Windows 10: Taskbar set to auto hide in desktop mode sometimes decides to revert to normal behavior...

Discus and support Taskbar set to auto hide in desktop mode sometimes decides to revert to normal behavior... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I usually set my taskbar to be hidden when in desktop mode. Sometimes after a restart, this reverts to what Microsoft sets as OOBE behavior. Not really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rod6700, May 27, 2024.

1. Taskbar set to auto hide in desktop mode sometimes decides to revert to normal behavior...

I usually set my taskbar to be hidden when in desktop mode. Sometimes after a restart, this reverts to what Microsoft sets as OOBE behavior. Not really a major issue as much an irritant. Found a lot of post regarding the opposite problem, but nothing regarding this problem. Am I the only person in the world hiding my taskbar in regular usage?

submitted by /u/rod6700
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rod6700, May 27, 2024
  2. SDrimones Win User

Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode

I have a Surface Book 2 and I set Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to On in Settings ->Taskbar, but it reverts itself to Off. Is there a permanent fix to this?

SDrimones, May 27, 2024
  3. set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

Hi Alan,

We’re sorry that the option to Auto-hide Taskbar only in Tablet mode is not available. You can set it to auto-hide in both normal and table mode.

I would suggest you use the Feedback app to leave your findings, comments and feedback related to this product.

Members of the Windows Insider Program can provide feedback about the Windows 10 directly to our engineers by using the Windows Feedback app.

Hope it helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, May 27, 2024
  4. ticoneva Win User

Taskbar set to auto hide in desktop mode sometimes decides to revert to normal behavior...

how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

I wrote a little application to auto-hide the taskbar on my tablets and would like to share it with anyone looking for something similar. In particular, I want the taskbar to hide in landscape mode where vertical space is precious, but not in portrait mode where there is plenty of vertical space.

Features of the application:

• Auto-hide taskbar can be turned on or off independently for each combination of tablet mode and screen orientation.
    • Install for all users.
    • Free and open source.
    The application can be downloaded here:
    http://.com/software/

ticoneva, May 27, 2024
Thema:

Taskbar set to auto hide in desktop mode sometimes decides to revert to normal behavior...

1. Taskbar set to auto hide in desktop mode sometimes decides to revert to normal behavior... - Similar Threads - Taskbar set auto

2. Taskbar behavior Auto hide doesn't work after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar behavior Auto hide doesn't work after startup: For quite a long time the taskbar autohide feature has been turning off, seemingly randomly. Restarting Windows Explorer always fixes it.Another new annoying 'feature' appeared in the last week or two: every morning when I start the computer, the auto hide is 'off' and the...
  3. Taskbar behavior Auto hide doesn't work after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar behavior Auto hide doesn't work after startup: For quite a long time the taskbar autohide feature has been turning off, seemingly randomly. Restarting Windows Explorer always fixes it.Another new annoying 'feature' appeared in the last week or two: every morning when I start the computer, the auto hide is 'off' and the...
  4. "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...: ... as per title. This is a user setting and the OS should never turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-hide-the-taskbar-in-desktop-mode/1cf1199d-0c26-4f52-b9ac-dd28cf965a68
  5. Mouse Without Borders - Auto Hide Taskbar In Desktop Mode - Bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Without Borders - Auto Hide Taskbar In Desktop Mode - Bug?: NOTE: Neither Microsoft Garage nor Mouse Without Borders are listed in "Sub-Topics" below. So, selected People. Suggest adding "Other." Please route to proper team.Windows 10 Pro: v21H2, OS build 19044.2130, Feature Pak 120.2212.4180.0 on two computers, A & B.Computer A: One...
  6. Mouse Without Borders - Auto Hide Taskbar In Desktop Mode - Bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Without Borders - Auto Hide Taskbar In Desktop Mode - Bug?: NOTE: Neither Microsoft Garage nor Mouse Without Borders are listed in "Sub-Topics" below. So, selected People. Suggest adding "Other." Please route to proper team.Windows 10 Pro: v21H2, OS build 19044.2130, Feature Pak 120.2212.4180.0 on two computers, A & B.Computer A: One...
  7. Taskbar reverts to one row with auto hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar reverts to one row with auto hide: Running version 1903. I auto hide the Taskbar and have two rows of icons. After each re-boot, the Taskbar reverts to one row. With auto hide this occurs whether it's locked or unlocked. It will stick to two rows if turn off auto hide and lock it, but that's not what I want....
  8. Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode: I have a Surface Book 2 and I set Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to On in Settings ->Taskbar, but it reverts itself to Off. Is there a permanent fix to this?...
  9. how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?: Hi! I'm finding the taskbar to be useful in desktop mode (where I tend to be using more apps), but to be a waste of space in tablet mode (where I want a full-screen experience). Is there any way to set the taskbar to auto-hide only in tablet mode? Thanks! Alan ...
  10. Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto-hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, the taskbar is located at the bottom of your screen(s) in Windows. You can set to auto-hide...