Windows 10: Taskbar still visible in fullscreen mode

Discus and support Taskbar still visible in fullscreen mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been facing an issue where the taskbar is still visible when launching a full screen application, such as game, a video player or even some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksio89, Jan 14, 2018.

1. ksio89 Win User

Taskbar still visible in fullscreen mode

I have been facing an issue where the taskbar is still visible when launching a full screen application, such as game, a video player or even some applications like Remote Desktop Connection. The only way to solve this is restarting Windows Explorer process through Task Manager, which becomes extremely annoying after a while as this happens very often. IIRC, this has been happening since Fall Creator's Update, and after laptop wakes up from hibernation.

My other laptop and desktop, also running same version of Windows 10, do not suffer from this issue, even when turned on after hibernation. I have recently refreshed Windows 10 in this laptop, in order to attempt to solve another unrelated issue, but the taskbar not auto-hiding issue persists. Thanks in advance.

Info:
    laptop model: ASUS X550LN-BRA-DM548H
    Windows 10 Home Single Language x64 Version 1709 (build 16299.192)

:)

ksio89, Jan 14, 2018
  2. Ninjameat Win User

How can I keep the taskbar visible when in fullscreen mode on windows 10?

Occasionally the taskbar is still visible when switching to fullscreen mode, but rarely. There must be a way to keep it visible all the time, I'd imagine.

Ninjameat, Jan 14, 2018
  3. johnr_312 Win User
    Taskbar in start menu

randomly when i press or use the start menu then my taskbar is still visible and looks wierd. I use my taskbar in fullscreen mode like windows 8 and the taskbar is still visible after i reboot my pc does anyone know a fix?

johnr_312, Jan 14, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

Let's try an attempt at resetting default computer settings by doing simple steps.

1) Right click on the Taskbar, and uncheck Lock the taskbar
    2) Click-and-drag the Taskbar over to the left side of the screen, and let go of the mouse click, to set the Taskbar over there
    3) Again, now click-and-drag the Taskbar from the left part of your screen right back down to the bottom
    4) Right click on the Taskbar, and check Lock the taskbar

Try running full screen applications.

Taskbar still visible in fullscreen mode [​IMG]

pepanee, Jan 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar still visible in fullscreen mode - Similar Threads - Taskbar still visible

2. Taskbar permanently disappears from fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar permanently disappears from fullscreen mode: As seen in the attached screenshots opening a fullscreen game or another fullscreen app i.e. Youtube causes the taskbar to vanish. Any help would be much appreciated. Figure 1 is the image where the taskbar has dissappearedFigure 2 is an example of an application that causes...
  3. Taskbar pop up in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar pop up in fullscreen mode: when im watching youtube ,playing games in full screen mode if my mouse cursor goes to the bottom of the screen the taskbar always pop up ,its so annoying when my character in game looking down then the taskbar will pop up...
  4. Taskbar pop up in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar pop up in fullscreen mode: when im watching youtube ,playing games in full screen mode if my mouse cursor goes to the bottom of the screen the taskbar always pop up ,its so annoying when my character in game looking down then the taskbar will pop up...
  5. Taskbar appearing on fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar appearing on fullscreen mode: Hey, I just recently installed Windows 10 in my computer and I'm having a problem with the taskbar while on fullscreen mode on Youtube and such. Here are some screenshots I took from my problem: [ATTACH] As you can see, I'm on a youtube video on fullscreen and the...
  6. Windows 10 taskbar slightly visible in applications that are in fullscreen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 taskbar slightly visible in applications that are in fullscreen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/M_Huzaifa12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw406h/windows_10_taskbar_slightly_visible_in/
  7. Can't open Settings or Start Menu, taskbar visible in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open Settings or Start Menu, taskbar visible in fullscreen: So yeah.. title? I don't know how or why it happened. One day, it just kinda did, without any possible explanation. Please help me fix these problems, they're the only reason I went and made an account here. I previously had issues with this system, but none were as annoying...
  8. Taskbar will not hide if any app is in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar will not hide if any app is in fullscreen mode: All of a sudden, now when I put any app in fullscreen, the taskbar remains in place. I have to set the host taskbar to autohide to see the fullscreen. It is really annoying in a hyper-v session as it hides the vm taskbar unless I autohide host taskbar This just...
  9. Taskbar not visible whilst alt+tabbing in windowed (fullscreen) game

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar not visible whilst alt+tabbing in windowed (fullscreen) game: Evening all, As of just recently I had to install a fresh windows 10 OS on my alienware aurora R4 due to freezing issues. I had to install windows 8.1 provided with the pc when it was purchaed then upgrade to windows 10 because I couldn't get windows 10 onto a USB for a...
  10. taskbar in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar in fullscreen mode: Not sure if I need to put the thread here or in software but as of recently whenever I go to fullscreen mode for a video or game, no matter which application the task bar for windows still shows. I never had auto hide on before and until recently never was an issue. This is a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when launching game win 10 start bar remains visible