Windows 10: Taskbar stops responding whenever I plug in headphones.

Discus and support Taskbar stops responding whenever I plug in headphones. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I am using Windows 10 Home Edition Single Language. I downloaded it via the download for users who use accessibility tools though I use none... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paawan, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Paawan Win User

Taskbar stops responding whenever I plug in headphones.

Hi guys, I am using Windows 10 Home Edition Single Language. I downloaded it via the download for users who use accessibility tools though I use none but that was the only one I could find.
    Its the same as the normal download.

So I noticed this problem recently. Whenever I plug in or plug out the 3.5 mm jack the taskbar as well as the function keys for volume change brightness etc stop responding. After about 5 minutes the taskbar immediately shows the jack plugged in notification and everything returns to normal.

Although unrelated I think the laptop is taking more than longer time to boot too.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Paawan, Sep 2, 2016

2. Lumia 1520 Video Playback Issue

I found the error...its headphone...whenever I plug headphone videos and music will stop playing...without headphone it is normal...pls help how to resolve this issue.

SRSHARMA001, Sep 2, 2016
  3. can't delete podcast from Windows Phone 7

The podcast plays. Whenever the phone is turned on, or whenever the volume button on the side (HTC HD&) is pressed, the "stop/fast forward/rewind" buttons for the podcast appears.

When headphones are not plugged in, a prompt appears indicating that the headphones act as an antenna and must be plugged in.

Keith

kmmcdonald, Sep 2, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Reinstall the sound driver and run sfc /scannow. If you did an inplace upgrade, doing a clean install usually fixes these kind of problems.

bro67, Sep 2, 2016
  5. lmaneke Win User
    When you install Windows 10 from a burned DVD, you can only install and activate the version of Windows allowed on your product key or digital license, Which is Windows 10 Single Language. The single language usually means that it was pre-installed. It's the same as the Normal Windows 10, only one language allowed, but the rest is the same.

If you would like Windows 10 Home or Pro, you will need to buy a product key.

Now, as for the taskbar freezing plugging in headphones, I had this issue when I upgraded my system from 1511 to 1607, although I had a number of issues after the upgrade. SFC didn't find integrity violations, but I had profile issues and driver issues, as I was also having some bsods after the Anniversary Update.

Uninstall and reinstall the sound drivers, and, possibly create another user account to test this issue. Also, turn fast startup off. Then go to an elevated command prompt, type chkdsk C: /f

Since fast startup is off, do a full shutdown of the system, reboot and allow Windows to do the hard disk scan.

After reboot, hopefully some issues are fixed.

Worst case scenario, I had to do a clean install of the Anniversary update. You may need to do the same.

lmaneke, Sep 2, 2016
  6. Paawan Win User
    I ran SFC in cmd, no violations were found there. Then I uninstalled the Realtek HD Audio driver and the issue went away so I redownloaded it and installed it again but the issue came back. Can I safely assume that its the driver causing the issue?
    If yes what should I do now as I have no sound after uninstall.

Paawan, Sep 2, 2016
  7. lmaneke Win User
    Did you try creating a new user account? Create a new user account, and then reinstall the driver.

No driver, no sound, and I know that would suck to have no sound.

I highly doubt it's the sound driver causing the issue, as I had this same issue on my desktop. Did you upgrade from 1511 to 1607? If so, you are more than likely one of few who had issues with the Windows 10 update, and a clean install was the only way all of my issues were resolved.

If your laptop came preinstalled with Windows 10 Home Single Language version 1511, I'll be honest, I've had nothing but issues with pre-installed systems, as manufacturers install their junk software and sometimes do funny things with Windows Partitions, which at times, making upgraded difficult.

I remember when I bought an Acer laptop a few years back that had Windows Vista installed. I bought Windows 7 and did an upgrade, and that was an absolute nightmare, as a bunch of the preloaded software did not work, and drivers didn't work at all, making the system a total loss. Lucky I had no important data on the computer, and I wiped the system and done a clean install of Windows 7, which ran perfect.

If your problem still persists, post again and I, or someone else will do our best to assist you.

lmaneke, Sep 2, 2016
  8. Paawan Win User

I don't know about the update but yes Windows Update did update something *Tongue

No, this laptop came preinstalled with Windows 8.1 I did the update and then did a factory reset and had to update again using the update for users with accessibility apps because that was the only one available now.

I'll try creating a user account in a day or two and update you.

Doing a clean install would be my last resort. Would the option to reset windows which is present within windows 10 qualify as a clean install?

Paawan, Sep 3, 2016
  9. Paawan Win User
    Creating a new user account worked. Problem Solved.
    Thanks a lot all of you. *Smile

Paawan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar stops responding whenever I plug in headphones. - Similar Threads - Taskbar stops responding

2. Headphone audio stops whenever I open a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone audio stops whenever I open a game: My audio works fine when playing smaller games, but when I open up bigger, more demanding games like Portal 2 or GTA V, my audio stops working through my headphones. It works through the startup screens, but goes away after that. For example, in Portal 2, the audio works...
  3. Headphone audio stops whenever I open a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone audio stops whenever I open a game: My audio works fine when playing smaller games, but when I open up bigger, more demanding games like Portal 2 or GTA V, my audio stops working through my headphones. It works through the startup screens, but goes away after that. For example, in Portal 2, the audio works...
  4. "Headphone not plugged in"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Headphone not plugged in": Hi, I recently have faced this issue. My dell laptop has been working fine, but one day suddenly, I plugged in my headphones, and the following things happened:1:this image isn't mine, I couldn't screenshot the notif but it's this:2: I press "OK"3: When I play audio, it comes...
  5. "Headphone not plugged in"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Headphone not plugged in": Hi, I recently have faced this issue. My dell laptop has been working fine, but one day suddenly, I plugged in my headphones, and the following things happened:1:this image isn't mine, I couldn't screenshot the notif but it's this:2: I press "OK"3: When I play audio, it comes...
  6. "Headphone not plugged in"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Headphones plugged in but mic is "not plugged in"

Headphones plugged in but mic is "not plugged in": Everything functioned fine until yesterday when I attempted to play Modern Warfare with my friend and I realized windows wasn't registering that my mic was plugged in. I've tried 3 different headphones, 4 different aux cords, and two different aux ports and all of them have...
  8. Taskbar volume control stopped responding.

Taskbar volume control stopped responding.: I loaded Windows version 2004. Now my taskbar speaker volume icon won't respond. Is this a known problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-volume-control-stopped-responding/0c8e19d2-8eaf-46fe-8c5f-545dd9629786
  9. headphone plugging

headphone plugging: hi My computer does not display that the headphones as one of the sounds in the Control Panel, even when the headphones are plugged in. I cannot set the headphones to default! Please help!...
  10. Speakers/Headphone Icon in Taskbar doesn't respond

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speakers/Headphone Icon in Taskbar doesn't respond: When I click on the Speakers/Headphone icon in the taskbar, nothing happens. Right click doesn't do anything either. This means I can't adjust the volume without going into Settings. Why would this be happening? The other icons on the taskbar do respond....