Windows 10: Taskbar previews turn into blank icons after a while

Discus and support Taskbar previews turn into blank icons after a while in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought a new Asus laptop that came with Endless OS. I removed that & installed Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. This laptop came with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by downloaderfan, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Taskbar previews turn into blank icons after a while

I bought a new Asus laptop that came with Endless OS. I removed that & installed Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. This laptop came with a driver CD for Windows & I installed all drivers within it. Ever since I started using Windows on this laptop, my taskbar previews turn into icons after a while if I don't use those programs. They look like this. This happens for every program. Especially after resuming from sleep, taskbar previews from all programs turn into icons. My old lenovo laptop didn't have this problem. Does anyone know of a fix?

Windows 10 Pro v1709 build 16299.371
    Asus Vivobook R542U (Link)

:)

downloaderfan, Apr 28, 2018
  2. lacrumb Win User

Question

If you mean the icon on the Taskbar, right click a blank spot and the menu pops up and at the bottom is Taskbar settings. In the Notification area there is "Turn system icons on and off". Turn on the Power item.

If you mean in the Action Center Go Settings, System, Notifications, Add or remove quick actions.

lacrumb, Apr 28, 2018
  3. z242 Win User
    Task manager icon missing from Notification area

I had the same problem as well. I brought up the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, and on the Taskbar tab, at Notification area, I clicked Customize. I then clicked "Select which icons appear on the taskbar". Task Manager was listed and was turned on,
    but its icon was blank. I turned it off and turned it on again, closed and restarted Task Manager, and the little icon now appears in the notification area. Meanwhile, in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", Task Manager now shows its proper icon
    as well.

This worked exactly the same for another program whose icon wasn't showing up properly as well.

Thema:

Taskbar previews turn into blank icons after a while

1. Taskbar previews turn into blank icons after a while - Similar Threads - Taskbar previews turn

2. How do I turn off the taskbar icon preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off the taskbar icon preview: If I have multiple instances of the same application open, I would like each of them to have their own icon on my taskbar this was how older windows handled the extra instances Rather than having them combined into one icon and have to hover to see the preview of the...
  3. Blank Win11 Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Win11 Taskbar Icons: This has been an ongoing annoying problem since upgrading to Win11. Some of my taskbar icons show blank. see below 4th from left which should be showing the Windows Mail iconI've tried a number of troubleshooting efforts after Googling the problem but nothing seems to help,...
  4. Blank Win11 Taskbar Icons

Blank Win11 Taskbar Icons: This has been an ongoing annoying problem since upgrading to Win11. Some of my taskbar icons show blank. see below 4th from left which should be showing the Windows Mail iconI've tried a number of troubleshooting efforts after Googling the problem but nothing seems to help,...
  5. Blank Taskbar Icons after hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Taskbar Icons after hibernation: I migrated from Windows 10 to Windows 11, on a Dell Inspiron laptop, was successful. However after hibernation most of the taskbar icons are blank. They do exist as I can click on the blank space to activate each application. The "fix" is to restart File Explorer via the task...
  6. Blank Taskbar Icons after hibernation

Blank Taskbar Icons after hibernation: I migrated from Windows 10 to Windows 11, on a Dell Inspiron laptop, was successful. However after hibernation most of the taskbar icons are blank. They do exist as I can click on the blank space to activate each application. The "fix" is to restart File Explorer via the task...
  7. Blank icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank icon on taskbar: When ever I open any app not pinned to taskbar it displays blank icon instead of its real icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icon-on-taskbar/2d5ccfc2-598f-4155-bd95-33f10c7b785b
  8. Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app: [ATTACH] Hey, This blank icon appeared after i uninstalled spotify because it was acting up. The uninstallation process took a while, it seemed that it didn't want to uninstall so i restarted my laptop to see if it would help, and it did, the app is gone (i reinstalled...
  9. Blank icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank icons on the taskbar: There is a problem that happened to my computer just now. This also happened to my 2014 computer. Any help? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AefGYg88SyM Information on Winver: Microsoft Windows Version 10.0 Build 10240 c 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved....
  10. Edge icon blank in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge icon blank in taskbar: Any way to fix this easily please? [img] [img] Thanks 36195