 2 days ago my laptop is doing fine until the next I opened it and notice that the taskbar is missing. When I hover over where the taskbar is supposed to be located, the mouse icon would only show a loading state. I also cannot open the system settings at this point also...
  8. My taskbar is missing and the system setting wont even open. Tried some fixes but didn't work

My taskbar is missing and the system setting wont even open. Tried some fixes but didn't work: Just 2 days ago my laptop is doing fine until the next I opened it and notice that the taskbar is missing. When I hover over where the taskbar is supposed to be located, the mouse icon would only show a loading state. I also cannot open the system settings at this point also...
  9. Start Menu and Taskbar Not Working After Feb 2024 Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu and Taskbar Not Working After Feb 2024 Windows Update: Hey there, I have an issue. My laptop auto-updated on 29/02/2024 and when I woke up in the morning, the taskbar and Start menu weren't working. I can't get to Windows settings either. The only thing I have access to is File Explorer and the apps that have icons on my desktop....
  10. Start Menu and Taskbar Not Working After Feb 2024 Windows Update

Start Menu and Taskbar Not Working After Feb 2024 Windows Update: Hey there, I have an issue. My laptop auto-updated on 29/02/2024 and when I woke up in the morning, the taskbar and Start menu weren't working. I can't get to Windows settings either. The only thing I have access to is File Explorer and the apps that have icons on my desktop....