Windows 10: Taskbar Shrinks Randomly

Discus and support Taskbar Shrinks Randomly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Dell Lat e5550. I have it on a docking station with two monitors. Everything displayed correctly until last week. All of a sudden when I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nbch806, May 23, 2016.

1. nbch806 Win User

Taskbar Shrinks Randomly

I have a Dell Lat e5550. I have it on a docking station with two monitors. Everything displayed correctly until last week. All of a sudden when I click anything in the taskbar the taskbar moves like this

Taskbar Shrinks Randomly [​IMG]

The wallpapers will no longer line up correctly and the taskbar on each monitor disappears. The resolution hasnt changed and I have check the toolbar setting. I have even updated the vid drivers. I cant for the life of me get it to go back

:)

nbch806, May 23, 2016
  2. azay2014 Win User

Windows 10 Toolbar window -- I want a Search Icon instead of a Huge new Search button

Hey Billion,

Thanks for your non-answer, which prompted to find this real answer:

How to Shrink or Hide the Windows 10 Taskbar Search Box

Yes, you can shrink or hide the windows 10 taskbar search box.

Please spread the word!

azay

azay2014, May 23, 2016
  3. Taskbar autoresizing when locked, How to stop this from happening?

Taskbar autoresizing when locked, How to stop this from happening?

So, when the Computer goes to sleep or screen saver plays, the taskbar will resize itself (shrinking in height). Sometimes it will only shrink one size down (never larger), and other times it will shrink to the smallest--1 bar high.

I need viable solutions that are working solutions for this problem---it is very annoying and possibly the final straw in the MS Eco-system, for me.

SteveEstes, May 23, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar Shrinks Randomly

1. Taskbar Shrinks Randomly - Similar Threads - Taskbar Shrinks Randomly

2. why does my taskbar keep on shrinking?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my taskbar keep on shrinking?: Hi,So i have recently noticed whenever i minimize a tab i am not working on for example Chrome if i minimize and go to home screen the taskbar shrinks from full and the start menu also disappears.How do i fix this issue?...
  3. why does my taskbar keep on shrinking?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my taskbar keep on shrinking?: Hi,So i have recently noticed whenever i minimize a tab i am not working on for example Chrome if i minimize and go to home screen the taskbar shrinks from full and the start menu also disappears.How do i fix this issue?...
  4. How do you shrink the taskbar in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you shrink the taskbar in windows 11: Simple as the title, I prefer it not take up double the space that it previously used in windows 10 and am incredibly dissatisfied that there is no option to not have a massive taskbar....
  5. Shrink window caption buttons w/o shrinking taskbar tray icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shrink window caption buttons w/o shrinking taskbar tray icons?: I found this tutorial on how to shrink the window caption buttons (minimize/maximize/close) by tweaking the registry. However, as anyone who uses it is aware, changing the caption button sizes also changes the taskbar tray icons, so by shrinking the caption buttons to a more...
  6. shrink width of taskbar along bottom of screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    shrink width of taskbar along bottom of screen?: Is there any way to shrink the width of the taskbar along the bottom of the screen? So that e.g. it is 50% of the screen width (sort of like Fluxbox in Linux)? I have googled and can not seem to find a way. Is there a Registry hack of some sort to do this? This is purely for...
  7. My icons keep randomly shrinking

My icons keep randomly shrinking: Hey everyone, joined the forum looking for help with this very annoying issue I'm having. So I'm on of THOSE people who like to give all their games the same circular style icons found on Deviant Art. I noticed though after a week or so that on of my new icons had shrunk,...
  8. Address toolbar not shrinking with taskbar

Address toolbar not shrinking with taskbar: Hello, When I use the small taskbar buttons, the address toolbar does not shrink with the taskbar causing a gap between the icons and the bottom of the screen. Is there anyway to fix this? I have tried restarting windows explorer and that doesn't work, neither does a...
  9. Random Icons "Shrink"

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Icons "Shrink": As you can see in the links below, random icons have shrunken and their .ico images are all the same (256x256)... 2016-06-21_1904 - Broussard's library 2016-06-21_1908 - Broussard's library I have tried changing the .ico images on the shrunken ones but they still...
  10. Creators update Taskbar shrinks after reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators update Taskbar shrinks after reboot: Brand new system that I just purchased week ago today, half way through installing my apps onto it creators update hits me. Let its run it's thing figuring since most of my apps I have not installed yet this would almost be a fresh install of that. I let the update finish...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbar keeps shrinking