Windows 10: Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

Discus and support Taskbar refuses to auto-hide in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Under "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" I have checked the box labeled "Auto-hide the taskbar", but it doesn't hide itself nor can I move it down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VillageIdiot, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

Under "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" I have checked the box labeled "Auto-hide the taskbar", but it doesn't hide itself nor can I move it down using the arrows. What can I do to fix this problem.

There was another thread about this problem but it was last commented on more than a year ago and nobody had figured it out.

Thank you

:)

VillageIdiot, Sep 17, 2016
  2. Gina_on_the_thread, Sep 17, 2016
  3. Can you hide the taskbar in windows 10?

It refuses to hide because you have something active on the taskbar. My main culprit was OneDrive trying to pull pictures from my phone. If it was active, it wouldn't auto hide.

spcstruck11778, Sep 17, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

its changed since the anniversary update , right click taskbar select settings and its "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" theres a tablet mode switch too , see if that works

Archie123, Sep 17, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 17, 2016
  6. mrenz Win User
    mrenz, Sep 18, 2016
  7. I opened "File Explorer window" but no "task manager" listed anywhere.

I'm starting to think I have Windows 9 1/2 because I don't have what Windows 10 is supposed to have.

Village Idiot

VillageIdiot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

1. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide - Similar Threads - Taskbar refuses auto

2. Taskbar Refuses To Hide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Refuses To Hide: I cannot see the bottom of my applications because my taskbar isn't hiding. I have checked everything, my notifications are off, I have it set to auto-hide, and many other things, but it just won't hide. I am running Windows 11 Home Version 22H2. Please help, I am unable to...
  3. Taskbar Refuses To Hide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Refuses To Hide: I cannot see the bottom of my applications because my taskbar isn't hiding. I have checked everything, my notifications are off, I have it set to auto-hide, and many other things, but it just won't hide. I am running Windows 11 Home Version 22H2. Please help, I am unable to...
  4. Auto-hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-hide taskbar: O/S 10.0.18363.836 Device HP laptop 17" May 2020 not touch screen In Tablet mode taskbar won't auto-hide, even though I have set it to do so in 'settings', also set for auto-hide for desktop, which it does do, but not in Tablet mode. Have restarted, but still won't work,...
  5. Taskbar won't auto hide

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar won't auto hide: I try'd Taskbar settings, and I try'd to reset windows explorer both did not work. submitted by /u/lostFate95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enym5v/taskbar_wont_auto_hide/
  6. Taskbar auto-hide fail

Taskbar auto-hide fail: Very often or so it happens that the auto-hide feature of taskbar stops working, and that too, happens only partially. Which means that the taskbar does not go back in after the cursor is moved away from it nor does the windows get smaller to compensate for the extra space...
  7. taskbar auto hide not working

taskbar auto hide not working: tried settings, but taskbar will not stay on auto hide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-auto-hide-not-working/e428f448-a6ba-4c45-92f8-08d2b65531b4
  8. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351
  9. Auto hide taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto hide taskbar problems: My taskbar (desktop mode) would not hide. I created a virtual desktop (Windows key + Ctrl +d) just to see what that is. Now auto hide works in both desktops*Smile 28317
  10. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar refuses to auto-hide: I did some poking around, and this thread comes close, but nothing listed there had any affect at all. When I am running an app in a full-screen windowed, I can sometimes make it hide by Alt-tabbing to the program. (Even though the program was already in focus.) Pretty...