Windows 10: Taskbar sometimes does not hide

Discus and support Taskbar sometimes does not hide in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, I have noticed this for a while. I have the task bar set to auto hide - this works most of the time, but, occasionally it stays up on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by damocles, Nov 10, 2015.

1. damocles Win User

Taskbar sometimes does not hide

Hey all,

I have noticed this for a while. I have the task bar set to auto hide - this works most of the time, but, occasionally it stays up on screen and won't hide. Not the end of the world, but, it would be good have this niggle solved.

Any ideas?

:)

damocles, Nov 10, 2015
  2. Lynn 696 Win User

Taskbar at bottom of screen

I have checked "auto hide taskbar" but in Windows 10 that simply does not always work (as with so many other things in Windows 10). Sometimes if I hide all the windows that I am trying to work with and then left or right click the desk top it will drop
    down, but not this time. It is blocking some things that I need to work with. What does Windows 10 want other than "auto hide taskbar"???

Lynn 696, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Hide taskbar in Windows 10

Sometimes if you use the Search (Cortana) function on the Taskbar that won't hide then close the response, you will return to the task at hand and the Taskbar hides. Of course, if you click on the Taskbar to go to a different application, up it comes
    again. Why not a Keyboard Shortcut to hide the Taskbar? CRTL-SHIFT-DOWN?

JerryLa Fleur, Nov 10, 2015
  4. cameos Win User

When Windows thinks you have unread notifications, the taskbar stays visible. Sometimes Windows messes up.

cameos, Nov 11, 2015
  5. damocles Win User
    Interesting, I had notifications turned off - turned on with no new notifications, it still happens.....I will see what happens after a reboot.

Thanks for your input cameos

damocles, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar sometimes does not hide - Similar Threads - Taskbar sometimes does

2. My taskbar is set to automatically hide, but does not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is set to automatically hide, but does not: There are extremely frustrating times when my taskbar, which is supposed to automatically hide, does not, and I cannot figure out what I have to do to make it disappear. There are no indications on the taskbar icons as to what is keeping it from hiding. How can I determine...
  3. My taskbar is set to automatically hide, but does not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar is set to automatically hide, but does not: There are extremely frustrating times when my taskbar, which is supposed to automatically hide, does not, and I cannot figure out what I have to do to make it disappear. There are no indications on the taskbar icons as to what is keeping it from hiding. How can I determine...
  4. Taskbar does not hide on second monitor...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar does not hide on second monitor...: So i have set that taskbar minimizes and when you move mouse to the screen bottom it shows. On main monitor if I run full screen program taskbar is hidden but on second monitor collapsed taskbar is shown and when I move mouse to the bottom of the screen it shows up and it is...
  5. Hiding the taskbar

Hiding the taskbar: Good morging everyone!) I want to ask you how can I hide the taskbar only when I'm on the desktop? And when some programs are open, the taskbar is unhide. Can I do this with third-party programs or Windows settings? Thanks) Thanks for my English Google translate〒▽〒...
  6. Hiding the taskbar

Hiding the taskbar: Good evening everyone!) I want to ask you how I can hide the taskbar only when I'm on the desktop? And when some programs are open, the taskbar is unhide. Can I do this with third-party programs or Windows settings? Thanks) Thanks for my English Google translatу〒▽〒...
  7. Hiding taskbar

Hiding taskbar: I'm trying to hide my taskbar but it always shows the taskbar when I minimize an app. Any fixes? submitted by /u/SexiestMinecrafter [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxfykx/hiding_taskbar/
  8. hide the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    hide the taskbar: someone moved my settings and now it is not hidden, if anyone can help me thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-the-taskbar/64748b12-a50c-4fe9-a3f7-071090ec1bdb
  9. hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    hide taskbar: What does it take to hide the taskbar and keep it hidden? This setting has not worked correctly for at least the past 3 years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-taskbar/4756b890-5fdb-4746-b9af-8958c41b0c46
  10. "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar: Hi, I'm using Build TH1 10240 with all updates (just checked before I posted this to be sure) dual booting W7 and W10 with no known problems other than the taskbar issue. The taskbar hides and appears fine when nothing is up but the desktop, or the settings window and...