Windows 10: Taskbar Right click menus disappear before you can access them

Discus and support Taskbar Right click menus disappear before you can access them in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The taskbar has some powerful features that have become almost indispensable. [img] Right click gives you a menu. In the past I've just used my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tgondolfi, Sep 23, 2016.

1. tgondolfi Win User

Taskbar Right click menus disappear before you can access them

The taskbar has some powerful features that have become almost indispensable.

Taskbar Right click menus disappear before you can access them [​IMG]

Right click gives you a menu. In the past I've just used my mouse to roll up to the item I need and click to access. NOW if I roll my mouse up to the menu, as soon as I am off the taskbar icon the menu disappears (about 90% of the time).

I can access the menu (assuming I keep my cursor on the taskbar icon) with my up/down arrow keys but this is like stopping typing to write down a sticky note with a pen -- highly inefficient.

How can I get mouse access back?

I've not found anywhere that anyone has talked about this. I can find no control panel or registry values that would obviously affect this.

Note: If I create a new account on this same computer there is not a problem with mouse access so this is likely not a virus (and I do carry an up to date virus checker)

:)

tgondolfi, Sep 23, 2016
  2. Argel Obm Win User

windows 10 update and my mail icon disappeared

Hi,

We need to clarify a few information first for us to better understand your taskbar apps concern. Please answer the following:

• Are Mail and Microsoft Store the only ones that disappeared on the task bar?
    • Can you still access the Start Menu? If so, can open Mail or Microsoft Store through the Start Menu?
    • If you still have applications left on the taskbar, can you still open or access those apps?

If you can access these two applications in the Start Menu, you can pin them back to the taskbar by following these steps:

• Right-click the application.
    • Hover your mouse on More.
    • Click Pin to taskbar.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Sep 23, 2016
  3. ysk83 Win User
    Getting Taskbar Properties, Start Menu & Desktop Shortcuts to Appear

Hello -

Have a few questions.

How do I make Taskbar Menu Properties appear? Right now, when I right click on the taskbar nothing for the taskbar menu comes up.

Secondly, is there a way to revert back to a Windows 7 start menu?

Finally, how can I make my desktop shortcuts appear on a regular desktop? I see them for a few seconds then they disappear.

Thanks in advance!

Y.

ysk83, Sep 23, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar Right click menus disappear before you can access them

1. Taskbar Right click menus disappear before you can access them - Similar Threads - Taskbar Right click

2. Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop: Hi,I've upgrade one of our employee's computer from win 10 to win 11 last week. At first, everything worked fine but after a few days, all the taskbar icons are gone. The system tray icons still working, the taskbar line still there too, but the icons include window icon all...
  3. Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop: Hi,I've upgrade one of our employee's computer from win 10 to win 11 last week. At first, everything worked fine but after a few days, all the taskbar icons are gone. The system tray icons still working, the taskbar line still there too, but the icons include window icon all...
  4. Taskbar popups disappear before I can act on them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar popups disappear before I can act on them: If I have multiple windows of, for example, my browser open not tabs, they appear on the taskbar as a single icon. If I hover on that icon, thumbnails of the windows appear above the taskbar and I can then click on the relevant thumbnail to bring that window to...
  5. Taskbar popups disappear before I can act on them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar popups disappear before I can act on them: If I have multiple windows of, for example, my browser open not tabs, they appear on the taskbar as a single icon. If I hover on that icon, thumbnails of the windows appear above the taskbar and I can then click on the relevant thumbnail to bring that window to...
  6. win 10 menu items disappear before i can click on them

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 menu items disappear before i can click on them: menu items will not stay long enough for me to act on it unless I press the shift key at same time. the mouse is within the menu when menu disappears. i have a logitech wireless mouse which some microsoft querries tell me is relevant, but i haven't been able to correct...
  7. Context menus are fuzzy when right clicking certain icons on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Context menus are fuzzy when right clicking certain icons on taskbar.: I'm running Windows 10 1909. I have the Windows Defender icon in my lower right taskbar. When I right click it to do a scan or view the security dashboard, all of the text is fuzzy, not sharp. The other icons like sound and ethernet have sharp text when right clicked. I have...
  8. Taskbar "right click" context menus disappear after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar "right click" context menus disappear after 1903 update: The right click context menus disappear after I upgraded to Win 10 1903. This seems like a common theme for all recent 7+ versions post updates. I have read every article. 1) It is not corrupted system files, or at least a through check and resolve of these does not fix...
  9. Text in right click menus on taskbar missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Text in right click menus on taskbar missing: I think this is related to tiles disappearing on the start menu. It feels like a graphic bug. But I'm not sure. [img] 25411
  10. White boxes for right click menus?

in Windows 10 Support
    White boxes for right click menus?: http://puu.sh/jjjOl/869ebbd62a.png The bottom right box is me right clicking the Speakers or Network icons. I can click in it and it still works but it's just annoying knowing that it's not working properly. Anyone else have this problem or perhaps a solution for it? 10411

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i click on some menus they disappear