Windows 10: Taskbar settings

Discus and support Taskbar settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm not totally sure how to word my question, so bear with me - I'd like to change the settings of my taskbar so that when I click on an icon i.e. an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JennA1101, Jun 23, 2024.

1. JennA1101 Win User

Taskbar settings

I'm not totally sure how to word my question, so bear with me - I'd like to change the settings of my taskbar so that when I click on an icon i.e. an open app, it just switches to that app, instead of making me choose which open window of that app I want to switch to. Can anyone tell me what setting I need to change?? Basically I want to turn off the window selection.

:)

JennA1101, Jun 23, 2024
  2. John Fer Win User

Taskbar - to restore to default settings

Hi,

To change the settings for the icons on your taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Select on Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, look for the Combine taskbar buttons option.
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and choose Always, hide labels.
    • Once done, you can now close the settings window.

These steps should help you with your issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

John Fer, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts Taskbar settings :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Taskbar settings

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Taskbar settings

1. Taskbar settings - Similar Threads - Taskbar settings

2. My PC mouse cursor and taskbar text size are smaller than the default settings, and the bug...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC mouse cursor and taskbar text size are smaller than the default settings, and the bug...: There is an issue where, whenever I booted up my pc recently. The mouse cursor and the text of the taskbar became super small and messed up the text size of one of the games I was playing Roblox. I restarted the pc at least 7 times and shut it down 3 times. The bug still...
  3. My PC mouse cursor and taskbar text size are smaller than the default settings, and the bug...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC mouse cursor and taskbar text size are smaller than the default settings, and the bug...: There is an issue where, whenever I booted up my pc recently. The mouse cursor and the text of the taskbar became super small and messed up the text size of one of the games I was playing Roblox. I restarted the pc at least 7 times and shut it down 3 times. The bug still...
  4. Windows 11 taskbar auto-hide settings keep resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar auto-hide settings keep resetting: I use windows 11, i have dual monitors, and upon restart and often while im using the pc my taskbar auto-hide settings will change and the taskbar will not automatically hide any longer. Is there a fix for this? Ive googled this question and it seems like an issue thats been...
  5. Windows 11 taskbar auto-hide settings keep resetting

Windows 11 taskbar auto-hide settings keep resetting: I use windows 11, i have dual monitors, and upon restart and often while im using the pc my taskbar auto-hide settings will change and the taskbar will not automatically hide any longer. Is there a fix for this? Ive googled this question and it seems like an issue thats been...
  6. windows 10 the taskbar is froze , system settings and none other services work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 the taskbar is froze , system settings and none other services work.: After a recent update on my windows 10 the taskbar is froze , system settings and none other services work. Can anyone help plelase. Am nt even able to open settings or win + I shortcut and nothing works...
  7. windows 10 the taskbar is froze , system settings and none other services work.

windows 10 the taskbar is froze , system settings and none other services work.: After a recent update on my windows 10 the taskbar is froze , system settings and none other services work. Can anyone help plelase. Am nt even able to open settings or win + I shortcut and nothing works...
  8. windows 10 the taskbar is froze , system settings and none other services work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. i cannot open start,settings or any thing. I cannot change my wifi as my taskbar is not...

i cannot open start,settings or any thing. I cannot change my wifi as my taskbar is not...: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-startsettings-or-any-thing-i-cannot/56ea2be0-3434-4fdf-be5c-14f15fad5031
  10. i cannot open start,settings or any thing. I cannot change my wifi as my taskbar is not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cannot open start,settings or any thing. I cannot change my wifi as my taskbar is not...: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-startsettings-or-any-thing-i-cannot/56ea2be0-3434-4fdf-be5c-14f15fad5031