Windows 10: Taskbar only comes up when on desktop.

Discus and support Taskbar only comes up when on desktop. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My taskbar only comes up as the title says when I am on the desktop. It wont show up when moused over while I am in any full screen window. Was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AxisSoul, Mar 4, 2018.

1. AxisSoul Win User

Taskbar only comes up when on desktop.

My taskbar only comes up as the title says when I am on the desktop. It wont show up when moused over while I am in any full screen window. Was wondering how to fix this. I dont see anything locked in the taskbar settings. Obviously for games thats normal but things like internet windows should allow this. It is multiple browsers and I cannot find anything in the browser settings. I am on Windows 10.

:)

AxisSoul, Mar 4, 2018
  2. alenin99 Win User

right click option is black and white

after some updates, when i right click anywhere in taskbar the options are in black, (usually it is white and black text, but mines opposite). but if i right click somewhere else like desktop or folder options, it shows normally (white and black). is there
    anyway to turn of the black and white option which comes up only when i right click on the taskbar, start menu.

alenin99, Mar 4, 2018
  3. ysk83 Win User
    Getting Taskbar Properties, Start Menu & Desktop Shortcuts to Appear

Hello -

Have a few questions.

How do I make Taskbar Menu Properties appear? Right now, when I right click on the taskbar nothing for the taskbar menu comes up.

Secondly, is there a way to revert back to a Windows 7 start menu?

Finally, how can I make my desktop shortcuts appear on a regular desktop? I see them for a few seconds then they disappear.

Thanks in advance!

Y.

ysk83, Mar 4, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Hi AxisSoul and welcome to Tenforums.

User usually ask for the opposite problem *Smile, that taskbar won't auto hide when full screen.

It is by design. If you are in Taskbar (even in browser - hitting F11), then Taskbar will autohide.

But check this tutorial, if it helps

tenforums | enable-disable-fullscreen-optimizations-windows-10

AndreTen, Mar 5, 2018
  5. AddRAM Win User
    Full screen mode is a beautiful thing *Biggrin

It does sound like an F11 thing, but wouldn`t you have to hit F11 in order for it to go to full screen every time you rebooted the PC ?

How are you closing full screen windows ?

AddRAM, Mar 5, 2018
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Try F11 again *Smile (or Esc)

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar only comes up when on desktop. - Similar Threads - Taskbar comes desktop

2. Why taskbar is not coming up when some app is open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why taskbar is not coming up when some app is open?: It has been a month since I am facing this problem with the taskbar.I use Windows 11 and I have set taskbar to "automatically hide the taskbar" setting. In this setting, the taskbar is hidden and when we hover our mouse to the taskbar, it comes up.But now, the taskbar is not...
  3. Why taskbar is not coming up when some app is open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why taskbar is not coming up when some app is open?: It has been a month since I am facing this problem with the taskbar.I use Windows 11 and I have set taskbar to "automatically hide the taskbar" setting. In this setting, the taskbar is hidden and when we hover our mouse to the taskbar, it comes up.But now, the taskbar is not...
  4. Taskbar only pops up when desktop is selected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar only pops up when desktop is selected: Usually, you can put your mouse at the bottom of the screen and taskbar pops up but the issue I'm having is that when I do this it does not pop up but only pops up if I'm on desktop and I want to make it so it pops up any time when your mouse gets to the bottom....
  5. Taskbar only pops up when desktop is selected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar only pops up when desktop is selected: Usually, you can put your mouse at the bottom of the screen and taskbar pops up but the issue I'm having is that when I do this it does not pop up but only pops up if I'm on desktop and I want to make it so it pops up any time when your mouse gets to the bottom....
  6. Can only click on taskbar or desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can only click on taskbar or desktop: I recently began having this strange issue where my computer will alternate between only allowing me to click on items in the task bar and items in the desktop but never both. Ive checked on other computers and my mouse is working fine is there any way to fix this?...
  7. Is it possible to hide the taskbar only on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to hide the taskbar only on the desktop?: title submitted by /u/Freegamefall [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7mwof/is_it_possible_to_hide_the_taskbar_only_on_the/
  8. can you only have the taskbar in the foreground when you are on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    can you only have the taskbar in the foreground when you are on the desktop?: Hey have a question and you can only have the taskbar in the foreground when you are on the desktop? and when you are in the browser is no longer in the foreground because I have my taskbar transparent, it looks a little stupid from http9://prntc/tg658 i want to have the...
  9. Is there any way to hide taskbar only when on desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to hide taskbar only when on desktop?: I think it would look really good with Wallpaper Engine and even regular wallpapers. submitted by /u/Ilija64 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g97umd/is_there_any_way_to_hide_taskbar_only_when_on/
  10. When pinning a website to taskbar in Edge why is it coming up in IE?

in Browsers and Email
    When pinning a website to taskbar in Edge why is it coming up in IE?: Hello everyone, First post here and thanks for allowing me to be a part of the community! My first question is while attempting to pin a website to the task bar in Edge I followed the directions and selected the "3 dots menu" and then selected "open with IE" option as...