Windows 10: Taskbar on Top of screen, cant add search box?

Discus and support Taskbar on Top of screen, cant add search box? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to have the search box show on the taskbar when the taskbar has been relocated to the top of the screen? All I can seem to figure out is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by neurogenesis, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Taskbar on Top of screen, cant add search box?

Is there a way to have the search box show on the taskbar when the taskbar has been relocated to the top of the screen? All I can seem to figure out is how to have an icon for search instead of the box actually in the taskbar.

:)

neurogenesis, Aug 3, 2015
  2. krose19 Win User

"Internet Explorer Search the Web" Bar (Not Inside Browser) Will Not Go Away

I have a search bar at the top of my screen. It wasn't there when first started the computer, but now it is. It has back page and forward page buttons, then a home page button, an Internet Explorer icon, a search bar, then Facebook, music, video, and game
    icons in that order. It is always there once I unlock the computer. Right clicking it does nothing. I tried removing add-ons from Internet Explorer. I tried fiddling with the taskbar settings, but those are only for the main taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
    Please help.

krose19, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Mike_793 Win User
    Desktop and taskbars problems

For some unknow reason we have 2 taskbars and 2 desktops on the same screen. On one taskbar the taskbar's icons are visible but not clickable. One set on icons belonging to one desktop are visible but not clickable we cant move them around the screen
    and have no control on them. The second taskbar is visible and clickable. The second set of icon belonging to the second desktop and clickable, movable etc...

To make it easier to run the computer and avoid to have the 2 taskbars one on another we have move one on top of the screen. The second taskbars remains at the bottom. We cant do nothing with it.

What can we do to remove one of the two environnement?

Mike_793, Aug 3, 2015
  4. mykou Win User

Taskbar on Top of screen, cant add search box?

Hi

I used to have my taskbar on top too and I can tell you can't do that there .

Maybe a fix from microsoft in further patch.

mykou, Sep 15, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar on Top of screen, cant add search box?

1. Taskbar on Top of screen, cant add search box? - Similar Threads - Taskbar Top screen

2. A shadow box on top of the search button on the taskbar that won't disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A shadow box on top of the search button on the taskbar that won't disappear: After upgrade to Win11, I find that when I mouse over the search button on the task bar, a shadow box appear, and it would not go away and that shadow area cannot mouse click over it , it will affect me to click over the application windows , I've tried on three computers and...
  3. A shadow box on top of the search button on the taskbar that won't disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A shadow box on top of the search button on the taskbar that won't disappear: After upgrade to Win11, I find that when I mouse over the search button on the task bar, a shadow box appear, and it would not go away and that shadow area cannot mouse click over it , it will affect me to click over the application windows , I've tried on three computers and...
  4. Removeal of the top search bar/box .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removeal of the top search bar/box .: Still cannot remove the top search bar/box . Instructions given do not work, I have a Dell computer. Can will someone please help and me remove this ungainly top search bar*moved from Community Participation Center...
  5. Search Box in the Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search Box in the Taskbar: I am not able to use the search box present in the taskbar,whenever i click on it nothing happens and it does not open, i have tried restarting windows explorer and have also repaired registry.Please Help as it is very annoying....
  6. Taskbar Search Box Not Working

Taskbar Search Box Not Working: I've been using Windows 10 on this laptop for a few years. Yesterday things seemed to have a bit of a meltdown, and I did a restart which took a LONG time. Now for my main Admin account the Taskbar Search box does not work. I don't even see SearchUI running for this user....
  7. Search box on taskbar

Search box on taskbar: Since the last update for WIndows Pro, the search box on the taskbar is no longer working. I can't type anything into it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-taskbar/b7e24968-dd0f-4cf8-909c-4b794a3ac4ba
  8. Search Box in taskbar not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Box in taskbar not working.: Yesterday my searchbox just kept closing whenever I tried to use ut. Tried re indexing it, resetting it, restart it, running the touble shooter, almost everything , but still it didnt get fixed TOday my search box just stopped working, no response when I click it,' Need...
  9. Search box on Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search box on Taskbar: Hello, Is there any way to change search engine from Bing to google in Windows 10 search box on the taskbar? I have read from other posts that it is possible you change bing to google in your browser, but it is not possible to change bing in the search box on the taskbar in...
  10. Search Box on Taskbar

in Cortana
    Search Box on Taskbar: Just updated Windows 10 and my Search Box on my Taskbar no longer functions--just a blank box. How can I recover my Search Utility? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-taskbar/38bb2870-91c0-4860-a66a-2398334a8f83"