Windows 10: Taskbar shows icon plus task view description

Discus and support Taskbar shows icon plus task view description in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just installed Win 10 on my desktop computer. When I first used it to go to a website, it looked just like Win 8.1 – just the icon appeared after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thierry, Mar 13, 2016.

1. thierry Win User

Taskbar shows icon plus task view description

I just installed Win 10 on my desktop computer. When I first used it to go to a website, it looked just like Win 8.1 – just the icon appeared after clicking and connecting. Then I tried the Show The Task View Button and since then in the task bar I see the icon plus a task view description, e.g., right now I see the Firebox icon followed by "General Support – P...," in other words this website right now. Note: I have unchecked the Show The Task View Button, How do I get rid of the description? Just so you'll know, last night I installed Win 10 on my laptop. When I go to a site, I see only the icon which is what I want. Any thoughts, please?

:)

thierry, Mar 13, 2016

2. Missing taskbar icon for switching between windows.

If you are referring to the Task View icon, right click the Taskbar, click Show Task View button.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10-Task View - "New Desktop" icon missing

Right-click Taskbar and enable "Show Task View button". This shows the
    Task View
    icon in the taskbar.

As for "New Desktop" icon missing in the Task View screen, this happens if you're in Tablet mode. Task View Window "New Desktop"
    Button Missing in Windows 10

To turn off Tablet mode, click the Action Center icon in the Notification area and turn off the
    Tablet mode toggle switch.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 13, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi @thierry, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Right click an empty spot on the taskbar, choose Properties, navigate to and choose the options as highlighted in the screenshot, click Apply and OK:

Taskbar shows icon plus task view description [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 13, 2016
  5. thierry Win User
    Thanks, Edwin. Since I looked at that command several times and ignored it, I feel a bit dimwitted. Thanks for your simple solution and your quick response.

thierry, Mar 13, 2016
  6. thierry Win User
    Edwin, a follow-up. On Sunday, I installed Win 10 on my laptop, made the adjustments I wanted (added Move to /Copy to, got rid of the stupid arrows on desktop shortcuts, etc.), used it for a few more things, then shut it down. Unlike my desktop, I never had the problem with the labels in the task bar. When I fired it up yesterday, there were the labels. I'm sure I'd been nowhere near the Properties/Customize functions, ditto originally with the desktop. What, do you think, could have caused too separate computers to do this to me? Is this a known glitch?

thierry, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar shows icon plus task view description - Similar Threads - Taskbar shows icon

2. icon description

in Windows 10 Customization
    icon description: my desktop icons no longer have a description. When I go onto internet explorer I see my icons but no descriptions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-description/54993aa5-252e-41ae-a733-39b15ad789e7
  3. How to automatically show Taskbar in Timeline Task view?

How to automatically show Taskbar in Timeline Task view?: 1. I prefer my Taskbar auto-hidden. 2. When I swipe from the left to open Timeline =Task view, I want the Taskbar to show automatically within Timeline, at the bottom. 3. I don't want to move the mouse or take a second step to show Taskbar, because I don't use a mouse....
  4. why show task view button hide edge icon ?

in Browsers and Email
    why show task view button hide edge icon ?: hi all why show task view button hide edge icon ? for no reason at all after installing may update windows 10 1903 pro 32bit system i have noticed that my edge icons is not appearing on the taskbar but when i right click thre taskbak and click hide task view buton edge...
  5. why show task view button hide edge icon ?

in Windows 10 Support
    why show task view button hide edge icon ?: hi all why show task view button hide edge icon ? for no reason at all after installing may update windows 10 1903 pro 32bit system i have noticed that my edge icons is not appearing on the taskbar but when i right click thre taskbak and click hide task view buton edge...
  6. Task view on taskbar

Task view on taskbar: Hello, I run Win 10 ver 1803 (os build 17134.48). Is there a way to remove the "task view" button from the taskbar? In fact, can I remove it completely from my pc? Thanks...
  7. Remove 'Search' & 'Task View' Icons from WTP Taskbar

Remove 'Search' & 'Task View' Icons from WTP Taskbar: Before: [img] After: [img] Remove Search Icon from Windows 10 Taskbar: 1. Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor. 2. Now go to following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion 3. Create a...
  8. Tasks in the Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Tasks in the Taskbar Icons: [img] Is it possible to remove from the menu the functions (group name: Tasks) that are in the area surrounded by the red rectangle? All I need are the functions under it. Is there a way to rearrange the functions so they are (from the bottom) "Internet...
  9. Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new feature called Task View. Task View is a virtual desktop manager that allows you to quickly switch between all of...
  10. Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?: Is there a way to remove those two items ? They cover up icons I pin to the taskbar *Huh 2199