Windows 10: Taskbar remove hidden icons

Discus and support Taskbar remove hidden icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear folks In the snapshot attached if I want how can I remove hidden icons in the task bar ? Thanks [img] 101102 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zillah, Dec 26, 2017.

1. zillah Win User

Taskbar remove hidden icons

Dear folks

In the snapshot attached if I want how can I remove hidden icons in the task bar ?

Thanks
    Taskbar remove hidden icons [​IMG]

:)

zillah, Dec 26, 2017

2. "Safely remove hardware" icon not showing on taskbar

Windows 10 Version 1607 on a Tower PC

In Settings "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" I have set ON "Safely remove hardware and eject media" (*). The Taskbar is not locked. When I plug in a USB memory stick, the icon does NOT appear on the taskbar. If I click on the "Hidden icons" up-arrow,
    the icon is in the hidden icons box. What do I need to do to make the icon appear on the taskbar and not in the hidden icons box on this PC ?

(*) Please note that on other Windows 10 PCs that I have checked, with this same setting, the icon does appear on the taskbar and not in the hidden icons box.

Ron

Ron Hewett, Dec 26, 2017
  3. Why Does My PC Freeze After Unplugging My Phone (N97)

Win 7 safely remove hardware

Taskbar in the folder show hidden icons srh has a green tick

jje

jjegan---01, Dec 26, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Dec 26, 2017
  5. zillah Win User
    Thx Eagle
    I went in rush through the tutorial in the link that you have pointed to
    I am looking to remove those icons from the task bar not hide them as they are hidden already (except network icon and audio) as per the snapshot below :
    Imgur: The magic of the Internet

zillah, Dec 26, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    My bad, you meant those specific ones...
    Couple of those run at startup (Windows Defender & OneDrive). I don't think you can just remove the tray icon, you have to stop them from running at startup ... Check Task Manager > Start Up > Right Click on each and disable
    Ccleaner - check it's options, I believe has an option to turn it's tray icon on/off
    Intel Graphics - check it's options, it has an option to turn it's tray icon on/off

Eagle51, Dec 26, 2017
  7. spunk Win User
    Go to Settings/Personalization/Taskbar/Notifications area/Select which icons appear on the taskbar

spunk, Dec 26, 2017
  8. zillah Win User

Noted
    Thanks for sharing

zillah, Dec 26, 2017
  9. Hi @zillah
    For VLC you can check and untick from preferences as shown below:

For Avast you can't do much since it must run at startup.
    The USB safely remove hardware icon you just need to unplug the USB device.

Ivan Petrov, Dec 26, 2017
  10. zillah Win User
    Thanks for that
    Learned something new about VLC

zillah, Dec 26, 2017
  11. You are most welcome! Glad that I helped a bit ...

Ivan Petrov, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar remove hidden icons - Similar Threads - Taskbar remove hidden

2. Taskbar hidden icons issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden icons issue: Did Windows 11 upade last night and my taskbar hidden looks like in screenshot, not ahuge issue, but it is kinda annoying, Can I fix that sorry for my english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-hidden-icons-issue/6d6c3987-1872-4059-944f-8fd258c95b1d
  3. Taskbar hidden icons issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar hidden icons issue: Did Windows 11 upade last night and my taskbar hidden looks like in screenshot, not ahuge issue, but it is kinda annoying, Can I fix that sorry for my english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-hidden-icons-issue/6d6c3987-1872-4059-944f-8fd258c95b1d
  4. Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar

Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar: Hi,I updated Windows 11 to 22610.1 ni_release yesterday, since then I lost the "^" in taskbar that is for the hidden icon menu. I tried the toggle button in the taskbar setting, but the toggle does nothing.I tried the restart the computer without fast startup, it didn't...
  5. Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons''

Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons'': Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  6. Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons'': Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  7. Hidden icons in taskbar.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden icons in taskbar.: All of a sudden my taskbar hidden icons folder is filling with red X marked icons. New one every 10-15 seconds! Only one visible in taskbar itself. If I click up arrow on taskbar to make them all visible I can just wave my mouse pointer around them and they disappear in no...
  8. Difrent icons on hidden taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Difrent icons on hidden taskbar: As you can see...……. any ideas? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difrent-icons-on-hidden-taskbar/b0d3cc8a-9854-4cbf-aa64-58c7941caf4d
  9. How to remove hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove hidden icons: ok so i have googled this problem but all i can find is several different links on how to choose what icons that appeasr on your taskbar and thats not what i wanna do. i wanna close down or at least hide the programs that i have in my hidden icons area how do i do that?...
  10. Always show hidden icons on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Always show hidden icons on taskbar?: Does anyone know how to customise the behaviour of icons so they always show in the taskbar? [img] 5235