Windows 10: Taskbar program Jump List disappears

Discus and support Taskbar program Jump List disappears in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro and I have somewhat of a quirky problem. My taskbar is at the bottom of the screen but I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mooch, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Mooch Win User

Taskbar program Jump List disappears

Hi,

I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro and I have somewhat of a quirky problem. My taskbar is at the bottom
    of the screen but I have it expanded to 2 rows, e.g. twice as "thick" vertically as the default. When I right-click on any pinned icons on the bottom row and move the mouse up vertically to access the jump list of that particular program, the jump list
    disappears. It seems to be a focus problem of sorts as if I resize the taskbar back to the default, the issue doesn't happen.

Taskbar program Jump List disappears [​IMG]

:)

Mooch, Dec 3, 2015
  2. psyvjor Win User

Quick Access is Always Empty and Can't Pin Folders + Taskbar Programs Menu Disappeared

Basically I can't pin anymore. I'm not getting an error when I pin. Whenever I pin it's not appearing in quick access. But it appears on the file explorer jump list on the taskbar. I already tried other solutions like emptying these locations:

• %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\
    • %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\
    • %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations\
    but it doesn't work, it only made things worse. The jump list menu disappeared for pinned programs, like chrome ("start in incognito mode" and the like menus disappeared when i right clicked programs on taskbar).

Now i have 2 problems, quick access won't show my pinned folders and taskbar menu disappeared.

psyvjor, Dec 3, 2015
  3. how to keep W7 start menu pinned items when upgrading to W10

Hi,
    Sorry for the late reply.

Answer for your question, “Windows 7 ability to pin recent opened items in jump lists is the fastest way to access your most used stuff, is this feature discontinued in W10?” “YES”

You have an option to pin the recent opened items in the jump lists. Windows 10 allows you to display the recent items starting from number 0 to 60. You can choose any number as per your preference and then you will be able to see that number of recent
    items on your Jump Lists. To quickly open any program, you can also use Quick Access on Windows 10.

It shows you the list of lately and repeatedly opened, mostly visited, tasks or pinned items of any pinned program or currently active program on the Taskbar. When you make a right click on any pinned item on the Taskbar or on any running program, you can
    see a list of certain items. Those items are different for files, folders, and websites. The pinned and recent items are visible in case of folders. You are also provided with the facility to pin the recent items. And the Jump Lists of file show you the recently
    used file along with an option to pin them to the taskbar. But the websites have different sections like most visited, recently closed, and tasks.

Note: The number of Jump Lists on windows 10 is 10 by default.

If you are facing issue with jump list/ or you want to have more than 10 jump list to be view on windows 10 after upgrading, I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the settings.
    How to Show Jump Lists on Start and Taskbar in Windows 10

1. Enter into the Settings app from the polished Start Menu.

2. Upon the emergence of the Settings app, click Personalization symbol.

3. Go to the last option on the left column and click Start.

4. The Start on the right pane showcases four option. Read the last one, Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or Taskbar.

5. To Show Jump Lists on Start and Taskbar in Windows 10, toggle it to On.

6. Now, right click on any opened program on Taskbar and you can see the Jump Lists.

7. On Start Menu, click on the arrow next to the program and its displays you the Jump Lists.

8. If you prefer not to see the Jump Lists, toggle it to off in the Start of Personalization category of Settings app.

9. Execute a right click on a program on Taskbar and you can no more see the Jump Lists items.

10. And have the option of changing the Jump lists ON or OFF.

Hope this information is more helpful. Please do let us know if

you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Dec 3, 2015
  4. Mooch Win User

Follow-up:

When auto-hide taskbar is enabled, the issue doesn't exist but it looks like the jump list is in the foreground which is probably why it works as expected.

Taskbar program Jump List disappears [​IMG]

Mooch, Dec 3, 2015
  5. Mooch Win User
    I finally resolved this. I have "Ultimate Windows Tweaker" installed and there are TaskBar settings under Customization.
    One of them is labeled "Delay Time" which was set to "1". I moved the slider a bit to "108" and all is well. Being curious as to what registry entry this pertained to, I ran "Process Monitor" on the "Ultimate Windows Tweaker" process and was able to find the general registry location which pointed me to this.

Adjust Taskbar Preview Hover Delay

Thanks,

Lou

Mooch, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar program Jump List disappears - Similar Threads - Taskbar program Jump

2. Windows Explorer Jump list shortcuts disappear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Jump list shortcuts disappear.: There is currently an issue where the Jump List quick access disappears for unknown reasons. Unfortunately, the error has not been identified so far. Deleting the contents in the "AutomaticDestination" and "CustomDestination" folders did not resolve the issue.I wonder....-...
  3. Windows Explorer Jump list shortcuts disappear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Jump list shortcuts disappear.: There is currently an issue where the Jump List quick access disappears for unknown reasons. Unfortunately, the error has not been identified so far. Deleting the contents in the "AutomaticDestination" and "CustomDestination" folders did not resolve the issue.I wonder....-...
  4. Taskbar jump list entries do nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar jump list entries do nothing.: Taskbar jump list entries do nothing... This is a very old problem but no fixes for me. Tried flipping the switch back and forth, Created entry in the registry. As MS suggested back in 2017, no help....
  5. Taskbar jump list entries do nothing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar jump list entries do nothing.: Taskbar jump list entries do nothing... This is a very old problem but no fixes for me. Tried flipping the switch back and forth, Created entry in the registry. As MS suggested back in 2017, no help....
  6. Taskbar Jump List - Get it Back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Jump List - Get it Back: Since the taskbar jump list (recent files) has been removed, is there some registry edits that can be made to return the functionality/ submitted by /u/super_delegate [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fclp1k/taskbar_jump_list_get_it_back/
  7. Disable Jump List per program?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Jump List per program?: Is it possible to disable start menu jump lists per program? For example, I prefer to see a jump list of recent Excel files for ease of access to actively used spreadsheets. However, I prefer not to see jump lists of recent 7z files or media I've opened in PotPlayer. All...
  8. Is it possible to edit the Taskbar Jump List information?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to edit the Taskbar Jump List information?: I reconfigured my Windows 10 computer and changed "My Documents" to "Documents". After restoring my JumpList items I noticed that they refer to "My Documents" instead of "Documents" so they no longer work....
  9. Taskbar Jump List Files Slow to Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Jump List Files Slow to Open: If I click on an app pinned to the taskbar it loads straight away. If I right click the app and click on a pinned file it takes 20 secs to load the app....
  10. List of Programs disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    List of Programs disappeared: How do i get my list of programs back on Windows 10? When I click on the icon on the bottom left (looks like a window pane) nothing happens. Before, my list of programs appeared. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome taskbar jump list disappeared