Windows 10: Taskbar now has a scroll arrow, why?

Discus and support Taskbar now has a scroll arrow, why? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I moved my taskbar to the left side a couple months ago, today it added a scroll arrow to it and displays 3 icons in the "other column. If I expand the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ruggb, Feb 13, 2017.

1. ruggb Win User

Taskbar now has a scroll arrow, why?

I moved my taskbar to the left side a couple months ago, today it added a scroll arrow to it and displays 3 icons in the "other column. If I expand the taskbar it does not place the 2nd column in the expansion. There is plenty of room in a single column for all the icons and the hidden task can no longer be accessed.
    I want my previous arrangement back. If I did something to precipitate this I am clueless.

FYI, I rebooted and it came back. I just love the way W10 takes these side trips. Keeps my blood pressure up.

:)

ruggb, Feb 13, 2017

2. Taskbar Scroll Bar Removal

Hi Nick,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the below mentioned steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty area of the Windows taskbar. Click to clear the checkmark from the "Lock the Taskbar" option if needed.
    • Then right-click an empty area of the taskbar, and then select "Properties."
    • Click to place a check in the "Group Similar Taskbar Buttons" box. Click "Apply" followed by "OK" to confirm the changes. This option combines multiple instances of the same application into a single taskbar button. If this does not remove the scroll arrows,
      continue to the next step.
    • Hover your mouse cursor over the border between the Windows taskbar and the desktop until a double-arrow icon replaces the standard pointer.
    • Click the taskbar border and drag it upward to double the height of the taskbar. Any icons on the second row will be displayed, and the scroll arrows will vanish.

Keep us posted for any concerns with windows, we're glad to assist you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 13, 2017
  3. Taskbar spacing

I am using Windows X. There is suddenly not enough room on the section of the taskbar that shows icons for pinned and open programs. I have to hit the scroll up or down arrows to see them all. There is space on the taskbar if I could expand this section.
    There is a symbol in that section that shows left and right arrows when I hover over it, but dragging it does nothing.

JohnChasnoff, Feb 13, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello ruggb, *Smile

This sounds like when you have Always show all icons in the notification area turned off to have some of them in the expansion arrow menu instead. If this is the case, you can turn this setting on to see all notification area icons without the arrow.

Notification Area Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10

Brink, Feb 13, 2017
  5. ruggb Win User
    thanks - but if this statement is correct:

If you choose to hide icons and notifications, you won't be notified about changes or updates for that app. To view hidden icons at any time, click the arrow next to the notification are on your taskbar.

W10 was just choosing to have a fit at my expense, because I could not view any hidden icon.

ruggb, Feb 13, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That would be for notices from the icon itself.

Do you have your settings set to always show all icons?

Brink, Feb 13, 2017
  7. ruggb Win User
    I think I do, Mine just shows each choice - I don't see one that is universal. But I never changed that either when it started or when I rebooted. So W10 just got lost.

ruggb, Feb 13, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 13, 2017
  9. ruggb Win User
    OK, we got off track here. The issue was that when W10 went on vacation the TASKBAR icons would not all appear on the TASKBAR. It required a scroll to another "page" to see some. Also, the hidden icons in the SYSTEM TRAY would not appear at all when the arrow was clicked. It was not due to something I changed, as it reset itself upon a reboot. Unlike when an 'upgrade" puts Edge back in charge of PDF files, it did not require that I change something to fix it.

ruggb, Feb 13, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ah, ok. I thought you were talking about the arrow you see in the taskbar notification area when you have Always show all icons in the notification area turned off.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar now has a scroll arrow, why? - Similar Threads - Taskbar has scroll

2. Arrow keys not scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys not scrolling: I know what you're thinking turn scroll-lock off it is I think I hit a button combination or something but when I do down or up arrow it does not scroll but picks individual things like when I try to scroll through google it just goes to each link....
  3. Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides: So i've seen this question posted a bunch on subreddits and even the official microsoft help pages and the answer is always just "lol use another app". This was literally working fine for me yesterday. submitted by /u/shmimshmam [link] [comments]...
  4. Arrow Keys scroll through text instead of scrolling smoothly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arrow Keys scroll through text instead of scrolling smoothly: My cat jumped on my keyboard and ever since then my arrows are refusing to scroll normally. They jump through text box to text box. The text is boxed and that flashing indication for typing appears as if I could edit the text. I tried fixing the scroll lock but saw no...
  5. My scroll arrows and tick missing why how to fix

My scroll arrows and tick missing why how to fix: replyyyyyyyyyyy plzzzzzzzzzzzz[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-scroll-arrows-and-tick-missing-why-how-to-fix/f1719081-8209-428a-a496-8802ca492199
  6. Scrolling Does Not Work With Mouse, Trackpad, or Arrows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling Does Not Work With Mouse, Trackpad, or Arrows: My windows 10 version is 1809. I developed a problem where I can't scroll. It just keeps going down but if I try to scroll up it will race back down again. This happens with the USB mouse, as well as when using the arrow on the trackpad by clicking it near the top of the...
  7. scroll arrows not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    scroll arrows not working: My scroll arrows do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-arrows-not-working/4678ac9a-baa0-4d16-93e8-34abbd7c06bb
  8. Shortcut has an arrow ... and now it does not

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut has an arrow ... and now it does not: When I have a shortcut on monitor 1 the icon has the usual shortcut arrow. When I move it to monitor 2 the icon no longer has an arrow. Why??? Here's a sample. Shortcut 1 is from monitor 1. Shortcut 2 is from monitor 2. [img] 125069
  9. White arrows on taskbar?

White arrows on taskbar?: I have these annoying white arrows pop up on my taskbar somehow and i can't figure how to get rid of them can anybody tell me how?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-arrows-on-taskbar/cac5a27f-4e83-46af-b07c-df092a731bec
  10. Notification Area Scroll Arrows

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area Scroll Arrows: I recently formatted my laptop and performed a fresh install of Windows 10. Everything was going well, until I noticed that when I have more than 4 icons in the Notification Area, I get scroll arrows to scroll left or right, instead of the Notification Area just resizing to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar scroll

2. why has my taskbar changed to scrolling

3. sage taskbar now has left right arrows?

4. i have a scroll up and down arrows on my task bar in microsoft,
  5. remove taskbar scroll,
  6. tadskbar has up down arrow,
  7. taskbar has scroll bar,
  8. scroll arrows on task bar in Windows 10,
  9. curor has changed to double arrow when on taskbar,
  10. taskbar shows scroll up and down,
  11. windows 10 taskbar scrolling arrows,
  12. why do i have to scroll to see all of my taskbar